How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

33 minutes ago, Sequoia said:

No one expects the Spanish Instalanza.

hehehehe, to be honest though im one that didnt expect it at all. I was extremely happy to see the headline we where sending these over. Simple, light and extremely easy to use.

Edited by Boche

BeondThe Grave,

Don't know whether or not you consciously did this but your: "The phrase 'shackled to a corpse' comes to mind" seemed superbly keyed to your Forum handle.

Haiduk,

Your video of Ukrainian artillery first stopping then forcing an outright retreat of the Russian tank column was unprecented for me, for this was the first time I can ever recall seeing an attack stopped and repelled. Most educational, and the Russians should be glad the Ukraininans didn't (in what saw, at any rate) put much fire on their column. Maybe what we saw were ranging shots? Had the Ukrainians managed a proper shoot when the column was pancaked on the near end some four tanks wide and ten or more deep, the entire road section would've consisted of demolished, burning, exploding tanks and pitiful remnants of fleeing crews. 

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

7 minutes ago, Markus86 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10598315/Ukraine-war-Putin-fires-eight-generals-rages-FSB-battlefield-failures.html

• Eight Russian generals sacked over Ukraine invasion failings, Kyiv said today 
  • Putin also said to be furious at secret services for misleading him over resistance

no way, it is all going to plan.  Lavrov says so.

23 minutes ago, Markus86 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10598315/Ukraine-war-Putin-fires-eight-generals-rages-FSB-battlefield-failures.html

• Putin also said to be furious at secret services for misleading him over resistance

Begs the question. Were the new generals picked on the basis of competence or loyalty to Putin. If solely on competence, how loyal will they be to Putin?

Edited by db_zero

6 minutes ago, db_zero said:

Begs the question. Were the new generals picked on the basis of competence or loyalty to Putin. If solely on competence, how loyal will they be to Putin?

you would need some generals showing competence in this wat to qualify for the first so my guess is that only leaves loyalty.

Nothing says confidence in your impending offensive like firing top generals just prior.

Be interesting if this is confirmed

Edited by sburke

27 minutes ago, Markus86 said:

Putin is also said to be infuriated with commanders of the FSB security service - which he used to run - for handing him intelligence suggesting that Ukraine was weak, riddled with neo-Nazi groups, and would give up easily if attacked.”

So that leaked FSB document was real. Incredible.

15 hours ago, Fenris said:

This is motion sickness inducing to watch but it does show a number of afv's being taken out.  Google reckons the caption says "Jewelry work of our artillery on enemy tanks in the area of n.p. Bearded woman. Glory to the Nation!"  Whatever that means.

That video was one of the most interesting coming up the last 24 hours. Those drones are the Piper Scout of the 2020's

1280px-Piper_Cub_G%C3%B3raszka_(cropped)

1 hour ago, Armorgunner said:

I Cry every time I see all these civilians being murdered, by Adolf Putin 😭. But at the same time, I am so proud of all Ukrainians. Who join in the defence of their communities, and Cities!!

It is humbling to see such determination, integrity and grit. The tales of folk in the occupied cities down south refusing to collect "food aid" from Russian-run "humanitarian convoys" in order to deny the Russian news propaganda networks their "good optics" was deeply affecting. The same tales relate that the Russians employed actors to get the shots anyway, but the resilience remains astounding.

3 hours ago, BeondTheGrave said:

Both tend to prefer satellites and clients over allies. Lots of reason to suggest that a strong Russia cannot coexist with a Chinese-Russian alliance long term. 

I think the terms are more like “Tributaries” and “Fiefdoms” than “Satellites” and “Clients.”

6 minutes ago, akd said:

Putin is also said to be infuriated with commanders of the FSB security service - which he used to run - for handing him intelligence suggesting that Ukraine was weak, riddled with neo-Nazi groups, and would give up easily if attacked.”

So that leaked FSB document was real. Incredible.

If this is all true, it begs the question as to what Putin does with it.  Let's assume he made his decisions based on a reality that was totally false but that he believed.  Now that it is blowing up in his face what does someone like him do in response?  A dangerous moment as now they are really going to be winging it in the midst of a huge crisis.