CMFB Downfall and the v2.10 patch are available now!!!

32 minutes ago, Lieutenant Ash said:

Just noticed this while reviewing the german vehicles in Downfall.

sturmtiger bug.jpg

Just checked in my game: Here it looks as it should - so I am guessing you've got a corrupt install or something?

That's a possibility, I wanted to have a look at all the units in the game, so loaded a quick battle and bought one of everything  available. First commonwealth forces - no problems, then the germans - thats when I saw the sturmtiger like this, everything else looks correct. I am running some winter vehicle mods so that maybe causing issues. I will try taking them out and see if it makes a differance. Just for information  I am running the battlefront version of the game.

2 hours ago, Lieutenant Ash said:

I am running the battlefront version of the game.

Same here.

Dont know if you are aware, but there is a collection of "dealership scenarios" for the CMFB base game. When you load them, they should show you all the vehicles in the game. I'll attach them here, but be aware that they are not official, so some vehicles might be missing. And the one called "Downfall" is my own incomplete attempt to update the german vehicles.

Alas, I can remember who made the Dealerships originally.

EDIT:
I've just updated the German Downfall dealership - as I finally found the Ostwind - and added the StuG IV's

Dealership_GER snow 45.btt Dealership_GER.btt Dealership_USA.btt

Dealership_GER snow 45 Downfall.btt

Edited by umlaut
update

Thanks for that, I've been doing a few tests on this problem, firstly the issue only shows up in winter conditions, no snow on the ground and the sturmtiger shows up normal. Secondly the problem shows up if you buy the vehicle individually or as part of the 'sturmoser' unit. Lastly I tried using the sturmtiger .mdr file from 'Red thunder', but this didn't cure the issue. Anyway the rest of the game is running so well I don,t want Hex it by reinstalling, so I will live with it unless anything else shows up.

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Ash said:

Thanks for that, I've been doing a few tests on this problem, firstly the issue only shows up in winter conditions, no snow on the ground and the sturmtiger shows up normal. Secondly the problem shows up if you buy the vehicle individually or as part of the 'sturmoser' unit. Lastly I tried using the sturmtiger .mdr file from 'Red thunder', but this didn't cure the issue. Anyway the rest of the game is running so well I don,t want Hex it by reinstalling, so I will live with it unless anything else shows up.

Strange. I just tried the Sturmmörser company in snow and they look normal (whitewashed). I am on a Mac, though.

• BFCElvis unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 1:18 AM, user1000 said:

January 1945 means this isn't the last module for the game, damn......

I don't get the point, the last module mentions (on the dedicated page of the BFC website):

CMFB Downfall Module Join the assault into Germany! Command the late-war British, Canadian, and Polish forces through to VE Day, 8 May 1945, or take charge of desperate ad-hoc German forces and Volkssturm.

So if there is another module it shouldn't move the timeframe further...