When should we start refreshing for 1.04

thewood

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Statisoris:

I'm an insane coffee connoisseur, the only cup of coffee around here that costs $5 is an expresso drink, cup of 100% Jamacan Blue Mountain, 100% Kona or maybe a big cup of Yauco Selecto AA.

Snip

Well of course I meant a cup worth drinking

Guatalmalan Antigua is my preferred

but I think most of you missed the point smile.gif

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

back to business..

maybe we shall see v1.04 later this week?

Maybe (we are all hoping) thurs or Fri for the weekend?

Now that would be a novelty, a patch before the weekend ....... but I'm keeping my fingers crossed ;)

And if there is no solution to the 8800 problem in 1.04 - I swear I'll .... I will ......I'll have to ..... try World in Conflict !! :D

Could any of you BattleFront guys give us some official information on patch 1.04? I'm getting worried since you all havent been posting near as much as before 1.03 was released. Please, please please, give us some hints on expected release, I truly am going insane waiting for it, there just isnt much to do around here right now.

The last thing Steve said is still the case. (see the note below)

I know this was seven days ago but the testing and the work has not stopped, however nothing worthly of a release with the name "v1.04" on it has yet to raise its ugly head. I hope I did not break any NDA rules. Steve mentioned speed optimizations and they have taken a little longer then was first envisioned I think. smile.gif The testing is continueing everyday, and everytime someone reports their card gives them performance like Steve mentioned (1.2 fps) then it just takes longer. Something like this Steve mentioned: " So he's got to take it out and we have to retest again. That's thrown off our schedule."

Sort the old fall back:

"Not yet"

And the old favourite

"When its ready"

We were hoping to have v1.04 wrapped up tomorrow, but that isn't going to happen. A speed optimization Charles stuck in worked GREAT for most of us, but actually put a couple of testers down to 1.2fps in some cases. To which Charles said "oh yeah... now I remember why I didn't put that in before" So he's got to take it out and we have to retest again. That's thrown off our schedule.

As a quick preview, here are some things v1.04 will have:

1. More pathfinding fixes.

2. Hopefully the berm/hill shoot through problem is over and done with now!

3. Various TacAI issues tweaked

4. Commands at different Waypoints now works correctly

5. Stuck unit/soldier bug fixed

Lots of other stuff too.

Steve

[ September 20, 2007, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

you are gonna see development of this engine for a while so i wouldn't worry about it. maybe patches come slower cause nthey are trying to get solid patches and not 'quick buggy fixes' and getting more improvements. maybe they are trying to squat a big bug or fix stuff like the nvidia so it's taking its time.

i hope we get it next week though

Originally posted by KNac:

you are gonna see development of this engine for a while so i wouldn't worry about it. maybe patches come slower cause nthey are trying to get solid patches and not 'quick buggy fixes' and getting more improvements. maybe they are trying to squat a big bug or fix stuff like the nvidia so it's taking its time.

i hope we get it next week though

maybe most of that is for the most part largely a correct assessment of the current patch development stage/situation

;)