Secret/Missing CM projects?

34 minutes ago, IanL said:

LOL I like that line about is it a war if both sides lose interest.

And part of that includes the creation of the Rideau Canal which runs by where I live and goes all the way to Kingston. You might hear about Ottawa having the largest skating rink (used by be longest too but Winnipeg beat us on that one a few years ago). Thanks to the War of 1812 we built the canal because the heart of Upper Canada (now known as Ontario) had to be supplied by the St Lawrence and the British were concerned that it was too hard to defend. They also built a fort at the end of it at Point Henry in Kingston. In 1832 construction started on Fort Henry and shortly after 6 Martello towers around Kingston. They were to protect the entrance to the canal and the navy dock yards where the Royal Military College and the Canadian Forces Staff College had / have buildings now. When my dad went to staff college he was in Kingston but I know a guys that did his staff training in Toronto so I'm unsure if the moved it or just have more that one place where classes get conducted - too lazy to google it.

Also, my daughter now works at Fort Henry as an interpreter.

So thanks my US friends! You guys inspired a lot of things that effected my life in a good way. :)

Ian, very cool.  So they kinda split the differences with the staff colleges.  The Canadian Army Staff college is still in Kingston on the old grounds.  The Canadian Forces College (the equivalent to a joint war college) is in TO.

4 hours ago, The_Capt said:

Ian, very cool.  So they kinda split the differences with the staff colleges.  The Canadian Army Staff college is still in Kingston on the old grounds.  The Canadian Forces College (the equivalent to a joint war college) is in TO.

Yeah, those Ottawa skate commuters really book along!

... And Ontario had even bigger plans, back in the day!

GeorgianBayShiphistoricmapJPEG.jpg

Linky

On 7/8/2021 at 8:14 PM, Scipio said:

My bet: CMAK (Afrika Korps)

Wait, it will not be named CMAK, but CM: Operation Torch. I doubt that BFC will make an initial release without major US forces.

On 7/9/2021 at 9:10 PM, LongLeftFlank said:

Yeah, those Ottawa skate commuters really book along!

I actually was able to skate to high school - it was pretty cool.

On 7/9/2021 at 9:10 PM, LongLeftFlank said:

... And Ontario had even bigger plans, back in the day!

Oh yeah what was built was very scaled back from the original plans.