How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

5 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

As for Shapps saying 70% is better than 99.9%, that's not logical for most weapons systems most of the time. 

I recently read that Bradley has finally been greenlighted (greenlit?) to be upgraded with Iron Fist LD APS after improvements had increased reliability to 70%, up from something like 50-60% before. When Stryker Slat was fielded it was said to be only 50% effective in tests.

Edited by MikeyD

Well, it's began. Soon Israel will hear "mopeds" in the air. I wish good hunting to Israeli AD and to wipe out Iranian militray industry for Israeli missile troops

Pro-Iranian group Katib Hezbollah in Southern Iraq claimed military operation against Israel. I suppose, South Lebanon Hezbollah will do the same later. It's a good opportunity to bomb into stone age one country of the "Evil Axis". But balls are needed

Edited by Haiduk

29 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

It's a good opportunity to bomb into stone age one country of the "Evil Axis". But balls are needed

I suggest it's not a good idea.

A targeted response against those responsible rather than creating any more terrorists by killing innocent people. 

Bombing people to the stone age has already escalated this to a level that was uncalled for..

34 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Well, it's began. Soon Israel will hear "mopeds" in the air. I wish good hunting to Israeli AD and to wipe out Iranian militray industry for Israeli missile troops

Pro-Iranian group Katib Hezbollah in Southern Iraq claimed military operation against Israel. I suppose, South Lebanon Hezbollah will do the same later. It's a good opportunity to bomb into stone age one country of the "Evil Axis". But balls are needed

Not just balls but a lot of US provided weapons as well. Those weapons would be of use in your country better against the russians. Israel picked a very peculiar time to get into an escalation circle in the middle east. All the support that is wasted on Israel us gonna be missed in Ukraine. That's even more concerning when you realize that Iran cant really do anything other than political stunts with its drone and proxies. All of that is pointless and lead to nothing but wasting efforts and assets on the middle east.

23 minutes ago, omae2 said:

Not just balls but a lot of US provided weapons as well. Those weapons would be of use in your country better against the russians. Israel picked a very peculiar time to get into an escalation circle in the middle east. All the support that is wasted on Israel us gonna be missed in Ukraine. That's even more concerning when you realize that Iran cant really do anything other than political stunts with its drone and proxies. All of that is pointless and lead to nothing but wasting efforts and assets on the middle east.

Israel hasn't a border with Iran. Well, maybe Hezbollah proxy in Lebanon. So, they mostly will be needed in long range weapon, which USA rejected to give to Ukraine. Guys. Wake up. West, stucking on "tolerance, multiculturalism, diversity, inclusive, 100500 genders, LGBT, BLM, coala saving and carbon trail" lost sense of reality in that time, when dictatorships were arming, using western technologies to contest post WWII world order. WW3 is coming. It will not be like WWII, It will begin like several distant regional conflicts tied with one goal - to weaken West. And then... If this probes are not stopped, the global clash will begin. So, Iran-Israeli conflict maybe it's not good for us in short perspective, but probable weaken of Iran it's a good for future. If some of "Evil Axis" will get bright blow at own teeth, than less probability that West will fight directly in huge global war in nearest 10-15 years

Edited by Haiduk

27 minutes ago, Holien said:

killing innocent people. 

I don't believe anymore in "innocent people". Neither in Russia, nor in Gaza, nor in Iran. Sorry.  

Edited by Haiduk

9 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

don't believe anymore in "innocent people". Neither in Russia, nor in Gaza, nor in Iran. Sorry.  

Children are always innocent. Simple.

Not their fault where they are born.

I strongly suggest you pause your posts on this topic.. 

I have deep respect for you and understand your pov but IMO it's not something for this thread.

I will PM you tomorrow.

Edited by Holien

7 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Guys. Wake up. West, stucking on "tolerance, multiculturalism, diversity, inclusive, 100500 genders, LGBT, BLM, coala saving and carbon trail" lost sense of reality

You do realize that this is basically the same propaganda that Putin uses?

7 minutes ago, Haiduk said:
34 minutes ago, Holien said:

I don't believe anymore in "innocent people". Neither in Russia, nor in Gaza, nor in Iran. Sorry. 

And that is the seed of how war crimes happen.

2 minutes ago, Butschi said:

You do realize that this is basically the same propaganda that Putin uses?

Even wrong clock shows a right time twice for a day. As for me "western values" is that, what was in gold 70-90th. Not this sh...t, like a hate of J.Rowling because she dare to use a word "women" instead "menstruating persons". I don't want to live in such idiotic society

5 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Even wrong clock shows a right time twice for a day. As for me "western values" is that, what was in gold 70-90th. Not this sh...t, like a hate of J.Rowling because she dare to use a word "women" instead "menstruating persons". I don't want to live in such idiotic society

Do you really think people in Europe don't use the word "woman" anymore? Dunno what right-wing nonsense you are consuming, but I would stop, otherwise people might come to the conclusion that more aid to Ukraine is not necessary since they apparently already got bombed back into the stone age anyway.

Mark Hertling CNN talking about the potential for a well-coordinated attack stretching the stocks of ABMs to take out the missile attack, then followed by the drone attack soon after, making that effort more difficult. His concern is whether other bad actors like Hamas and the Hutis and Hezbollah (?) also launching attacks timed to add to and try to overwhelm Israeli air defenses. USA naval assets are likely to augment those air defenses.

Realizing that this may be off topic, I am thinking that the need to restock ALL combatant nations is ramping up the free world’s scarce resource of all the various missiles necessary for air defenses. Ukraine of course already facing a daily drain on its stocks. 

edit - would seem highly likely that a ton of  money could be made investing in the several companies that produce the various components of these missiles.

Edited by NamEndedAllen

Yeah, we gotta have cost-effective drone interceptors. Missile interception is gonna just be more expensive just by nature of the speeds and energies involved, unless we put a bunch of orbital nuke-powered platforms up, ie your jewish space lasers.

1 hour ago, Haiduk said:

Real life is very different from what you read in social media. Those things you mentioned do exist, but they are few and far between. It is blown out of proportion by the media. Take it with a grain of salt and don't fall for the propaganda. Live in general changes very little and very slow.

Lets not drag gender politics from twitter into this when so many more interesting things are happening.

I believe this will remain a missile/drone campaign to further reduce already low AD stocks in the west and divert attention, cause instability and uncertainty. 

Lets see how much AD the US suddenly has available if Israel asks for it.

A good interview with a UAF Bradley commander. I don't think it was posted here, or I couldn't locate it.

Here he describes what makes a good crew function, somewhat CM related of veteran versus green crews:

Edited by OldSarge

20 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

Merrimack was a U.S. Navy ship that was burned by the Confederacy at the start of the war

Not to nitpick, but the Union burned the Merrimack to keep it from falling into the hands of the confederacy.