german helmet retake

No, he was just wishing out loud and blowing hot air. No definite release date has been announced yet and the late April date is purely speculation by us amateurs, but neither is it a groundless one.

Michael

Not exactly speculation. From the CM:BN pre-order page:

Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is scheduled for release around the end of April, 2011.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does the game model the trajectory of shell fragments and take into account intervening armour on infantry? It does on vehicles. So, if it does on infantry, missing that piece of helmet will increase the casualty rate.

So Schultz, where did you get hit?

Right where the helmet would have been if BFC had designed the damn thing correctly.

Does the game model the trajectory of shell fragments and take into account intervening armour on infantry? It does on vehicles. So, if it does on infantry, missing that piece of helmet will increase the casualty rate.

Not to that detail probably (as in penetration charts for bullets to various types of helmets), but in CMSF the game knows if the body part hit is protected with body armour or not.

Well I am glad I am not too nit picky... But I did notice in the screenshots that all the Germans carry their weapons like Americans... both hands... LOL

Its not a game changer for me of course, but if anyone at BF read a German Squad tactics manual they would realize that Germans held their rifle, submachine gun etc with their good hand, and had the other Free if you will, for when they had to go to the deck in a hurry... this was installed in them since the day they went to boot camp if you will, and became as natural as drinking Beer!

Again not a game changer, I respect and aprreciate all the hard work they have put into the game already... sometimes it just the little things that can immerse you more.

Its not a game changer for me of course, but if anyone at BF read a German Squad tactics manual they would realize that Germans held their rifle...

I'm sure they have read more of them than you have. ;) Just because something isn't in, doesn't mean they don't know about it. In this case, I'd bet money it was to avoid working on more animations.

With all the talk here I think you guys forgot about the helmet issue by now.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. The helmet has been tweaked. Also the chin strap. It does look better, thanks to the comments here.

There is a limit to the number of polygons we can use so it will never be perfect. Also it can be placed a bit more to the front, to the back, up and down. All this affects the perception somehow. All in all it looks pretty good IMO.

The texture might need a bit of adjusting after this tweaking.

Here is a preview of what it looks now:

GermanHelmet.jpg

Sooner or later you and I are going to meet up, and there will be alcohol invoved. I am looking forward to it.

We shall meet on the battlefield my friend, end of April hopefully ;-)

ps anyone mentioned the chinstraps? Everybody has one and it's fastened.

pps i am not moaning cos the game looks awesome :-)

ppps i just had a scout around tinternet and noticed that in tthe majority of the german infantry photos i looked at the chinstrap is fastened. I'm sure one of you clever fellas will be able to shed light on this.

I will congratulate him for having a roving eye. ONLY because the BETA members and developers posted here that they have corrected it and WILL NOT delay the release of the game due to this ghastly error.

Now if any of you are going to shout again "Here be dragons" and thus possibly delay the game's release date....... well, we have your forum #.

"you know what? i am happy!..

"attachment.php?attachmentid=734&stc=1&d=1301966950

attachment.php?attachmentid=733&stc=1&d=1301961342

so a last feedback. (sorry for my drawing, i don't work with photoshop cause my own computer is dead...)

Webding, thank a lot.

be carefull with the inclination i point in the rear of the helmet. If the inclination is too soft you will loose the characteristic light on the lower edge of this helmet, on your original helmet it was ok. As you change the chinstrap to his right position, be carefull with position of the strap on the face, next ears .

so now talking about the american helmet....:)

post-32321-141867622236_thumb.jpg

post-32321-141867622236_thumb.jpg

I don't understand why people continue to downplay this. I think it was a fairly major goof, even if it went unnoticed for quite a while. A helmet is a fairly major piece of equipment and a major component in identifying a German soldier as in fact being German.

It's hardly the wrong amount of buttons on a jacket or somefink.

I don't understand why people continue to downplay this. I think it was a fairly major goof, even if it went unnoticed for quite a while. A helmet is a fairly major piece of equipment and a major component in identifying a German soldier as in fact being German.

It's hardly the wrong amount of buttons on a jacket or somefink.

I don't think anyone is downplaying it in a serious way.We all thank the OP for his good eye and we are glad he noticed it.At least most of us probably feel this way I think.

We are just having fun at the expense of the OP and welcoming him to our little community in the typical Battlefront forum way.Gotta have fun anytime you can.Life is too short to not enjoy every minute of it.In case it hasn't been said yet,Good eye OP and I'm glad you found this Horrible,Disgusting,lack of Work ethic,Lazy,No account,unexcusable Screw up.:D:D:D

I don't think anyone is downplaying it in a serious way.We all thank the OP for his good eye and we are glad he noticed it.At least most of us probably feel this way I think.

We are just having fun at the expense of the OP and welcoming him to our little community in the typical Battlefront forum way.Gotta have fun anytime you can.Life is too short to not enjoy every minute of it.In case it hasn't been said yet,Good eye OP and I'm glad you found this Horrible,Disgusting,lack of Work ethic,Lazy,No account,unexcusable Screw up.:D:D:D

Oh, I'm not trying to make any drama.

But this community is its own worst any at times, even when we are trying to be friendly.

Goes back to what was discussed only last week. We could try and be a little less insular at times and dial down on the craziness. Here's a new guy making a very good observation and it is a struggle to get any serious comment out of the assembled wit.

Luckily Fugazy has seemingly taken it all in the spirit that it was intended. But I could well see others just throw their hands up and leave.

Let's see... Fugazy makes a bug report. Beta testers read and pass along the info to programmers who make corrections and inform/thank Fugazy. Like Kip's tag says "all in good fun". And Like I say elsewhere "Rule 62... Don't take yourself too damned serious"