Combat photography: Photos from the front..

On 12/6/2023 at 4:37 PM, PEB14 said:

I definitively need to play PBEM against you as the German player! 🤣

Tell me your preferences and Im sure we can make something happen. :D

By the way my last usage of the Tigers was also fruitless. They were one elite pair. Not only did they spot next to nothing but even If they did spot a tank, they missed it by an inch.

Though surely the bad spotting came from the commanders not opening their hatch,looking outside. The soviets made good use of their HE rounds so that would have been risky.

In the end they got pummeled by the soviets pretty bad.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

Waiting for the CMFB module...

Me too!  Happy New Year to you too.

That first picture is great for camouflage, the tank (yes there's a tank) kinda merges in and out of the grass 👍.

And the second picture is disgraceful 🫣.

10 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Me too!  Happy New Year to you too.

That first picture is great for camouflage, the tank (yes there's a tank) kinda merges in and out of the grass 👍.

And the second picture is disgraceful 🫣.

Haha!  Yes, indeed!  

I just loaded up and finished A Muddy Affair, against the AI with me as the Americans.  I remember you mentioning it before.  Apparently I had never finished it.  Well, in getting completely excited for the new CMFB module I went back and fought to...a draw.  Basically the historical result as well.  That one is like chewing on a handful of nails.  So tough.  Those German defenders fought like devils.

52 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

Haha!  Yes, indeed!  

I just loaded up and finished A Muddy Affair, against the AI with me as the Americans.  I remember you mentioning it before.  Apparently I had never finished it.  Well, in getting completely excited for the new CMFB module I went back and fought to...a draw.  Basically the historical result as well.  That one is like chewing on a handful of nails.  So tough.  Those German defenders fought like devils.

oh yeah, that was a fun one.  Maybe I should re-play it.  Been a long time.

10 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

Yes, I played it against @RMM with me as the Germans.  I think he'd agree with you.

On 1/15/2024 at 11:47 PM, chuckdyke said:

A Debt Repaid main tactic was to use the German Halftracks as an IFV. Occupied all objectives and with 57 minutes left called a ceasefire. Major Victory. 

image.png?ex=65b8562f&is=65a5e12f&hm=741

Did you experience any weird evade behavior on the small hill at the Soviet right wing?  My German full strength infantry squad became heavily suppressed and running away from the woods after a lone surviving soviet bolt action riflemen fired two rounds.

Edited by Chibot Mk IX

5 hours ago, Chibot Mk IX said:

Did you experience any weird evade behavior on the small hill at the Soviet right wing?

No I used the halftracks as IFVs. Once dismounted the squads started to take casualties. Once the Soviets were suppressed they dismounted to clear the woods of tentative contacts. So against infantry the halftracks provide good cover. Once they get some penetrations from AT Rifles the code in the game make them reverse. Against a squad of infantry the Germans will win if they stay in their halftracks. Soviet Maxims and AT rifles are a problem for them.

I've been updating my Stalingrad Mod, all new buildings with full sets of windows and doors. 

4NIPzv.png

Stalingrad Station No. 1

4NIxq7.png

The statue is wrong, but that is where the statue of the children dancing around crocodiles was.

4NZ2wD.png

I made a new grey 24th Panzer Division Panzer III, fits in well with the other Stalingrad models.

4NIfwC.png

The building on the left is the Stalin Museum, and the yellow building is the Nail Factory, where Dragon held on in September for a while before retreating to a building near the Volga. Then there is the famous House of Utilities to the right of the image.

4NZHo7.png

My version of the famous Pavlov's House. Which in reality was pure propaganda, but hey, great setting for a shootout.

4NZr2k.png

I've opened up some of the larger factories in the Barricady Gun Factory; I need some flavour objects in there, I think.

4NZmxv.png

The Barricady factory.

4NZuIM.png

With complete destruction of most buildings, the Rattenkrieg is looking better than ever with BF's Fire and Rubble pack.

Cheers

5 hours ago, NPye said:

I've been updating my Stalingrad Mod, all new buildings with full sets of windows and doors. 

4NIPzv.png

Stalingrad Station No. 1

4NIxq7.png

The statue is wrong, but that is where the statue of the children dancing around crocodiles was.

4NZ2wD.png

I made a new grey 24th Panzer Division Panzer III, fits in well with the other Stalingrad models.

4NIfwC.png

The building on the left is the Stalin Museum, and the yellow building is the Nail Factory, where Dragon held on in September for a while before retreating to a building near the Volga. Then there is the famous House of Utilities to the right of the image.

4NZHo7.png

My version of the famous Pavlov's House. Which in reality was pure propaganda, but hey, great setting for a shootout.

4NZr2k.png

I've opened up some of the larger factories in the Barricady Gun Factory; I need some flavour objects in there, I think.

4NZmxv.png

The Barricady factory.

4NZuIM.png

With complete destruction of most buildings, the Rattenkrieg is looking better than ever with BF's Fire and Rubble pack.

Cheers

Very nice like always such a nice time for the details can be only @NPye.

Cannot wait to see on my screen.

PS: When my disastrous story is repaired I will start creating other interesting things again to leave a more disastrous design I am thinking of roads with various debris wrecks and all what can be added, and perhaps tank tracks encrusted  the roads and fields...

Edited by JM Stuff

6 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Very nice like always such a nice time for the details can be only @NPye.

Cannot wait to see on my screen.

PS: When my disastrous story is repaired I will start creating other interesting things again to leave a more disastrous design I am thinking of roads with various debris wrecks and all what can be added, and perhaps tank tracks encrusted  the roads and fields...

Thank you, just see also the famous tractor FO in the building,  nice to see something helpfull, I will focusse on objects like this next time

Let me now what could be your need...

Edited by JM Stuff

Stalingrad Grain Silo, a must have map when dealing with Stalingrad.

4Faikq.png

15 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Sounds Good...

8 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Thank you, just see also the famous tractor FO in the building,  nice to see something helpfull, I will focusse on objects like this next time

Let me now what could be your need...

Anything to do with city life ie, Pianos, Steps, Railings, Furniture, etc..... Cheers bud