RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

106dml4.jpg

The tank crewmen hear the high-pitched scream of a siren.  It can mean only one thing.  Air attack.   By the time they consciously realize their impending doom, it is too late for them to do anything but stare at each other in horror.  Their lives are snuffed out seconds later.

29bolu1.jpg

Smoke wafts lazily from yet another grave in this snowy Hell named Cholm.  Nearby infantry flee in terror from the explosion.

The tank from the previous post had only 3 minutes to live after that turn.  They were torn apart by a Stuka attack.

Heinrich505

2rpbogh.jpg

Max has survived the attack this day.  He used up his belts of MG ammo and had to use his rifle.  He realizes that he now has the dubious distinction of being No. 1 gunner for the heavy MG.

He cups his hands to call to his comrades that he will get help, but they have to hold on.  There are still Russians nearby, but they are pulling back.  The Stuka has broken their back and on-call artillery has held them at bay.  The siege at Cholm continues.

Heinrich505

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting thing about Cholm: Before Kohlenklau did his map, I never heard of the place before. But I looked it up, and apparently it's pronounced "holm" with a hard h.

That's actually a Scandinavian word, but it means something like a small peninsula, and Cholm isn't on the coast.

Then I looked at the map and saw that it's located on a big bend and fork in the river, forming a peninsula... I think there might be some historical connections here.

2 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Interesting thing about Cholm: Before Kohlenklau did his map, I never heard of the place before. But I looked it up, and apparently it's pronounced "holm" with a hard h.

That's actually a Scandinavian word, but it means something like a small peninsula, and Cholm isn't on the coast.

Then I looked at the map and saw that it's located on a big bend and fork in the river, forming a peninsula... I think there might be some historical connections here.

You're spot on. The BBC recently produced an excellent series about the Vikings. Cholm stands on their river-based trading route with the Byzantine Greeks.

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

You're spot on. The BBC recently produced an excellent series about the Vikings. Cholm stands on their river-based trading route with the Byzantine Greeks.

That is a fascinating historical period in what is nowadays Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. Funnily enough, I first learnt about it on a novel by Michael Crichton, The 13th Warrior?

Edited by BletchleyGeek

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Ouch!  Were all your tanks on the right flank distracted by the infantry?  How many tanks did he have against your three? 

Yes, they were distracted by two groups of infantry on the left and on the right. Not sure if that was deliberate, but it sure worked. Five against three, usually not terrible odds for hull-down Germans to take a couple shots and withdraw.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, George MC said:

Panthers and SPW from Kampfgruppe Muhlenkamp in action, summer 1944.

Kampfgruppe Muhlenkampf ...........................hmmm .................. I gave @IanL excellent scenario / campaign list a quick look.  I couldn't find this one.  Could it be possible George MC is working on yet another scenario ?!?!?! 

10 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

I bet a dollar a doughnut George is using this awesome new book to design the scenario. I had it sent to me for free by a bookseller and the photo collection is spectacular.

61nsHzFwYEL._SX490_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I am - that and Wiking Summer and Wiking Panzers :) The above book is the most stunning set of combat images I've seen. And there is a follow up planned seemingly.I can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello...

A few screenshots from a scenario i'm working on. The setting is Operation Konrad (the German-Hungarian effort to relieve the encircled garrison of Budapest during the Battle of Budapest in January 1945). The player will be commanding a reinforced infantry company tasked with
providing flank security to the german spearheads as they are advancing forward. Sure enough...as the german panzers have moved ahead russian reinforcements are launching counterattacks against the flank of german advance. Your task will be to defend your sector of the flank.

George MC have very kindely allowed me to use a cut down version of his outstanding 'Carius at Malinava' map. I have also added the WinterMod to the scenario. This results in some pretty nice visuals...

The good guys..

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202016-12-16%2019-07-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202016-12-12%2020-11-

and the enemy...

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202016-12-16%2021-57-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202016-12-16%2021-57-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202016-12-16%2019-12-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202016-12-16%2019-12-

CM%20Red%20Thunder%202016-12-16%2019-06-

My goal is to have the scenario finished before the end of this year and so far eveything is comming along nicely...