CMFB Downfall and the v2.10 patch are available now!!!

We're very excited to present the Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg module : Downfall. Check out it's webpages for all of the details about this huge module. Downfall

As with other releases the content for Downfall is in a patch. Which means the v2.10 patch is also released. Use the Activate New Prodeucts utility and enter your Downfall license key to "unlock" it's content.

In addition to the Downfall module, the patch introduces Slitherine's PBEM++ and Tournament features to Final Blitzkrieg.

We really think everyone is going to love this new addition to the Combat Mission stable.

Many thanks to the team - it looks great.  First PBEM is under way.

Not a biggie but there's a slight issue with the description and save name for Pershing vs Tiger (they look like they were retained from Comet vs Panther), @Ultradave has reported it.  The new assets look very nice.

Edited by Vacillator

My Volksturm (may 1945, look military) looks okay, though everyone is wearing helmets besides the company and battalion HQ. When I switch to 'standard' appearance there are lots more hats but they're all mapping properly.

16 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

My Volksturm (may 1945, look military) looks okay, though everyone is wearing helmets besides the company and battalion HQ. When I switch to 'standard' appearance there are lots more hats but they're all mapping properly.

That's pretty embarrassing. You are right!  My mistake! Thank you!

What about the other two points?

Just took a quick look through all the maps / scenarios / extracted campaign missions, and all I can say is... really nice job with the Downfall module. Those missions involving the bridge at Remagen look especially juicy. (And well done re: the bridge model.) Plus, with many scenarios, there are panzerfausts nearly everywhere. Should be absolute madness. Love it!

1 minute ago, sttp said:

Just took a quick look through all the maps / scenarios / extracted campaign missions, and all I can say is... really nice job with the Downfall module. Those missions involving the bridge at Remagen look especially juicy. (And well done re: the bridge model.) Plus, with many scenarios, there are panzerfausts nearly everywhere. Should be absolute madness. Love it!

Playtesting the campaigns, I had to be continually re-educated on the fact that, even if the Volkssturm are low-quality forces, those Panzerfausts are to be respected. More than once I was shocked as a coordinated volley of four Panzerfausts came flying at a tank or a squad.

I'm no uniform guy (though my boss believes otherwise 🙄). For unused German (and other) uniforms in the BRZs my guess might be that summer uniforms don't get much use in a fall-winter-spring title. I do have a vague recollection of a discussion on this topic back in CMRT module day of Steve nixing the plan for German M44 uniform because it wasn't battle dress. Again, not a uniform guy working off unreliable distant memory.

Edited by MikeyD

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

I'm no uniform guy (though my boss believes otherwise 🙄). For unused German (and other) uniforms in the BRZs my guess might be that summer uniforms don't get much use in a fall-winter-spring title. I do have a vague recollection of a discussion on this topic back in CMRT module day of Steve nixing the plan for German M44 uniform because it wasn't battle dress. Again, not a uniform guy working off unreliable distant memory.

Aha. Thanks for the reply!
But as I said, it's a bit of a shame about the options for the Wehrmacht and SS since they are already in the game and would normally appear in April and May (well at least they do in CMRT)...

15 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

Aha. Thanks for the reply!
But as I said, it's a bit of a shame about the options for the Wehrmacht and SS since they are already in the game and would normally appear in April and May (well at least they do in CMRT)...

Hmm. At this point in the war the distances between the fronts are so short that I would think the western front would have the same mix of uniforms as the eastern front.

Hi to any Mac users

I am having problems activating my Downfall module as I keep getting an error when using the Activate New Products app.

I have successfully patched my CMFB to v2.10 and I see all the scenarios but greyed out as I have not/cannot activate it. Any Mac users have the same problem. All my other CM games activate fine even my unpatched version 2.03. 

I am running OS 10.15.7 on an iMac 27"

Any advice appreciated. I have lodged a ticket on the help desk and this s new one for them too 🙂

Thanks

Chee

Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 12.04.26.png

I've downloaded Downfall. And I see each of the campaigns have an "Easy" version, and a "Hard" version. I'm not interested in which will pose more or less of a challenge, only in which is more or less historically accurate. Would it be fair for me to guess that I will want to play the "Hard" version of the campaigns then?

34 minutes ago, dontpanic! said:

Hi to any Mac users

I am having problems activating my Downfall module as I keep getting an error when using the Activate New Products app.

I have successfully patched my CMFB to v2.10 and I see all the scenarios but greyed out as I have not/cannot activate it. Any Mac users have the same problem. All my other CM games activate fine even my unpatched version 2.03. 

I am running OS 10.15.7 on an iMac 27"

Any advice appreciated. I have lodged a ticket on the help desk and this s new one for them too 🙂

Thanks

Chee

Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 12.04.26.png

I also failed to activate my Mac version of the module.

I have purchased the Final Blitzkrieg and Downfall Bundle, I activated my product on steam before the game released but It does not show that I have Downfall purchased on steam.

Does anyone have any advice? I only have one activation key and that is for 'CMFB + Downfall Bundle' but steam is telling me I do not own Downfall.

Edit: All sorted, I just need to activate the product code again on the Slitherine website

Edited by Captain_Frog

Hi Dave,

I have tried that method and it still does not run. I still get the error message below.

/Applications/CM\ Final\ Blitzkrieg/Activate\ New\ Products\ -\ CMFB.command ; exit;

hiewlaifamily@192-168-1-118 ~ % /Applications/CM\ Final\ Blitzkrieg/Activate\ New\ Products\ -\ CMFB.command ; exit;

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Applications/CM Final Blitzkrieg/CM Final Blitzkrieg.app.

[Process completed]

20 minutes ago, dontpanic! said:

Hi Dave,

I have tried that method and it still does not run. I still get the error message below.

/Applications/CM\ Final\ Blitzkrieg/Activate\ New\ Products\ -\ CMFB.command ; exit;

hiewlaifamily@192-168-1-118 ~ % /Applications/CM\ Final\ Blitzkrieg/Activate\ New\ Products\ -\ CMFB.command ; exit;

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Applications/CM Final Blitzkrieg/CM Final Blitzkrieg.app.

[Process completed]

I guess those backslashes are escaping the spaces? I'm not knowledgeable about Mac script syntax but at first I was thinking those alternating slashes can't be intentional; but then it seems they preclude every space so guess it is. good luck!