How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

7 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

One of the guys who evacuated claimed 2x KIA and 6x WIA for the entire engagement.  The Bradleys clearly keep its passengers very safe compared to Sovet/Russian IFVs.

Steve

UKR has more gear promised, so it can probably replace losses except for the mine clearing vehicles.  Interesting how obsessed everyone has been w this.  What matters is the bigger picture:  what are RU reserves doing?  How much engaged, how much left?  UKR making it clear that thinning the line anywhere is dangerous. 

There's also lots of worry about defensive lines.  But we don't know what's actually in those trenches.  I suspect they are mostly well defended, but we won't know until UKR gets there.  It's a very, very long line and only has to fail in a couple areas for the whole thing to be unhinged.

29 minutes ago, Beleg85 said:

I highly recommend looking at this Wolski's reconstruction of events, regardless of various quirks of his reporting here he made a very good job comparing data and geolocating. They seem to find traces of 2nd and 3rd column, too. Hard battles were there, undoubtedly.

I found it too and thought it was well analyzed / prepared. 

42 minutes ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

"I reconstructed and geolocated the route and losses of one of the two columns of the 47th mechanized brigade. Of course, I also used the work of other OSINT people, but many of the given locations were inaccurate and the place of the destruction of M2 and L2A6 was wrong. Freeze frames from movies added to the orientation of what was where.

This column had a difficult fate: it was surrounded by drone-corrected artillery 3x, it defeated 2 groups of mines, and finally, while overcoming the second one, it fell under the fire of Ka-52's Wihr ATGMs and ATGMs as well as artillery. Really KUDOS to the soldiers of this battalion because they went through hell that day.

P.S. location and slides from the second (west) column will be uploaded later. This is the one whose end was supposedly photoshopped."

image.thumb.png.8e68b5b09b4b51749f6a9c2e65a0f313.png

image.thumb.png.5fe25ed4e3af057dba2a154f2493e195.png

image.thumb.png.3b9fbdf6ea4ddad641d910283dcdc777.png

Going 7 kilometers under drone-corrected artillery through two minefields and then getting waked by Ka-52s

source: https://twitter.com/wolski_jaros/status/1668251143552606214

Just wondering why the right column take a zig-zag route, and turning in front of enemy line. 

Any possible explanation on this? 

My Guess: Using the treeline as the concealment, and later, after suffering casualty, trying to turn to center and regroup/combine with the friendly force there? 

5 minutes ago, Chibot Mk IX said:

Just wondering why the right column take a zig-zag route, and turning in front of enemy line. 

Any possible explanation on this? 

My Guess: Using the treeline as the concealment, and later, after suffering casualty, trying to turn to center and regroup/combine with the friendly force there? 

I guess only the driver will know why.

Maybe he was trying to dodge arty fire or had consumed a bit too much of 'spirit enhancing' vodka to suppress nerves ;-).

During fighting for Neskuchne village six soldiers of 7th battalion "Arey" of Ukrainian Volunteer Army (in composition of 129th TD brigade) have fallen

Three were killed on 7th of June, two on 8th and one on 10th

image.png.10378842677e428d63fb2c64c7027b63.png

Edited by Haiduk

13 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

I guess only the driver will know why.

Maybe he was trying to dodge arty fire or had consumed a bit too much of 'spirit enhancing' vodka to suppress nerves ;-).

Early on in the war, I read that Ukraine had banned drinking alcohol and their soldiers were actively smashing any bottles they found, to prevent their troops starting to bolster their morale a bit too much. Not sure if the ban is still in effect.

Public Radio Journalist Busted Adding Secret Pro-Putin Propaganda to Stories (yahoo.com)

The head of New Zealand’s public radio station apologized on Monday after it was found that a journalist had been inserting “pro-Kremlin garbage” into news stories about Russia and Ukraine which were published on the broadcaster’s website.

Paul Thompson, the chief executive of the publicly-funded Radio New Zealand (RNZ), said around 250 stories had already been forensically checked for Russian propaganda since they became aware of the issue on Friday and that 16 had been found that required corrections and editor’s notes. The digital reporter allegedly responsible for the embarrassing incident has been placed on leave, and Thompson said thousands more articles would need to be reviewed for problems.

34 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Early on in the war, I read that Ukraine had banned drinking alcohol and their soldiers were actively smashing any bottles they found, to prevent their troops starting to bolster their morale a bit too much. Not sure if the ban is still in effect.

They should launch bottles with parachutes into the RU lines.

Russians claimed today counter-attack of 127th MRD. Our General Staff confirmed "counter-attacking attempt on recently liberated Blahodatne, which was repeleld"

On this video captured Russian soldier form Magadan, 21 y.o., private, 114th MRR of 127th MRD. He says they arrived to this sector in November, three months they sat in deep rear on third line and only after this time his 2nd battalion was involving to rotations on first line.

Edited by Haiduk

Receded water showed the row of ant-landing mines near Enerhodar. This is PDM-1M. They set on distance not less 6 meters one after one in order explosion of one mine doesn't detonate neigbour. Each mine has 10 kg og TNT, so this is dangerous mine even for large boat, not only for RHIBs

Platoon of 2nd assault battalion of 3rd assault brigade is mopping-up enemy positions near Bakhmut. The grenade has blown up in front of cameraman, he got light wound, but continued the battle. At the end of video several corpses of Russians and Mosin rifle standing in the trench

Edited by Haiduk

28 minutes ago, DesertFox said:

In evening statement of MoD press-secreter Hanna Maliar were listed next settlements, libetrated for a week: Lobkove, Levadne, Novodarivka, Neskuchne, Storozhove, Makarivka, Blahodatne. 

On this map we have Levadne (extreme left in blue zone), but Novodonetske (extreme right) according officaial version is doubtful. For Staromayorske and Urozhayne more likely fight is continuing.

Bochkala often issued unchecked information. 

Edited by Haiduk

2 hours ago, kevinkin said:

Amazon has been experimenting with drone delivers. What a way to confuse the RA. Is it hostile or a bottle? 

I'm imagining a drone that drops a litre of vodka, followed by a grenade when Russian troops scramble out to get it.