Rumblings Of War III: A Boots & Tracks CMBB Tourney

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, on the geography issue, I had no problem completing scenarios on time in the finals with KR and MickOz, even though I'm in the US and they're in Australia. If the will is there to complete the games in a timely fashion, it will be done, regardless of time zone differences. So I'd vote to allow geographical diversity to continue.

Actually, it might be good to allow such diversity in the first two tourneys, with the ROW vets, but go for more geographical uniformity in tourney III, with the untried players whose tourney finishing commitment hasn't been tested.

[ December 03, 2002, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]

Wreck's Group in ROW I consisted of:

TabPub, Bimmer, Combined Arms, Juha A, Spanish Bombs, and Enoch. There was another (Tony Zalewski), but he hasn't played in an ROW tourney since.

Would you six like to make up a single section? Let's put it a different way. Are there any of you six who would prefer random placement to this "single section" idea?

Treeburst155 out.

Treeburst155 out.

Tb155:

As I made the first suggestion, I can only reply in one way - YES PLEASE!

If my memory is correct (not always guaranteed), there were no major delays in our section back in ROWI. So in our case the time zone wasn't a big deal (Well, all the others are Yanks...)

I'm sure we would have a great time again. Nobody isn't newbie any more (at least in CMBO :rolleyes: ), some are even finalist material already (some pressure to perform for You guys tongue.gif )

And we all have some scores to settle I believe.

So without any loudmouthing I am eager to show what pissed off überFinn can do! :D

ps. You better check out Chicago area tapwater. there seems to be some strange chemicals. Or knowing that, people there are drinking something entirely different - all the time! :eek:

-Juha

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Congratulations on the new family member, Vadr!

You made it in plenty of time to this thread.

Sgt. Gold,

Yes, you are an ROW vet in good standing. You need to email me however, for organizational purposes. Subject: "Signup" In the body: "Sgt Gold, email address" Thanks!!

Treeburst155 out.

So, am I in or what since my email was not formulated in that manner ? ;)

Originally posted by Juha Ahoniemi:

And we all have some scores to settle I believe.

So without any loudmouthing I am eager to show what pissed off überFinn can do! :D

The score to settle is 60-40 in my favor as the defending Boche in that Canadian attack w/all those flamey thingies....

ps. You better check out Chicago area tapwater. there seems to be some strange chemicals. Or knowing that, people there are drinking something entirely different - all the time! :eek:

-Juha[/QB]

I use a BRITA water filter. WAIT, I just read the label and it is made in Finland!! That would explain all the huffiness and posturing that I am doing! :cool:

I just brought up the Geography thing cuz I did...thought it would be neat to see who was the best in the region. Although, Berli and Rune live here too...must be the water....Juha was right...

Originally posted by Vadr:

Oh sure! Announce this on the day my daughter is born so it takes me 3 days to find the damned thread. Nice! ;)

E-mail inbound Treeburst, don't you dare leave me out of this one!

smile.gif

Vadr

Congrats Vadr!!

Have 2 daughters myself (3 and 5) and they are at the moment for 2 weeks vacation on my parents farm in Williston, the Karoo, 550km from Stellenbosch. The silence is annoying...

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • RoW I/II/III/~ tourney sponsor (Wreck/Championship pending/….~)</font>
  • Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of BTS (Baldy got the Fat Bastard Chardonnay!)</font>
  • ”Thank You” donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Donation send to Team Boots & Tracks for their splendid RoW scenarios</font>
  • Donation send to Gordon Molek for his outstanding CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze) </font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)
    </font>

Originally posted by tabpub:

The score to settle is 60-40 in my favor as the defending Boche in that Canadian attack w/all those flamey thingies....

Tsk tsk, tabpub. Just checked the scoresheet with medians! Remember the Nabla scoring system...It seems that in out group the median for allies was 32.75 so I'd say You still got somefink to prove :cool:

Ahh so You have to rely on Finnish technology? Don't worry, You are not alone. You might also have NOKIA cellphone too... smile.gif

ps. You saw what I can do with PIAT. Wait until I get a schreck!

[ December 04, 2002, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Juha Ahoniemi ]

Tsk tsk, tabpub. Just checked the scoresheet with medians! Remember the Nabla scoring system...It seems that in out group the median for allies was 32.75 so I'd say You still got somefink to prove :cool:

Ahh so You have to rely on Finnish technology? Don't worry, You are not alone. You might also have NOKIA cellphone too... smile.gif

ps. You saw what I can do with PIAT. Wait until I get a schreck![/QB]

In our group, I would agree; but in the tourney as a whole it was a favorable score for me as I recall.

Yes, I have a NOKIA. My wife has a MOTOROLA. Hers is better, but mine was free...you get what you pay for.

I still have that screenshot you bastard... :D I almost broke my computer that morning watching that 200m shot arc in! Yes, that "strategy" saved you from a bigger butt whupping didn't it.. smile.gif

Note to TB: The hell with the geography thing. Let us regroup the old section and fight this grudge match out. In addition, please give Kettler his own thread and call it "John's constant Update thread" or somefink. Please... ;)

I think the RoW I Wreck's Bitches Reunion Tour is a fine idea. Like any reunion of a classic, however, there are of course bound to be a few changes. It seems that the lead singer (Wreck) is off pursuing a solo project or something, as his agent has not returned repeated phone calls. Maybe he wants more money. And Tony, our drummer, hasn't been heard from since our North American debut tour. But the rest of us, it seems, have forgotten our little tour bus spats over the last bottle of Jack Daniels or the blonde groupie in the second row, and are looking forward to starting the next chapter of the long, strange trip. Tell the new guys that we get first choice of the groupies.

ROCK ON!!!

:D

Cpl Carrot is IN!! Excellent!

Those victimized by Wreck in ROW I will make up a single group. Considering the abuse Wreck inflicted on them, this group could actually be called a "support group". So it is written, Juha "UberFinn" Ahoniemi will once again take on five fine US players at once.

Below are the ROW I results of "The Wrecked" section for Enoch:

#We_Cant_Wait

TabPub 35 Zalewski 60

Gaspari 56 Travisano 44

Juha 40 Rohde 51

Enoch 26 Dickens 74

#Duel_At_Dompaire

Zalewski 45 Rohde 51

TabPub 31 Travisano 64

Gaspari 29 Dickens 71

Juha 41 Enoch 59

#Sounds_In_Night

Enoch 45 Zalewski 55

Dickens 87 Travisano 13

Rohde 58 TabPub 42

Juha 56 Gaspari 38

#Resolve_At_Ranville

Zalewski 37 Gaspari 54

Travisano 35 Juha 56

Rohde 18 Enoch 82

Dickens 84 TabPub 16

#Real_Guts

Travisano 27 Zalewski 63

Rohde 37 Gaspari 51

Dickens 71 Juha 29

Enoch 57 TabPub 43

#High_Cost

Zalewski 24 Dickens 76

Rohde 36 Travisano 50

Enoch 31 Gaspari 63

Juha 40 TabPub 60

#Crisis_At_Kommerscheidt

Zalewski 40 Juha 49

Travisano 54 Enoch 40

Rohde 26 Dickens 74

TabPub 50 Gaspari 50

Treeburst155 out.

Wreck’s “Bitches” smile.gif was:

1. Enoch

2. Zalewski

3. Travisano

4. Rhode

5. Davidson

6. Juha

7. Gaspari

For those who want some “nostalgia,” here is Wreck (Leonard Dickens) score in RoW I:

Scenario = We Cant Wait

Wreck (Axis)=74, Enoch=26 [average Axis pts. for this scenario = 56.42, Allied = 40.25]

Scenario = Duel at Dompaire

Wreck (Axis)=71, Gaspari=29 [average Axis pts. for this scenario = 50.08, Allied = 46.00]

Scenario = Real Guts

Wreck (Allied)=71, Juha=29 [average Allied pts. for this scenario = 47.17, Axis = 48.67]

Scenario = Sounds in the Night

Wreck (Allied)=87, Travisano=13 [average Allied pts. for this scenario = 57.58, Axis = 39.08]

Scenario = Kommerscheidt

Wreck (Axis)=74, Rohde=26 [average Axis pts. for this scenario = 39.58, Allied = 56.08]

Scenario = High Cost

Wreck (Axis)=76, Zalewski=24 [average Axis pts. for this scenario =59.75, Allied =36.25]

Scenario = Resolve at Ranville

Wreck (Allied)=84, Davidson=16 [average Allied pts. for this scenario =47.92, Axis =47.58]

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • RoW I/II/III/~ tourney sponsor (Wreck/Championship pending/….~)</font>
  • Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of BTS (Baldy got the Fat Bastard Chardonnay!)</font>
  • ”Thank You” donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Donation send to Team Boots & Tracks for their splendid RoW scenarios</font>
  • Donation send to Gordon Molek for his outstanding CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze) </font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)
    </font>

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Those victimized by Wreck in ROW I will make up a single group. Considering the abuse Wreck inflicted on them, this group could actually be called a "support group". So it is written, Juha "UberFinn" Ahoniemi will once again take on five fine US players at once.

LOL!!! :D I love that, "support group" it is!

And so it begins... (whining, trashing, excuse-making, crying, namecalling and usual chaos)

Beware, Yanks. Even though You have invaded my country with McDonalds, that won't help You now. Prepare to be boarded, resistance is futile, Alaaaaarm, demarcation!!!!! [and there comes my nurse with medication] :D

Originally posted by WineCape:

Wreck’s “Bitches” smile.gif was:

(snip)

For those who want some “nostalgia,” here is Wreck (Leonard Dickens) score in RoW I:

(big snip)

And let's not forget that Wreck also bulldozed his way through the finals, winning all three games in convincing fashion....

[ December 04, 2002, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: CombinedArms ]

Hmmm...that looks a lot like Jon_L's scorecard in RoW II, or Kanonier R...hmmm...imposters in our midst?

;)

Vadr

[ December 04, 2002, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Vadr ]

[beware, Yanks. Even though You have invaded my country with McDonalds, that won't help You now.

Yeah, well, you got us back pretty good with the whole Ikea thing.

Ugghh, some of those scores were pretty ugly reminders of plans gone awry. As for you, Enoch, I have some retribution in mind. I still lose sleep when I think of losing both Stuart/Tetrachs w/in 60 seconds, one to a damn Hotchkiss. Plus, that flame halftrack that rolled right over my Piat ambush marker without a scratch. Plus all that damn wire. Plus.... well, you get the point.