How are sales?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's dead easy to figure out.

Just go to the CM:BN Pre-Ordered thread, count up all the folk who said they got their pre-order in. Multiply that number by 1.5 to include the silent minority who lurk and never would post such a thing. Then multiply that figure by the cost of the game.

Then subtract Battlefront's overhead costs (beer, donuts, pizza and electricity costs for Matt's Dance Dance Revolution game and etc -- should be roughly 50% to 60% or so) and you have it.

So...how much profit would that be? $87.53 is my best guess.

If we someday see a photo of Steve wearing a mink coat, covered in gold bling, with a big purple pimp hat and driving a pink Cadillac convertable that would be an indication that sales were decent. :)

Or an indication that Rural Dwelling, Outdoorsman Steve has Totally Lost It

Heh... what JeffSmith said ;)

How are things going so far? As everybody knows, we never give figures. What I can say is that things are going very well from our perspective. In some ways better than CMBO preorders, considering that for CMBO people had a playable Beta Demo in their hands when purchasing AND nobody was waiting for a download option AND the Mac version wasn't even available for preorder AND we actually haven't done much to tell anybody that preorders are open to make sure the most dedicated watchers get a crack at the Special Edition steel box.

How well will sales go overall? We have to see how post release sales. It might take a while before we have enough data to conclude one way or the other since we're not exactly sure how the sales curve pattern will go this time. Way too many new variables in the mix.

One thing is for sure... we're not going out of business any time in the near future :D CM:SF has put us in a very nice spot for this CM:BN launch.

Steve

If we someday see a photo of Steve wearing a mink coat, covered in gold bling, with a big purple pimp hat and driving a pink Cadillac convertable that would be an indication that sales were decent. :)

One thing is for sure... we're not going out of business any time in the near future :D CM:SF has put us in a very nice spot for this CM:BN launch.

Steve

At this point, the dental appointment has been made for the grillz.

http://cdn1.newsone.com/files/2010/03/grillz.jpg

How are things going so far? As everybody knows, we never give figures. What I can say is that things are going very well from our perspective. In some ways better than CMBO preorders, considering that for CMBO people had a playable Beta Demo in their hands when purchasing AND nobody was waiting for a download option AND the Mac version wasn't even available for preorder AND we actually haven't done much to tell anybody that preorders are open to make sure the most dedicated watchers get a crack at the Special Edition steel box.

How well will sales go overall? We have to see how post release sales. It might take a while before we have enough data to conclude one way or the other since we're not exactly sure how the sales curve pattern will go this time. Way too many new variables in the mix.

Steve

If the interest generated by the AAR's is any indication, it seems you are sitting on a hit. I'm thrilled that you guys have decided to take the success generated from CMSF and produce what looks like an excellent WWII title. I'm really looking forward to its release!

Multiply that number by 1.5 to include the silent minority who lurk and never would post such a thing.

Heh... that would be more like "multiply by 10". Only a tiny portion of people who order from us seem to even register on the forums for some reason, let alone participate. It's always been this way, who knows why.

Heh... that would be more like "multiply by 10". Only a tiny portion of people who order from us seem to even register on the forums for some reason, let alone participate. It's always been this way, who knows why.

I bet it is the 'aroma' seeping from the Peng thread.

Anyways, I Hope sales go well and BFC gets filthy rich.

Steve

Very good to hear,,,,judging by the aar's it should be a great success. With the futrue modules it will keep us busy for a while.

It's always been this way, who knows why.

Just my opinion no offence intended but the Peng challenge thread doesn't exactly say we are a friendly bunch. Understand its a bit of fun for the participants but i don't think it does the forums image much good. IMO of course :)

Just my opinion no offence intended but the Peng challenge thread doesn't exactly say we are a friendly bunch. Understand its a bit of fun for the participants but i don't think it does the forums image much good. IMO of course :)
Anyone that gets offended by the Peng challenge thread has some kind of social disorder to begin with and probably should just stay in Moms basement and not try to interact with people on a regular basis anyways.If they can not tell it's all in good fun then they would not last long in any game forum I have ever been a member of.:D

Could be, but then this ratio was the same even before Peng. If anything, I find some of the regular threads (and users) scarier then the Peng threads ;)

Could be, but then this ratio was the same even before Peng. If anything, I find some of the regular threads (and users) scarier then the Peng threads ;)

Hmm, I recall when I first joined this forum, an innocent post sort of agreeing with another post had me immediately misidentified as a re-register of some nutter who'd been banned.

For a while there it looked like hot irons would be applied to my feet etc. So I can kinda agree with Moon's comment. It can be a bit ... insular here ;)

All Forums of any size have their oddities. We like to keep ours to one specific thread and they (thankfully) like it that way. And like Moon said, at least when people look at that thread they should know people are just kidding around. When looking at some of the comments in other threads... even we hardened Forum veterans are sometimes unsure what's going on with some people :D

Steve

We're odd. Really. Who cares about this stuff, it's, like, history?

Wouldn't have it any other way.

Hmm, I recall when I first joined this forum, an innocent post sort of agreeing with another post had me immediately misidentified as a re-register of some nutter who'd been banned.

For a while there it looked like hot irons would be applied to my feet etc. So I can kinda agree with Moon's comment. It can be a bit ... insular here ;)

I KNEW it.

Heh! I just looked it up. Hilarious! One case of mistaken identity but otherwise a warm, if crazed, welcome. But pretty daunting for a forum newbie not used to what passes for sanity around here.

One thing though:

...an innocent post...

On this forum?! Highly unlikely story. Phah! Going around claiming innocence like that is highly suspicious. What are you hiding? You just made it on the BFC Watch List, mister! ;)