Forum 10 years old 02/08/09

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waited for the CMBO Demo. Bought a PC that could play the CMBO Demo. Played the CMBO Demo...Died and went to heaven. Spoke with Fionn and was resurrected as a PBEM player of malice and mirth. Met MaxM and fell in love, wives and sweethearts be damned! Quickly learned the true value of headphones and marriage counseling. Met Joe Shaw and was taught vengeance is not always mine. I've been responsible of the murder of thousands of pixel truppen and played Italians in CMAK. I have become, in my greying age of innocence long lost, a Fanboi. My fate having been sealed that day in Nov. 1999, I embrace what I have become: a member in odd standing of this venerable forum!

My account still works! I read the boards for a year before signing up originally. Then, I stumbled into the Peng thread thingy and was giving cod piece cleaning duty.

good times...

Not quite correct lad, you were GIVEN cod piece cleaning duty. Your statement implies that you were the one in charge of giving the duty and, trust me on this, you were not.

But I've never seen cleaner cod pieces nor shinier piss buckets than we had during your tenure as Serf.

Mark Ezra I seem to recall that you won more than your share ... which can pretty much be said of most of my opponents. But I STILL recall that glorious first QB we set up ... a tremendous and close fought PBEM that would made a great scenario. A real tribute to the game and that incredible QB system.

Joe

Thanks all! Yup, it's hard to believe that 10 years has gone by so quickly. It's gratifying to know that we've somehow managed to beat the odds. There's only a couple of wargaming companies, including boardwargaming ones, that can say that. I'm still saddened to think of how Avalon Hill and SSI left the scene since they are the primary reasons I got into wargaming in the first place.

Steve

Happy birthday BFC!

I am still a relative newcomer. I completely missed CMBO since NW europe 44-45 was never my favorite theater. I only came onboard when the CMBB demo was released in fall 2002 and have been hooked ever since.

Hopefully, the next 10 years will be as productive and succesful!

..and who knows, maybe I will eventually see my dream game:

CM:VIETNAM! ;)

Not quite correct lad, you were GIVEN cod piece cleaning duty. Your statement implies that you were the one in charge of giving the duty and, trust me on this, you were not.

Didn't he viciously elbow his way to the front of the line to volunteer for that particular duty?

Steve