Rumblings Of War III: A Boots & Tracks CMBB Tourney

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Work is a bit crazy for the next few days. I'll be posting the sections sometime next week, maybe Sunday, after I score the ROW II Finals. I've a couple more signups to add to the replacement list too.

John Kettler,

Good to hear you have CMBB running. Hopefully you can stabilize that computer, and get it out of "intensive care". :D

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by redwolf:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by White4:

woo hoo! on the list! now to try and emulate Cpl Carrot, who was on the replacement list and then handed me my ass on a platter..

Your's too? Interesting.

I think he was the major Wolf in a Sheepskin in RoW II (with me the other way round...)</font>

I want some Carrot mortars! I'll give you ALL my Redwolf rifle grenades for just 4 Carrot mortars! :D

Ahaa! Space Hampter is an UberFinn. You cannot have too many UberFinns in a tournament. The question is, "How uber is he?" We shall find out soon enough.

Treeburst155 out.

[ December 13, 2002, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

Originally posted by redwolf:

Yeah, White4. And for me the US rifle grenades never worked smile.gif

I once knocked out a Panther with a single rifle grenade in a scenario where I had no tanks and no zooks. It was a flank shoot at night and against the AI, and the Panther's infantry support had all been killed off, but that shot won the game for me. The grenade was fired by a squad down to one man. Never done that before or since, but I have killed a PzIV with an HQ's pineapple grenade through the open hatch, and have killed many HTs with rifle-grenades through the years. So I can't complain on that score.

I could definitely use a few carrot-mortars, though. I can just hear the Jerries shouting, "Incoming root crops!" Those 88s won't stand a chance. ;)

[ December 13, 2002, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]

Stop picking me! :(:D

I think I had better correct a few inaccuracies in the pervious post. The mortars involved were from a 81mm spotter. He only got 5 88's. The last one survived my attempts with everything else. It finally succumbed when a spotting round froma 155mm landed just a bit too close ;)

Of course in the same battle a 1 man zook team took out a Marder moving fast down a road at about 140m with its second to last shot ;)

Now to Redwolf. Jazza started the encirlcment with that platoon. It is not my fault you presented 2 side-on STuG's at 40m to my squad and zook :D

Cpl Carrot

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Ahaa! Space Hampter is an UberFinn. You cannot have too many UberFinns in a tournament. The question is, "How uber is he?" We shall find out soon enough.

Treeburst155 out.

Well He is clawing his way up the Newbie ranks in the Fellowship of the Newbie Tourny. Perhaps a sign of things to come?

I am completely delighted to have secured the last spot in this Tourney. That has to be good luck, right? Right!?

I have now "designated" myself the 72nd RCT, er, or BCT, or Task Force / Team / Battalion, well, whatever. This blind scenario thing has really messed with my naming conventions. I guess I will go with just the plain old 72nd.

Can't wait for January. :D

Treeburst155,

You completely misunderstood. I said I had CMBB in hand but was still working on getting the computer. My CMBB capabilities are thus zero still. Have been playing CMBO in RoW II Finals only because I have AOL as a backup, since I can't send E-mail via Netscape, and haven't been able to do so since 8 November.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

2) To sign up, you must EMAIL ME at the address in my profile. The subject of the email needs to be, "Signup". In the body of the email, type your forum nickname, and the email address you would like to use for tourney related mail.

4) Do not post your desire to play to this thread. You must email me to reserve a slot! Feel free to bump the thread or ask questions however. This will be a big help to me considering the busy nature of this forum.

^

^

Beckman, and Diceman I think yall might want to do this!

Hi guys! I just got done with a couple grueling days at work. Now I'm going to score the ROW II tourney. Before I do, I thought I'd post the new replacement list so you guys know I have received your emails.

Replacement List:

1) Zealotburner

2) Major Green

3) endit

4) Javaslinger

5) Lt Bull

6) Deadly 88

7) Shocktrooper

8) sgtabell

9) White4

10) Ace Pilot

11) Cuzn

12) Mark Gallear

13) Beckman

14) Diceman

I will be posting the sections soon, maybe even tonight.

Treeburst155 out.