Combat photography: Photos from the front..

34 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

I put these on the CMFB screenshots page but I just love the Chaffee so much (I seriously have a thing for light tanks for some reason) and Umlaut's new weathered mod rocks so I will share again here...

I'm with ya on the light armor.  I really like stuarts but chaffees are great.  I am moving very slowly thru the Downfall scenarios due to work, looking forward to some chaffee action.

On 3/16/2023 at 12:55 AM, Phantom Captain said:

My name is actually Michael by the way.  I don't think I've ever mentioned it here.

I was looking back to see when @RockinHarry last posted (hmmm, July 23, hope all is well) and came across the above which I missed at the time.

So hi Michael,

Keep up the great work,

Tim

23 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

How's it going overall?  I got a PBEM win as US - no pressure 😉.

Played as US, game ended as Axis Minor Victory... After a rough start clawed back to a somewhat respectable finish..

I ko'd a Stug with an AP round fired through a building, which helped turn the game around.

This was against @Phantom Captain I assume 🤣.

It was a while ago but I think my opponent had some of their Stugs in woods behind buildings near the back on my right.  I leveled the buildings (as you do) and they had nowhere to go.

And the others on my left got caught out in an attempted counterattack.  My gunners got medals for that.

Good battle though, and initially I thought I was going to lose as you're a bit exposed up there...

I'll reply as well, ha!  @FlammenwerferX and I are still very much engaged in Metal on Metal.  It's pretty epic so far.  I think we are down to the last 17 minutes.

Around my other (3) PBEM's with @Fizou, RT, FB and BN, I have just really been enjoying FB and the new content.  It made me start the Aachen campaign...

In you go boys!

1602.png

1603.png

Edited by Phantom Captain

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

My favorite light tank of the war.

I like them too, but I took out 5 of 5 of them in Pershings versus Tigers as PBEM, while my Chaffees survived a little better (2 out of 5 were still okay).  Maybe not the best situation for them. 

Pershings (and Shermans) won the day anyway.

Edited by Vacillator

50 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

The rarely seen Italian fascists!

Il fascisti.  Yes it's true, I can't speak Italian. 

While in Rome and its more modern suburbs, I found some Mussolini buildings which were quiet bombastic, like this:

image.jpeg.65a3a58b42cbf9d3517265d29afc4069.jpeg

As a building, I don't mind it.  And I kinda like that it hasn't been erased.

And now I'll shut up as I'm obviously not condoning the Mussolini regime 😱.

Edited by Vacillator