When should we start refreshing for 1.04

thewood

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MikeyD:

The longer it takes the more refined tweaking can be done. Ask for a new patch within a week and you'll only get a week's worth of fixes.

LOL. That's what I was thinking. I want this bad boy to take a month or more! I wouldn't care if it took three, if it gets the game to where the weirdness is gone. Take your time fellas...I am having fun.

Mord.

While one side of me agrees with you MikeyD, another says that a lot of people are waiting on some fixes to play. Waiting almost six weeks may end up driving people to give up on it. Getting one of two major fixes out to get one or two aspects working might help.

The way I see it right now, it is somewhat playable in small engagements in RT. You can work around some issues and micromanage to avoid big AI issyes. On the other hand, WEGO is not playable for me and I think a lot of the WEGO players. That leaves a pretty big segment sitting by and waiting.

Yeah, the one weekend that I did 25 hours in one day (unfortunately, I can attest that it is possible to do this!) are hopefully behind us. I did more work in one weekend than a Frenchman is allowed to do by law in a full week. Yet America lags behind France in worker productivity... go figure!

We were hoping to have v1.04 wrapped up tomorrow, but that isn't going to happen. A speed optimization Charles stuck in worked GREAT for most of us, but actually put a couple of testers down to 1.2fps in some cases. To which Charles said "oh yeah... now I remember why I didn't put that in before" :D So he's got to take it out and we have to retest again. That's thrown off our schedule.

As a quick preview, here are some things v1.04 will have:

1. More pathfinding fixes.

2. Hopefully the berm/hill shoot through problem is over and done with now!

3. Various TacAI issues tweaked

4. Commands at different Waypoints now works correctly

5. Stuck unit/soldier bug fixed

Lots of other stuff too.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

A speed optimization Charles stuck in worked GREAT for most of us, but actually put a couple of testers down to 1.2fps in some cases. To which Charles said "oh yeah... now I remember why I didn't put that in before" :D So he's got to take it out and we have to retest again. That's thrown off our schedule.

A couple of testers sounds like a minority to me, why not make the optimization optional via the UI??

Originally posted by Jamm0r:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

A speed optimization Charles stuck in worked GREAT for most of us, but actually put a couple of testers down to 1.2fps in some cases. To which Charles said "oh yeah... now I remember why I didn't put that in before" :D So he's got to take it out and we have to retest again. That's thrown off our schedule.

A couple of testers sounds like a minority to me, why not make the optimization optional via the UI?? </font>

good news indeed, looking forward to 1.04.

"..I did more work in one weekend than a Frenchman is allowed to do by law in a full week. Yet America lags behind France in worker productivity... go figure!.."

it's the red wine consumption that makes all the difference... ;)

[ September 13, 2007, 06:01 AM: Message edited by: Sgt.Joch ]