Sorry, but not happy

Downloaded the demo of CM:SF, loved it, had to have the game, so got it through Amazon, all nice and sealed in its box, opend it up, installed, updated, even had the odd battle but graphics were playin up so fixed them today only NOW to be told im running some dosgy disc for the game ? whats that all about ?

I am NOT going to register at some naff site to get an ORIGINAL bought game fixed to play, this is NOT good and very unhappy.

Sounds like his game had been working fine, then he did something with the graphics (in the game Options menu? the prefs on his own system?) and now the game can't seem to locate the registration file?

I do recall I had to 'do' the v1.07 patch twice before it ran, though that may have zero to do with 666th's troubles.

To me this sounds like the guy bought the retail version (from Paradox) from Amazon and then installed the wrong (Battlefront) patch on it. Of course it's also possible that he bought some kind of second hand or pirated copy from Amazon marketplace... who knows.

or...buy direct from BFC and ditch Paralytic Inactive
Surely if this was the only way to go BFC wouldnt have partnered up with Paradox? Are Paradox still on-board for the next versions, i.e. Marines? Is Paradox so bad that BFC will be trying to ditch them? Can BFC ditch them?

Oh and I dont have a clue what the guy who started this thread is about but maybe he could sort of expand on his problem.

Sorry.

1) Got paradox version from Amazon

2) Installed 1.07 paradox upgrade

3) Enjoyed a few maps but had problems with PC Graphic card, as game graphics were sticking.

4) Fixed Graphic card with upgrade

5) Window now appears saying i got to go to some site coz im running a back up or dodgy disk.

6) Full un-install - re-install

7) As for 5

8) double click on icon wait for silly window, double click again, game starts, close silly window, play game, graphics fixed, back to having FUN FUN FUN.

9) NO Testicles