How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

Makariv, the town in 30 km westward from Kyiv outskirts still under UKR control. 14th mech.brigade holds positions and cuts off the enemy from Kyiv-Zhytomyr highway. Serviceman says that the enemy positions now in nearby Gavronshchyna village in 1,5 NE of Makariv on territory of golf-club.

Edited by Haiduk

2 minutes ago, Erwin said:

You sure it's a Mi24?  Looked at it with magnifier and it's not clear.  Could be a demo video??

The smoke billows don't look real to me. Perhaps CGI? And accidently filmed at the right moment from a drone?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-60631735

Union members standing up and closing the sanctions holes left by the Government. Again. Hopefully this kind of action will have further effect on the ability of the aggressor to fund their misadventure. Mind you, if it's already paid-for, this would be a "cutting off the nose to spite the face" moment. Do shipments like this get paid for up front?

Russian attempt to take Voznesensk airfield in the rear of Mykolaiv oblast with four helicopters and VDV or Spetsnaz landing ended with blood bath as expected. Reportedly all helicopters shot down, and three of them downed one MANPAD shooter from Marines. 

Here the first. Reportedly close serial numbers RF-130XX are corresponding to Mi-35M. But... Maybe CGI or Photoshop too :)

Зображення

Later, probably near the same place, another Russian jet was shot down. Captured pilot says he is from 43rd Maritime Assault Regiment of Black Sea Fleet, Novofedorivka airfield, occupied Crimea. Before 2016 the regiment had Su-24. Since that time Su-30SM appeared

Looks like Russians can't start landing operation in Odesa, brcause can't take Mykolaiv and Voznesensk airfield as well as road network in this oblasr to cutt off Odesa from the north 

Remains of Su-34 shot down today over Chernihiv oblast

FF0KI4W8?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Haiduk

@Haiduk

The attack technique and negligible height clearly indicate this. These are parameters not available to Stinger and Striel. Of course, there is no official confirmation, but the Polish military media unequivocally claim that it is Piorun.
As a Pole heavily involved in helping refugees I will say something else - all Polish hearts are now Ukrainian hearts! I work at a university in Zielona Góra in western Poland. A young professor from Kiev has been my boss for the last 4 years. And now the families of our friends from Kiev live in the student dormitories of my university.

Хай живе, живе вільна Україна!

15 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Here the first. Reportedly close serial numbers RF-130XX are corresponding to Mi-35M. But... Maybe CGI or Photoshop too

No, that looks real enough. But you have to admit that we have to be wary of any information that is coming through. Clearly Ukraine has already won the information warfare against Russia. And  social media is just another battleground.

10 minutes ago, Suchy said:

@Haiduk

The attack technique and negligible height clearly indicate this. These are parameters not available to Stinger and Striel. Of course, there is no official confirmation, but the Polish military media unequivocally claim that it is Piorun.
As a Pole heavily involved in helping refugees I will say something else - all Polish hearts are now Ukrainian hearts! I work at a university in Zielona Góra in western Poland. A young professor from Kiev has been my boss for the last 4 years. And now the families of our friends from Kiev live in the student dormitories of my university.

Хай живе, живе вільна Україна!

We have Igla and Igla-1 on armament, not old Strela 2/3, and they can hit aerial targets on minimal height in 10 m

Thanks for support! My familiar now in Krakow and tell my the same :)

Jesche Polska nie zginela ! (sorry, I havn't installed Polish keybord to write proper letters :) )

5 minutes ago, Sarjen said:

But you have to admit that we have to be wary of any information that is coming through.

Of course, And false video of our General Staff with Turkish TB2 strikes as if Ukrainian is the confirmation. I suppose, somebody ass got kicked and such stuff will be impossible in future.  

Edited by Haiduk

Another captured pilots. Looks like this is yesterday incident near Volnovakha, when 54th mech.brigade shot down Su-25SM3 and resque helicopter

Man in gorka uniform says he is captain from m/u 7539? (last digit can't hear), Millerovo airfield, resque service. The guy in blue pilot overalls is senior lietenant, 16th brigade of army aviation, Rostov-on-Don (this brigade has Mi-28N and Mi-8AMTSh)

Edited by Haiduk

What a day! Next Su-34 fell down! 58th motorized brigade's work! Probably Chernihiv or Sumy oblast

One of the crew is dead. The emblem belonged to the same 2nd Mixed Aviation regiment, which lost own Su-34 several hours ago.

На зображенні може бути: на відкритому повітрі

На зображенні може бути: на відкритому повітрі

На зображенні може бути: 1 особа, на відкритому повітрі та текст «SIMUL D AD V ICT ç»

Edited by Haiduk

On 2/27/2022 at 12:16 AM, Haiduk said:
2 hours ago, Haiduk said:

Two abandoned T-90A somewhere on southern direction

Зображення

Is it me or are two of the Kontakt 5  modules on the turret missing? Are tanks being sent in with empty ERA blocks ?

Edited by evilcommie

After so many years with asymmetrical conflicts, it's intresting to see just how vulnerable aircraft and tanks are to a determined enemy armed with modern weapons.

I've speculated before that the main battle tanks have already become obsolete, but that nobody had noticed yet because wars were against poorly armed insurgents.

It's of course also possible that the main lesson of this war will have more to do with lack of planning, logistics, and morale.