Secret/Missing CM projects?

I noticed a little something when I wanted to move Scenario files from one CM title to another.
As the initiated know, you have to substitute a certain hexcode, whereby the hexcode increases by 2 for each CM title, counted in the order of the releases, i.e.
00 CMSF (and CMSF2, maybe for compatibility reasons)
02 CMA
04 CMBN
06 CMFI
08 CMRT
0A CMBS
0C CMFB
0E ???? (could be CMSF2, see above)
10 ???? (secret project)
12 CMCW
Are they working on a secret project? Have I missed something?

44 minutes ago, IanL said:

No way! If they do space lizards before space lobsters I'm going to loose my ****. 😜

space lobsters were declared an endangered species so they went with lizards.  Steve's Maine predilection for lobster not withstanding.  

CMCW Alpha was so super-secret the Beta testers were kept in the dark til the eleventh hour (it was fun watching them find out). The non-commercial stuff went beyond that. The Beta team have never so much as caught a glimpse. So if any agents of Spectre (a Jame Bond reference) plan on kidnapping Beta testers to extract information from them you're going to be disappointed. :ph34r:

images.png

Edited by MikeyD

8 hours ago, MikeyD said:

CMCW Alpha was so super-secret the Beta testers were kept in the dark til the eleventh hour (it was fun watching them find out).

So @MikeyD what are the chances in your opinion of Battlefront releasing a Sci-Fi version of Combat Mission mission just for fun?  Whether it be space lobsters, lizard men or Mobile Infantry drop troopers?

Also if they got the wild hare to do something like that, would that take away from some Early War ToE additions?

I don’t know if there is enough of a market for a pure sci-if game.

What I would personally like to see would be a near-future game, say in the 2030-2050 time frame. It is close enough that you can make educated guesses on what technology and weapons could be available.

55 minutes ago, Sgt Joch said:

What I would personally like to see would be a near-future game, say in the 2030-2050 time frame.

I like that idea (after an early war release or DLC). You could still have early Bolos (Mk I Ogres) and maybe towards the end have Elon's 'Starship Troopers'. DLC could be alien Lobsters and Lizards 😄

On 7/6/2021 at 11:57 AM, The_Capt said:

Combat Mission: 1812...mind blown...

The Battle of Longwoods was fought 10 minutes from my place and I have walked the battlefield numerous times. I also have an AAR with an OOB, so consider this a scenario in the tank for when you and Bil convince Steve to make this one.

I also had a chance to walk the Battle of Chateauguay and Chrysler’s Farm battlefields, both in 1813, many times over the years. Both are national historic sites.

During the 200th anniversary, I had many discussions with Yankees about the war. I was interesting to see how both sides have a totally different interpretation. Canadians view it as a heroic struggle where an outnumbered mix of British/Canadian troops stopped the invasion of Canada by numerically superior U.S. forces. Americans view it as an heroic struggle where U.S. troops held off the invasion of the USA by British troops.

I blame this...

Edited by Sgt Joch

1 hour ago, Sgt Joch said:

During the 200th anniversary, I had many discussions with Yankees about the war. I was interesting to see how both sides have a totally different interpretation. Canadians view it as a heroic struggle where an outnumbered mix of British/Canadian troops stopped the invasion of Canada by numerically superior U.S. forces. Americans view it as an heroic struggle where U.S. troops held off the invasion of the USA by British troops.

Lol.  If you want to have fun at a US Army mess just bring this one up; the history of "Op Canadian Freedom" went pretty much as expected.  I really recommend that if anyone is interested they read the books by Donald Graves (https://books.google.ca/books/about/Field_of_Glory.html?id=MbucQgAACAAJ&redir_esc=y) He is probably the only real historian that I have seen give a full treatment of the Canadian Campaign during the War of 1812.  In Canada itself it is largely forgotten (the actual battlefield for Chryslers Farm is underwater but they do have a nice museum up there and Lundy's Lane has a strip mall overtop of it) even thought they were pivotal battles in the creation of the nation.  

Of course the US only remembers New Orleans...the normally do not mention the whole White House burning affair....as they actually won that battle.  BTW the war was actually over when New Orleans happened, the memo just hadn't made it to the them that were in it.  As to the actual "score" of the war, well it is complicated.  The US failed dramatically along the north shore of the Lakes, they made zero of their strategic aims on that front to the point that the strategic offensive basically collapsed under its own weight.  England, really did not have any aims as the whole thing was a side action to the main event in Europe but when they finally got it together they did do some damage but really did not want to do a 1776 redux...not worth it, so their half-hearted offensives really didn't go anywhere and New Orleans basically sealed it.  So how do you call a war where both sides basically lose interest?

Regardless, this war was why both the US and Canada had invasion and defence plans until the freakin 40s. 

On 7/8/2021 at 11:20 AM, The_Capt said:

England, really did not have any aims as the whole thing was a side action to the main event in Europe but when they finally got it together they did do some damage but really did not want to do a 1776 redux...not worth it, so their half-hearted offensives really didn't go anywhere and New Orleans basically sealed it.  So how do you call a war where both sides basically lose interest?

LOL I like that line about is it a war if both sides lose interest.

On 7/8/2021 at 11:20 AM, The_Capt said:

Regardless, this war was why both the US and Canada had invasion and defence plans until the freakin 40s. 

And part of that includes the creation of the Rideau Canal which runs by where I live and goes all the way to Kingston. You might hear about Ottawa having the largest skating rink (used by be longest too but Winnipeg beat us on that one a few years ago). Thanks to the War of 1812 we built the canal because the heart of Upper Canada (now known as Ontario) had to be supplied by the St Lawrence and the British were concerned that it was too hard to defend. They also built a fort at the end of it at Point Henry in Kingston. In 1832 construction started on Fort Henry and shortly after 6 Martello towers around Kingston. They were to protect the entrance to the canal and the navy dock yards where the Royal Military College and the Canadian Forces Staff College had / have buildings now. When my dad went to staff college he was in Kingston but I know a guys that did his staff training in Toronto so I'm unsure if the moved it or just have more that one place where classes get conducted - too lazy to google it.

Also, my daughter now works at Fort Henry as an interpreter.

So thanks my US friends! You guys inspired a lot of things that effected my life in a good way. :)