December Normandy Bones

The opposite of Truth is called a Lie.

Not necessarily. Just to be semantically nit-picky, the opposite of Truth is Untruth. Untruths come in various forms, such as inaccuracies (as you correctly noted), fallacies, misapprehensions, stupidities, etc., etc., and lies—which as you noted are deliberate withholdings of the truth and substituting of untruths in their place. The defining characteristic of a lie is intent.

The rest of your paragraph is IMHO right on.

Michael

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're going to be the proud papa, and we're gonna love the baby that CM:N will be almost as much as you're gonna love it, but we're the ones who'll ask, upon seeing the newborn in your arms, "So, when are you going to get his nose fixed?" ;)

LOL! :D

Could hardly have been put better.

Michael

My, I missed some fun :) Quick batch of responses:

5. An exact date won't be announced, but when we open up for Preorders that will be a pretty good indication that release is roughly 4-8 weeks later. The variable time mostly has to do with production issues that may crop up at the last minute. Usually they don't, but sometimes they do.

Steve

Translation: Preorders Dec 2011. Ship 8 weeks later Feb 2012.

This is the most important release for BFC since CMBO - they may disagree, but with the amount of attention and expectation around CM:Normandy I believe it will be a major crisis point in their future success with the series.

So from a company view it's so important to get it right, not just in terms of how it's recieved by CM veterans but by reviewers and potential new players alike.

Therefore the game will be released when it's ready and no sooner, although I'd like to know what the 'solid target date for wrapping things up' is. :)

Well, there's a subset of posters who fixate on what the game isn't. If Steve lists twelve new features they'll fixate on #13 not being included. If he list 21 new features they'll fixate about #22 not being included. If he lists fifty...

New features required by CM:N

1. Water - its in the game

2. Bocage (hedgerow) - It's in the game

3. Angry Cucumber Warriors - Its in the game

4. Two BARs, 3 BARs - Its in the game

5. Excruciatingly dressed SS tank commanders - It's in the game

6. Hay stacks - It's in the game

7. Dead Cows - It's in the game (maybe)

8. Flowers - It's in the game

9. Split Squads with 2 scout option - It's in the game

10. Really cool fuel gage and tachometer on M7 Priest driver compartment - It's in the game

11. etc

12. etc

13. RELEASE DATE: Not included I see your point exactly

Ah, but that was speculation in lieu of the name to moan about.

I'm baffled, and strangely annoyed, by this bizarre secrecy. It seems exceedingly pointless. If they aren't happy to put up the forum and website as they said they would, I can understand that there probably are good reasons for it.

But if, after this year of permanent imminent release, they still can't give us the name of the game... smiley-rolleyes008.gifsmiley-rolleyes008.gifsmiley-rolleyes008.gif

I would still like to see a list of new features that have made it in the game. I see no harm in that.

Well as the list isn't complete (stuff is still coming [and out]) again there wouldn't be much point would there?

Otherwise is someone publishes a list now with "Feature X" and its culled by the final release, that would be something someone would start raving about with comments like "but you promised ...".

If they aren't happy to put up the forum and website as they said they would, I can understand that there probably are good reasons for it.

Sorry I didn't see the post in question, but did it mention a timeframe?

I'm guessing there's a bunch of lawyers / marketing people in an exchange along the lines of:

What about "X"?

No, used in a 19XX movie by blah blah"

What about Y, its available?

Who is going to buy something called "Y"!

etc.

I'm baffled, and strangely annoyed, by this bizarre secrecy. It seems exceedingly pointless. If they aren't happy to put up the forum and website as they said they would, I can understand that there probably are good reasons for it.

But if, after this year of permanent imminent release, they still can't give us the name of the game... smiley-rolleyes008.gifsmiley-rolleyes008.gifsmiley-rolleyes008.gif

good post

going by an earlier post i read i cant see it being released before March 2011. The odd reference to 'we are just about done' seem to have gone on forever.

good post

going by an earlier post i read i cant see it being released before March 2011. The odd reference to 'we are just about done' seem to have gone on forever.

I'll stake my optimistic claim by picking Jan 26th! Anyone else want to pick a date? If Michael Emrys was able to pick it then he'd really have something to brag about in his signature block. So pick a date and let's see what the consensus guess is. 'Vaporware' is still a valid option, but undefined dates like 'after Duke Nukem Forever' is completed ain't

But if, after this year of permanent imminent release, they still can't give us the name of the game...

Why does it matter? The game is going to be the same thing whether it is called "CM:Normandy Is The Balls" or "CM:Insert Own Name Here". Or is there someone here that would not buy the game if they didn't like the name?

The actual answer is, as it usually is, simple. We want to unveil the name of the game at the same time as we get the website and dedicated Forum up and running. Since the latter is taking longer than we wanted (there's other critical things to do that keep getting in the way) revealing the name is also taking longer than we want.

As for listing all the features in the game, well... the website will have some listed. But as for a list of all the new stuff since CM:SF, we don't have a specific list assembled. It's not something we normally do.

Steve

I thought there weren't going to be any SS in the first release.

:confused:

Michael

You're not the one confused :D Waffen SS comes in the 1st Module.

Steve

Which of course means the second product in the series (i.e. Module 1 to the base game).

Just in case people were getting their hopes up on this. :)