How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

1 minute ago, kraze said:

Or maybe putin bet everything on not trying to lose this war, after all OMON was moved to Ukraine as well - which in turn simply left the gates wide open for Prig.

I bet putin trusted his personal cook so much - he would not think his bff will ever backstab him.

But this is Russia.

I'm basing the idea that OMON are present in Russia on reports of their presence in posts in this thread. They seem like the only internal security forces which might have the demo expertise and equipment to drop bridge spans. If they aren't there, then I'll agree, there's nothing much likely to be able to stand the armoured column of Musicians off. There won't be any ATGMs in the backfield if there aren't any on the front line, after all, and the armour and artillery is all in UKR too. They would have had to be fetched back once engineering works stymied the advance.

2 minutes ago, womble said:

I'm basing the idea that OMON are present in Russia on reports of their presence in posts in this thread. They seem like the only internal security forces which might have the demo expertise and equipment to drop bridge spans. If they aren't there, then I'll agree, there's nothing much likely to be able to stand the armoured column of Musicians off. There won't be any ATGMs in the backfield if there aren't any on the front line, after all, and the armour and artillery is all in UKR too. They would have had to be fetched back once engineering works stymied the advance.

And Wagner is sitting on top of all of their main logistics hubs, so good luck getting them the fuel, ammo and transportation they'd need.

36 minutes ago, sburke said:

Putin: "I don't need ammo, I need a ride"

🤣

When I woke up today to the news I first double checked if it wasn't 1 April, after which I had a good laugh. However this ends, it will be favorable to Ukraine at the frontline. 

'Russian' or in some cases 'previously Russian' forces advancing to the rear might leave some of the in depth defenses  and obstacle / mine fields in such a way Ukraine can breach through them relatively safe / leisurely and allowing them to create a sturdy bridgehead for exploitation behind the front. 

Interesting to see how Kadyrov will roll as well; how long will he standby Putin and what does that mean for his position at home. One can hope he makes a mistake and is himself ousted in another coup. 

BBC:

Prigozhin and Belarus president agreed to 'de-escalate situation'

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has held talks with Wagner mercenary group head Yevgeny Prigozhin during which Prigozhin agreed to stop his troops and "de-escalate the situation", Rossiya 24 news channel said.

"Prigozhin accepted Lukashenko's proposal to stop the movement of Wagner in Russian territory and on further steps to de-escalate tension," Rossiya 24 said, quoting Lukashenko's press service.

It also said it was proving "possible to find an acceptable variant of de-escalating [the situation] with security guarantees for Wagner PMC's fighters".

Rossiya 24 said the conversation had been agreed with Putin.

Yes, I am late.

20:01

https://t.me/olen_nn/6939

Rumors: All Voronezh food shops are closed as no food coming due to closure of M4 highway.

20:06

https://t.me/DnevnikDesantnika/1391

RU claim AFU gained foothold at Antronovsk bridge

20:10

https://t.me/rybar/48969

Rybar quoting press service pf Belarusian President

In agreement with the President of Russia, [Luka] held talks with the head of the Wagner PMCs, Yevgeny Prigozhin.

The negotiations lasted throughout the day. As a result, they came to an agreement on the inadmissibility of unleashing a bloody massacre on the territory of Russia. Yevgeny Prigozhin accepted the proposal of the President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko to stop the movement of armed persons of the Wagner company on the territory of Russia and further steps to de-escalate tension.

https://t.me/rybar/48971

Rybar

Most likely, the main goal — the resignation of the leadership of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation — was achieved.

In exchange for this, Prigozhin will probably either disband the PMCs, or transfer them to the units of the Russian Defense Ministry, resigning as [Wagnerite] head.

Considering that in the last week the PMC have been actively looking for foreign translators of Arabic and French, the option of returning part of the PMCs to Africa and the Middle East is quite realistic.

https://t.me/rybar/48972

Evgeny Prigozhin has published an official audio message. He said that the columns stopped 200 kilometers from Moscow. According to him, "the moment has come when blood can be shed."

Realizing the full responsibility of the moment when "blood can be shed", PMCs tuern round columns and return to field camps according to the plan.

Not a word about the result of the agreements with Lukashenka. About the concessions that should follow — too.

Once again: everything is according to plan.

The fairy tale is over.

RU Nats are totaly confused

20:25

https://t.me/concordgroup_official/1303

Prig - They wanted to disband Wagnerites and we went to march to Moscow. We came as close as 200 km from Moscow. We did not shed any blood of our troops. Now blood can be shed. I fully understand that EU blood can be shed, we turn columns around and returning back to our camps

Looks like this is the end