Peng Challenge, What a Beautiful Thread

dalem

Originally posted by Moriarty:

Ergo, it must be, yes, most likely is the bathtub ... perhaps the same one he gets his gin from.

Chri—er...( nods to Bauhaus)...Tarnation! I think it must be the bathtub. I certainly hope so. Given the range I'm seeing from side to side, it better be, or I'm going to be scrubbing the floor for days to come.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Fortunately, if I sit very still and don't move my head around much, I can thoroughly enjoy my newly arrived copy of 'Serenity'.

Dalem, you poison toad! Return my DVDs of 'Firefly'!

Oh shuttup you yank bastard.

If you keep listing shows I really enjoy I might end up liking you.

Well, it may just be the disorienting effect of my new specs, or it may be the half-litre of rum talking, but I have to say that, despite the fact that the Aussies are clearly the most loathsome people that God ever made (outside a list that I will provide, via email, if requested), I have to say that the buggers always do seem to have a pretty good sense of humour.

Well, except for Noba, perhaps. Bugger seems a bit dour and bitter, sometimes. Is he from a part of Australia that was settled by Calvinists, or somefink?

Can't remember the last time he joined in a jolly singsong.

Ah, the sad songs. Sometimes I sit and listen to the sad songs, long past any point where anything other than sorrow can be achieved. And then I weep.

I like to think that tears cleanse. Sometimes I picture my soul as the rather tatty, soiled piece of ****e that it is hung from the branches of an oak. And then tears come down in one of those showers you sometimes get from a blue sky, with big, dark clouds going by on their way from here to there. And not washing it clean, or anything, but...making it a little less awful. A bit more fresh. Re-instilling a sense of wonder, and joy, despite sorrow.

That's the point of tears, if you will.

Funny thing is, I shed them mainly amongst you lot. Don't ever mention them to my family. Too near and hard for friends here in town, too. All that uncomfortable silence, or hands simply reaching out to grasp yours, and earnest looks.

What the hell am I supposed to do with that?!

So, when I cry, I come here. To the arse-end of the fecking Universe. To the biggest bunch of tossers that the gods ever saw fit to give an opposable thumb.

To the Peng Challenge Thread.

It cheers me, somehow, to know that you're all out there. And it brings me a sort of peace.

So you've got that going for you.

I should be doing something, about now. Perhaps cursing the Aussies. Or bowing to the Ladies of the 'Pool. Or kicking the snot out of fools. Someone remind me. Why am I here?

What time is it in Ohio? Where's my bloody large, thuggish henchman, Boo?

I'm a tired, visually impaired, mentally disoriented old man. I need my thuggish henchman. Where's my Radley?

My back is bent, my hair is grey...

Boo! Goddamn you, Boo! Fetch me my three basted eggs, ham slice, two slices of rye toast, american fries, half a grapefruit, large orange juice and sundries, you bastard!

I'm a tired, sad, broken down old man! Do you expect me to mock, deride, and belittle this pile of feck-sticks without my breakfast? Oh, woe is me, woe is me!

I can't be having with this, at my age.

Goddamn Berli, anyways! Am I supposed to make you all feel small, unimportant and shiftless by myself?

Man, this whole Peng Challenge Thread thing...

It takes it right out of a man.

And so, Peng is back. With never a nod to the fact that the bastard left me capering rather like an old fool without him...

Peng, my lad. These people need the whip, and a strong wrist behind it. Have you read the stupid ****e they come up with on their own?

Even the Justicar is starting to sound like an Oprah re-run.

Quite, you could probably cram a side of bacon down that pie hole, without so much as a slight burp.

I would not want to be the one who has to feed you. rleete might be up to the task, but I wouldn't trust that black hearted reprobate as far as I could kick him. He would probably over cook the eggs.