Imagine...

Fuser..that game is pure arcade..gameplaywise CMx2 is eons ahead as far as a wargame goes..and I'd rather have CMx2 gameplay over WargameALB graphics..I think GTOS has some of the best graphics..actual damage decals and the AFV's\APC's actually gather dirt during the game etc etc plus for a realtime game it's a damn fine wargame. Infact if CMx2 had no WEGO mode then GTOS would be my go to tactical wargame, it's the nly real time game apart from CC2 that I've actually enjoyed playing.

These razzle-dazzle games giveth with one hand and taketh away with another. I suppose BFC could supply you with low poly count vehicles, no shadows or shading effects like that, and take away the map editor in order to substitute of a single hand-built monster map that your computer could run.

It is amazing what happens when you combine a couple of truckloads of money and a game system that is designed to be a fun, abstract, and simplified version of warfare. All sorts of things can happen. Obviously neither situation will ever happen for Combat Mission. Because even if we did have truckloads of money, we'd quickly run into choices between deep, realistic gameplay or graphics. Though no doubt a couple hundred thousand spare bucks lying about could definitely make a single CM release look better. Of course then everybody would want the same for every release, so we're back to truckloads of money again :)

Though I do wonder how up close and person one usually gets in that game. I haven't played it, but RTS games are usually only practically playable with the camera pretty high up in the virtual sky.

Steve

Seriously it is very typical of RTS fair when it comes to realism..tank rush all bunched up..Helo's that get shot down instantly as they can't do proper tactics using the terrain etc to pop up then drop out of LOS..the terrain looks great but the TACAI is more like a WW2 Starcraft.

It looks great fun and I imagine a superb competitive RTS..but it isn't a grog like wargame like CMx2 is. As I said GTOS has come near to perfection when it comes to RTS and play like a wargame plus looks lovely. Still CMEF when it comes out will be my go to east front tactical wargame because it has WEGO..my holy grail.

It is amazing what happens when you combine a couple of truckloads of money and a game system that is designed to be a fun, abstract, and simplified version of warfare. All sorts of things can happen. Obviously neither situation will ever happen for Combat Mission. Because even if we did have truckloads of money, we'd quickly run into choices between deep, realistic gameplay or graphics. Though no doubt a couple hundred thousand spare bucks lying about could definitely make a single CM release look better. Of course then everybody would want the same for every release, so we're back to truckloads of money again :)

Though I do wonder how up close and person one usually gets in that game. I haven't played it, but RTS games are usually only practically playable with the camera pretty high up in the virtual sky.

Steve

Steve

Played a bit of this during Beta, it's fun but your comment about the camera is accurate for this RTS as well. No real chance to follow a platoon of tanks up close or an F-15 as it dogfights a MiG mid game. The few times I've actually got distracted and done so... I've lost my right flank. :rolleyes:

Steve

You just keep on doing what you already do please.

Well it's a different experience. Same with conversations, sometimes one is looking forward for a good in depth discussion, but other times you just want to have a laugh.

I have the original Wargame without planes and quite enjoyed it. But of course it isn't comparable to CMx2, which I played more and still play.

Now where are those truckloads of cash?? Since CMx2 doesn't need it, I'll gladly take it off yous.