Combat photography: Photos from the front..

2 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Another great battle, I played as US and thought I was losing it but I didn't 😉.

What's truly remarkable and noteworthy here is @FlammenwerferX is actually playing something other than Red Thunder!  A CMFB PBEM against me and another CMFB battle going on at the same time too??  What is happening??  🤣

12 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

What's truly remarkable and noteworthy here is @FlammenwerferX is actually playing something other than Red Thunder!  A CMFB PBEM against me and another CMFB battle going on at the same time too??  What is happening??  🤣

Well I've been focused on teaching you the importance of seizing key terrain in meeting engagements, attacks...etc. 🙃

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

Okay so this is Downfall not Red Thunder (sorry) and I hope my opponent @Ultradave won't mind.  I suggested it must class as a KO and he should do the right thing and bail out 😉:

image.jpeg.703fea872d857429ab82b89eb85c05fe.jpeg

What's not shown is that because of the shear mass of the Tiger, it sheered the tree off at ground level and it's just about to topple over. The TC got a little squeezed in the process though. 🤣

Dave

31 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

Here my Panthers are pummeled by artillery but patiently wait it out.

In two recent PBEMs, I have lost a Panther each time to artillery fire unluckily landing on the engine hatches. 

Just saying 😱.

12 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

In two recent PBEMs, I have lost a Panther each time to artillery fire unluckily landing on the engine hatches. 

Just saying 😱.

Not cool!  Condolences.

Ha!  Oh, I know!  In one of my CMBN battles I had a 60mm mortar drop a round right into the open top of a PSW.  It's amazing when luck turns your way.

But then...sometimes there is nowhere to go and nothing to do but sit there and take it.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited by Phantom Captain

6 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

It's amazing when luck turns your way.

Do you think the code includes a 'luck dice roll' where one player gets the luck and other doesn't 😉?

In Pershing vs Tiger this week, I had an unbuttoned M24 Chaffee on recon duty.  One of @Ultradave's Tigers spotted it and an 88 shell exploded in the trees a few feet from the TC's head.  He buttoned up sharpish, no injuries.  The next 88 shell hit the turret and achieved a partial penetration right next to the TC's position inside.  Again no injuries, just made the crew 'nervous'.  You don't say 😂.  The Chaffee then retreated into the trees, and a turn later was Ready and OK...lucky TC and lucky crew.

Anyway, good luck with your Panthers, although I may be a little late for one of the them!

Sometimes it's just someone's lucky day, I think. A near miss, a glancing blow. Maybe the TC saw the shot being fired, and had just enough time to duck and pull down the hatch enough to avoid the flying tree splinters. Mantle hit - glancing blow (looked pretty direct though), happened to hit the heaviest armor on a lightly armored tank?

Like board games, while each bullet/shell is intricately tracked, when it hits, there is some element of chance as to what happens, as there is in real life as well. Think of a real person being shot - a half-inch either way might have been fatal, but "tis but a scratch" 🤣  And since in a different thread someone said I can't say such things without the meme, I bring you, the Black Knight.

monty-python-black-knight.gif

Just now, Ultradave said:

Sometimes it's just someone's lucky day, I think. A near miss, a glancing blow. Maybe the TC saw the shot being fired, and had just enough time to duck and pull down the hatch enough to avoid the flying tree splinters. Mantle hit - glancing blow (looked pretty direct though), happened to hit the heaviest armor on a lightly armored tank?

Like board games, while each bullet/shell is intricately tracked, when it hits, there is some element of chance as to what happens, as there is in real life as well. Think of a real person being shot - a half-inch either way might have been fatal, but "tis but a scratch" 🤣  And since in a different thread someone said I can't say such things without the meme, I bring you, the Black Knight.

monty-python-black-knight.gif

Merely a flesh wound.

11 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Do you think the code includes a 'luck dice roll' where one player gets the luck and other doesn't 😉?

In Pershing vs Tiger this week, I had an unbuttoned M24 Chaffee on recon duty.  One of @Ultradave's Tigers spotted it and an 88 shell exploded in the trees a few feet from the TC's head.  He buttoned up sharpish, no injuries.  The next 88 shell hit the turret and achieved a partial penetration right next to the TC's position inside.  Again no injuries, just made the crew 'nervous'.  You don't say 😂.  The Chaffee then retreated into the trees, and a turn later was Ready and OK...lucky TC and lucky crew.

Anyway, good luck with your Panthers, although I may be a little late for one of the them!

In direct opposition to your lucky M24 TC, another one of my Panther TCs in this battle was killed just being unbuttoned and backing away as one of those 17lber rounds exploded, in the ground, about 10m from my retreating Panther and the shrapnel killed my TC.  I swear!!  Of all the rotten luck.

I've been busy adding to my Stalingrad Mod V2, and I've finally been able to make a house chimney from the column FO, also I made oil tanks from the windmill building. Here's a quick look at how it's coming along.

Trying to remake the utter destruction of Stalingrad is impossible, but I think I can at least give it a flavour and make the Stalingrad game experience really immersive. The Rattenkrieg continues. Cheers