Peng Challenge, What a Beautiful Thread

dalem

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now maybe I’m just being my usual pedantic, mean spirited & niggardly self but haven’t we all congratulated Lars on his upcoming marriage like a dozen times already… how many congratulations does a man need?

Oh buggar it, congratulations again… it’s another excuse for a booze up I suppose

Originally posted by Lars:

Getting married

I hope SC2 gets released while you are gone, and sells out so that you have to wait even longer.

By that time, the lovely Sharri will have forbidden you to buy any more of "those silly computer games". Serves you right.

Originally posted by OGSF:

*scattered pipin' trails awah, tae bae replaced bah tha hauntin' sound o' "A Scottish Soldier" bein' played on tha spoons*

*scatter-ticky scatter-ticky scattter-ticky tack tack*

*somewhere ain tha distant fog, a wee bairn begins tae cry*

Which reminds me...

Yesterday, about this time, I had my radio on as I usually do, turned down fairly low with the music in the background. Gradually, it dawned on me that strange, unpleasant sounds were emanating from it. Thinking that either it was malfunctioning or the station had lost its sattelite downfeed and was broadcasting static, I turned the volume up enough to try to identify the nature of these sounds. It was then that I realized that what I was hearing was a Scottish pipe and drum corps. Now, usually I don't find that kind of music unpleasant, but on this occasion it really wasn't at its best. But what could you expect, it was a Canadian station, and those are getting to be almost as bad as US stations. Pity, really.

Michael

Lars, old compadre, I suppose I should congratulate you, give you a friendly pat on the back, etc. I really wish I could. I mean, it would be the polite thing to do and all. After so many years of visiting this place, however, I find I can't seem to remember how to go about it. So, I'll just wish you get the biggest dose of the clap ever and your ship hits a reef thousands of miles from any penicillin. Good luck.

Michael

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

Now maybe I’m just being my usual pedantic, mean spirited & niggardly self but haven’t we all congratulated Lars on his upcoming marriage like a dozen times already… how many congratulations does a man need?

Oh buggar it, congratulations again… it’s another excuse for a booze up I suppose

Well I haven't you effete British fop, now get back to killing off your troops in front of my trenches to no good effect, and letting me infiltrate my submachinegunners into your flanks with no difficulty whatsoever, as if you had invited them over for fish and chips. You sir, and I use that term loosely, are a true heir of Montgomery.

Slackers,

I have a first draft of a new scenario. It features crunchies, North Africa, crunchies, Tunisia in December, crunchies, Brits and Yanks, crunchies and some things that explode. If you have to torture a new serf, this would be the way to do it [but feedback is required]. I'd post this in the other thread, but it seems deader then Joebob's sex life. Let me know.

Back to working on things that cannot be mentioned.

Rune

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Here's a good one for you.

You can bring a fishing rod on the plane.

Can't bring the hooks.

Sheesh, the way I fish, neither one is a deadly weapon….

You're planning on doing some fishing on your wedding trip?

Oh, Lars... you have got SO much to learn.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Here's a good one for you.

You can bring a fishing rod on the plane.

Can't bring the hooks.

Sheesh, the way I fish, neither one is a deadly weapon….

All the best to ya.

And as for the fish, try skinny dipping. That'll have 'em floating upside down on the surface in no time.

Seanachai ... I liked my version better ... and who's to say I'm not right eh?

dalem was too broke up over losing.

Lars was still benumbed over his impending wedding.

Papa Khann ... get real.

YOU ... like I'd believe you anyway, it WAS your underwear, you admit that.

The important thing is that I'm in El Paso but I get to go home tomorrow ... that's the important thing ... and getting forewarned about another gift from the Abomination rune.

Joe

Originally posted by dalem:

Someone owes me a bloody heroic poem.

There is a young Tosser called dalem.

Who's arms, he just likes to flail 'em.

He thinks he's a bird,

But he's just a big turd,

Thank heavens there's only one dalem.

<font size=-2>Thankyouverymuch</font>

Noba.

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

I don't know, I don't think it even took Montgomery this long to set up a defense. Come on, Sir 37mm, where's that turn!

Okay you pathetically whinging git you've got your bloody set-up ... you know I've been waiting over a year for the next turn in my game with Moraine Sedai & you don't see me complaining.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

Now maybe I’m just being my usual pedantic, mean spirited & niggardly self...

When have you ever been anything else?

</font>

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font>