When should we start refreshing for 1.04

thewood

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then I guess today is just another day leading up to Christmas.

How many more days until Christmas?

smile.gif

Yesterday on Sept 13 Steve said:

We were hoping to have v1.04 wrapped up tomorrow, but that isn't going to happen. A speed optimization Charles stuck in worked GREAT for most of us, but actually put a couple of testers down to 1.2fps in some cases. To which Charles said "oh yeah... now I remember why I didn't put that in before" So he's got to take it out and we have to retest again. That's thrown off our schedule.
To me that says:

"Maybe sometime next week" :cool:

I did buy the game after .03 patch and so far I like the game a lot, although there are some things that could be better, but all in all I would say it is a good game. The biggest problem I have with it so far is no TCIP WEGO. Which knocked me out of my favorite method of playing. I have tried the RT, but it just does not "feel" right to me. Also, I have found large complex scenarios, (ones I made) once saved will lock up once I re-open them. A few really good things about CMSF I love:

Scenario Editor Excellent

Artillery Model

Graphics, it looks so nice, (at least compared to CM1 games)

I plan on posting a detailed thread on what I think latter as I play more and give 1.04 patch a chance to fix a few more things.

Well, is it any surprise that the game will need this many patches when the people making it don't understand what productivity actually measures?

"..I did more work in one weekend than a Frenchman is allowed to do by law in a full week. Yet America lags behind France in worker productivity... go figure!.."

Originally posted by kaiserf:

Well, is it any surprise that the game will need this many patches when the people making it don't understand what productivity actually measures?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> "..I did more work in one weekend than a Frenchman is allowed to do by law in a full week. Yet America lags behind France in worker productivity... go figure!.."

</font>

.01 was release version, I think. anyway, it would be anmy different if they had wait 4 weeks and released 1.02 and 1.03 combined? do you prefer one big patch after 3 months kaifer? that would be anymore good to us? no, is preferable to have small solid patches and gettting the playabality faster rather than wait months for a damn patch like the average game.

what does matter is the number of issues fixed. and IMO, BF is doing quite well post-release compared to average developer in terms of fixing things and doing it fast. 1.5 months is nothing compared to 3-4 years developing time.

back on topic, we want 1.04!

[ September 18, 2007, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: KNac ]

Actually I can wait for 1.04. Class started a couple weeks ago and I am carrying a full load. When 1.04 comes out I will be forced to play through my favorite scenarios, including some CPU killers from rune, and that will kill all my time and make me fail my classes, get kicked out of the MA program, and spend the rest of my life under a bridge living in a cardboard box.

So unless BFC wants to be responsible for that they need to hold the next patch till say, May.

Hope I'm not blaspheming, but did anybody here buy Battlefield 2 when it came out. It seemed like every week there was a day I couldn't get on a server b/c another patch had been released. I reformatted a few months ago and I am still reluctant to load on BF2 because of the time it takes to find all the patches, download them, and then make sure I install them all in the right order. So far, this game is running quite well (1.03) in my opinion, with (relatively) few patches. I just wish that I could have more action on screen without my computer suffering from a massive stroke. Hopefully the next patch might optimize a little more?

I'm an insane coffee connoisseur, the only cup of coffee around here that costs $5 is an expresso drink, cup of 100% Jamacan Blue Mountain, 100% Kona or maybe a big cup of Yauco Selecto AA.

If any of you like coffee, pick up a good variety of Panama Boquete, such as the Lerida Estate Peaberry. It must be just roasted and you must have a french press. Its one of my favorites and usually doesnt cost too much.

[ September 18, 2007, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Statisoris ]