BATTLEFRONT GAME IS BIGGEST RIPOFF TRASH EVER

So I purchase this POS for $60 and open it and the text in the game selections (units, nationality, etc) is so small I cannot read it.  It looks like something I would have seen back in 1990.  I could be looking at DOS and it would be more legible.  Then I finally find the training scenario (same thing -- screen text is miniscule), I open it up and the scene opens onto a forest view, but the view is rotating and rotating.  Moving the cursor is fruitless, it has no impact on stopping the rotation.  The little compass up in the right corner is rotating and rotating.  I give up, if I wanted to go through the hassle of trying to get PayPal to refund my money I would definitely throw this one back.  Ugliest POS I  havebattlefrontPOS.docx ever seen.

2 hours ago, billbrock said:

So I purchase this POS for $60 and open it and the text in the game selections (units, nationality, etc) is so small I cannot read it.  It looks like something I would have seen back in 1990.  I could be looking at DOS and it would be more legible.  Then I finally find the training scenario (same thing -- screen text is miniscule), I open it up and the scene opens onto a forest view, but the view is rotating and rotating.  Moving the cursor is fruitless, it has no impact on stopping the rotation.  The little compass up in the right corner is rotating and rotating.  I give up, if I wanted to go through the hassle of trying to get PayPal to refund my money I would definitely throw this one back.  Ugliest POS I  havebattlefrontPOS.docx ever seen.

Yeah as @jtsjc1 said if you had viewed others playing the game before jumping the gun and buying it, you would have seen that your problem is particular to you. Which you could have then fixed without making a post like this.

For the rotating, set your hotkeys in the hotkey file in the game's folder in Documents. This is my hotkey list

// You can edit this file to modify various in-game functions and hot-key based commands. Use of special characters (shift, alt, control, numpad or function keys) is not permitted. The letter in <>'s (E,F or G) designates the language (English, French or German).

Command Keys Direct
//FAST
<E>,
//QUICK
<E>M
//MOVE
<E>N
//SLOW
<E>B
//HUNT
<E>L
//ASSAULT
<E>
//REVERSE
<E>G
//BLAST
<E>
//MARK MINES
<E>
//CLEAR MINES
<E>I
//HULL DOWN
<E>.
//TARGET
<E>T
//TARGET LIGHT
<E>Y
//TARGET ARC
<E>K
//CLEAR TARGET
<E>
//FACE
<E>R
//TARGET SMOKE
<E>
//TARGET ARMOR ARC
<E>
//TARGET BRIEFLY
<E>
//DEPLOY WEAPON
<E>/
//PAUSE
<E>P
//HIDE
<E>H
//DISMOUNT
<E>U
//BAIL OUT
<E>
//OPEN UP
<E>O
//POP SMOKE
<E>;
//ACQUIRE
<E>
//SPLIT TEAMS
<E>H
//ASSAULT TEAM
<E>
//ANTITANK TEAM
<E>
//SCOUT TEAM
<E>
//DRIVER TEAM
<E>
//CONSOLIDATE SQUAD
<E>J

-------------------------------

Camera Keys
//MOVE FORWARD
<E>W
//MOVE LEFT
<E>A
//MOVE RIGHT
<E>D
//MOVE BACK
<E>S
//ROTATE LEFT
<E>X
//ROTATE RIGHT
<E>C
//REVERSE DIRECTION
<E>
//RAISE
<E>Q
//LOWER
<E>Z
//ZOOM OUT
<E>-
//ZOOM IN
<E>+
//WIDE ANGLE
<E>'

-------------------------------

<E>C

//3D MODEL QUALITY (-)
<E>{
//3D MODEL QUALITY (+)
<E>}

Edited by Artkin

Then, make sure to play with the functions provided by the game. You can view these by clicking Menu -> Hotkeys when ingame. The Alt + [Letter] functions will open up a bunch of options for you to tinker with the game a bit. Including the camera looking to the right nonstop by pressing ctrl + E.

3 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

@BFCElvis Please evaluate to shut this thread down with your awesome super powers. Something seems fishy with he joined in 2008...

Yeah. As Artkin points out, he has been around since 2008 and this is his first post. It almost sounds from his description that it may be a video card issue. He should probably open a Help Desk ticket. 

6 hours ago, billbrock said:

You would have been further ahead to calmly ask for help. There are many friendly and helpful players here who would have responded. Do you really think Battlefront would still be in business if everyone who bought the game experienced the same difficulties as you have? Grow up, cultivate some patience and manners. Your life will be easier.

• 2 weeks later...

He does have a point about the size of the font, I think. 

The rotating view is usually caused by a controller. If you have any gamepads or joysticks connected try disconnecting them.

And, I think, the fact he joined in 2008 should be authenticating, not a reason to bash him. So he never made a post, so what? That date shows he's been interested in Combat Mission for a long time.

6 hours ago, Warts &#x27;n&#x27; all said:

He was obviously so angry about getting ripped off that it took 13 years for him to clam down and write about it.

Meanwhile I was so baffled by his conduct that I wrote "clam" instead of ""calm". Remember guys, don't live to be 400, it really ****s up your typing skills.

13 hours ago, Artkin said:

So you think this is the first time he's opened the game since 2008? Or just made an account here and never bought into the series? It doesn't add up.

Are those the only possibilities? The conclusions drawn in this thread are tenuous at best, in my view.

I joined twenty years ago and have made 427 posts. Can you guys sum up what I've been up to?

I boiled it down to 3 choices in an extreme hypothetical analogy!

1. you and him both strip down, we want all your clothing and anything in your pockets. climb over the stern together and tread water as we paddle away. sympathize and defend him until hypothermia sets in.

2. you 2 have bonded as you defended his behavior and put up a fuss and we have to use the oars to knock you both out. then we take the clothing and pocket items. then we dump you both over the stern. save some bait for fishing.

3. you come to your senses that his behavior is inappropriate, you help us to knock him out and assist in getting his clothing, pocket items, re-divide the rations and water based on 1 less mouth, save some bait for fishing, he goes over the stern, man the oars, head on course 270.

On 1/28/2022 at 9:23 AM, Warts &#x27;n&#x27; all said:

Meanwhile I was so baffled by his conduct that I wrote "clam" instead of ""calm". Remember guys, don't live to be 400, it really ****s up your typing skills.

You obviously then, really intended to tell him to clam up. 🙂  Seriously though, sound like just a troll. 13 years and just now posts? 

Dave

• 1 month later...