Rumblings Of War III: A Boots & Tracks CMBB Tourney

Play brand new scenarios by the Boots & Tracks Scenario Design Team, completely blind!

Win six different bottles of fine South African wines, furnished and shipped at no cost to you by our sponsor and resident wine connoisseur, Charl Theron (WineCape)!

Experience the new, improved Nabla Scoring System, which makes scenario balance a non-issue in competitions!

Be amazed at the organizational prowess of Treeburst155, your tourney manager, who has never made a mistake in his tourney running life (shut up, Kingfish)!

Yes folks, the time has come to sign up for the ROW III, Boots & Tracks CMBB Tournament. This is how the signups will work:

1) ROW veterans in good standing will be allowed to sign up first, starting December 1st. On December 10th the tourney will be opened up to all. Any ROW vets signing up on or after December 10th will not have priority over newcomers.

2) To sign up, you must EMAIL ME at the address in my profile. The subject of the email needs to be, "Signup". In the body of the email, type your forum nickname, and the email address you would like to use for tourney related mail.

3) Signup emails will be processed in the order in which they are received. As soon as I get 72 players, signups are over. It is possible, though unlikely, that this could happen before the ROW veterans' signup period is even expired.

4) Do not post your desire to play to this thread. You must email me to reserve a slot! Feel free to bump the thread or ask questions however. This will be a big help to me considering the busy nature of this forum.

What You Are Committing To

The tourney will begin sometime in the first week of January. You will be playing five PBEM games more or less simultaneously. The scenarios will run about 30 turns on the average, with a medium amount of units. You will have 100 days to complete your games.

Assuming 30 turns per scenario, this means you will need to process about 45 files for each of the five games. This comes to 225 files that must be sent by you within 100 days. On average you must send 2.25 PBEM files EVERY day to finish on time. One third of these files will be "movie only" files so it's not quite as bad as it seems.

So then, if you have the time and the desire to take part in this event, you need only email me (following the instructions above). Newcomers are welcome to sign up before the 10th, but will not be assigned a slot until the 10th, provided there are slots left.

Signups are now OPEN!!

Here is the sign up list as of 1215 hrs, December 9th (GMT -6). I will try to update this list every 24 hours or so. I will be editing, not reposting the whole thing.

The following tourney vets are signed up:

1) JAT (formerly Saport)

2) Michael Dorosh

3) Redwolf

4) Frunze

5) Cpl Carrot

6) Combined Arms

7) mPisi

8) Bimmer

9) a1steaks

10) Spanish Bombs

11) Thumpre

12)Tuomas

13) TABPUB

14) Mikeydz

15) Holien

16) Juha Ahoniemi

17) Pixelmaster

18) jjelinek

19) Tero

20) The_Capt

21) Ted

22) Bertram

23) Vader's Jester

24) Fate

25) Jon_L

26) Mick_Oz

27) John Kettler

28) Kanonier Reichmann

29) MrSpkr

30) TexasToast

31) U8led

32) Cpt_T

33) Kunstler

34) Enoch

35) Jeb

36) Scheer

37) Vadr

38) Heavy Drop

39) JPS

40) Sgt Gold

41) Gunnersman

42) WadePM

43) Lord Dragon

44) Ron A

45) Ali

46) Ari

Below are the ROW newbies who have signed up. They are listed in the order in which they will be assigned any remaining slots on December 10th.

1) Nidan1

2) Frontovik

3) Red 6

4) Frenchy

5) Legend42

6) Cyrano

7) Jaws

8) Determinant

9) Sgt CDAT

10) Seahawk

11) Dave Turner

12) SpaceHamster

13) Sripe

14) Joakim Ruud

15) James Crowley

16) .............WITHDRAWAL

17) Slicer W

18) Nolloff

19) Steve Fielding

20) StoneAge

21) Joe Cz

22) Souljah1

23) SuperSlug

24) Ryddle

25) Major Victory

26) Flammenwerfer

27) Wellsonian

28) Zealotburner

29) Major Green

29a) Endit

30) Javaslinger

31) Lt Bull

Presently, there are 26 slots remaining. ROW veterans in good standing have the rest of today to claim a slot. In TWELVE HOURS , the new guys will be put in.

Any who miss out will be put on a replacement list in the same order. Chances are at least fair that there will be a withdrawal or two before the tourney begins in early January. Chances are downright good that there will be some withdrawals within 30 days of the tourney start date.

Updated: December 9th, 1215 hrs

Treeburst155 out.

[ December 09, 2002, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me Me Me Me...

I need my third crack at trying to get my paws on them there wines...

;)

H

P.s Do I get a bonus prise for being sad enough to be the first to respond. (Good job I have logged on, after a good meal down at the local chinese in Leamington Spa.

Burp... (opps that should be in another thread.)

P.P.s It is the 1st Dec in the UK. So I am not early, just you yanks are late. (Like WWII, but that is another story.)

[ November 30, 2002, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Aha! That would be me, the perpetual wine alchie sponsering the best tourney on this board! Hello TB, good to see you again here in the flesh. Drop me an e-mail regarding the state of RoW II, will you?

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

</font>

• Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honour of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play )</font>
  • RoW I/II/III/~ tourney sponsor (Wreck/Championship pending/….~)</font>
  • Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of BTS (Baldy got the Fat Bastard Chardonnay!)</font>
  • ”Thank You” donation send to Manx (he use to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Donation send to Team Boots & Tracks for their splendid RoW scenarios</font>
  • Donation send to Gordon Molek for his outstanding CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze) </font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)
    </font>

[ November 30, 2002, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Hi WineCape! You should have a letter from me in your mailbox now.

Holien, you didn't read my post!! I need an email from you for your signup to be official. Subject: "Signup", In the body type: Holien, and the email address you wish to use for the tourney. This necessary for organizational purposes, and to update my email addresses.

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by WineCape:

Cpl Carrot,

All losers in my current PBEM's will be downgraded from Vet to Newbie status. You cannot sunk lower than me in CMBB play. If you do, you are not fit to push a tank in anger in tourney play.... tongue.gif

Well I was kinda hoping Treeburst would let me in since I helped him out of a spot, (and because I want to annoy Holien again).

I woul not get too cocky with our game. I tend to have streak of good fortune for about one turn which counteracts 40 odd turns of disaster :D

Cpl Carrot

Carrot,

Since you've helped out TB when he needed a spot to fill in RoW II (I think), you are bumped back from Newbie to Vet status just because I can do that and on my say-so. Man, that felt powerful :D

Good luck with your RoW III battles Cpl Carrot, this is going to be one mean, fun tourney. As long as Treeburst is at the helm, things will, with friend Fishy's input, run rather smoothly like a Cape Red Blend.

Forgive me TB, I never read any of your e-mails. I had too much to drink last night and was not totally with it.

As for that darn pesky Sgt Lucky Bstrd. Please put him in my group so that I can get my revenge.

;)

Good news as being counted as a Newbie.

Should be interesting in seeing who we get put up against. You never know I might get to player the lawyer as well.....

smile.gif

H

P.s. Ali & Wreck can you stay away from this one this time, please give me a chance I am thirsty.

:D