Fire and Rubble. First impressions.

Love the new buildings, especially the churches. 

Volkssturm looks good. Didn't expect that.

New vehicles are amazing, all of them.

Winter conditions look superb.

Gorgeous maps, scenarios and campaigns, well done, guys!

Huge compliment to the Fire and Rubble team. Looks very polished.

Edited by Aragorn2002

26 minutes ago, Andrew H. said:

I love the fedoras on some of the Volkssturm members. They look so dapper.

They do. I feel sorry for them when I see their old rifles. And yeah, not even a helmet to protect their head. Imagine the Verdun or Tannenberg veterans among them, who knew what lay in store for them.

Edited by Aragorn2002

First impressions, after a few days...

There's a lot in this game and it'll take a long time to explore it.

It's fun to be able to play as the Soviets again, after playing Commonwealth for so long - I'm going to need to relearn a less cautious playing style. It's nice also, to be able to play in Autumn and Winter - a change of season totally transforms the game.

I love QBs and I enjoy making my own QB maps - the QB maps that come with the game seem pretty good, and the Master Maps are fabulous; I've begun taking slices of them to play around with and I'm having fun. The Berlin maps look terrifying, and I look forward to some intense urban fighting; the artwork is lovely, with some gorgeous buildings.

Good to see the SS in the game - they make the most ferocious opponents; some of the other late-war German units will make interesting opposition. The adhoc Panzer units are great in QBs - you can select enemy forces without knowing what armour you will come up against.

Much of the Soviet ToE looks familiar, but the Lend Lease vehicles, SU100s and such add some nice variety. I haven't checked against the base game, but I feel like there are more formations to choose from now.

The main impression is the sheer depth of the module - it'll be months before I'll feel like I've really explored it. Whatever aspect of the game you like best, there seems to be an abundance to choose from.

20 minutes ago, Freyberg said:

There's a lot in this game and it'll take a long time to explore it.

I have not touched RT for years I had version 3. Decided to wait to update till Fire and Rubble came out. I start from scratch and play the older more familiar games too. See how much it differs from Engine 3. 

On 4/24/2021 at 12:50 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

Love the new buildings, especially the churches. 

Volkssturm looks good. Didn't expect that.

New vehicles are amazing, all of them.

Winter conditions look superb.

Gorgeous maps, scenarios and campaigns, well done, guys!

Huge compliment to the Fire and Rubble team. Looks very polished.

and people say your negative?

Love F&R:

• Lend lease tanks - these are great for Berlin and Bagration battles.
  • Lots of Campaigns - Have only started one but it looks so good and plays well.
  • Buildings - New buildings good and the destruction looks great.
  • Weather - So good to have snow and the vehicles change camo to suit.

Sad we didn't get:

• T-34 mine rollers
  • Ford GPA

16 hours ago, Freyberg said:

The main impression is the sheer depth of the module - it'll be months before I'll feel like I've really explored it. Whatever aspect of the game you like best, there seems to be an abundance to choose from.

That. As much as I like CMRT, it was never more than a time limited base game. Now we have it all. 

2 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

I call BS! Where is Barbarossa to and or Kursk!? (with out modding the f'n thing).
"Have it all", ha.

😁

For the time period of CMRT we have it all. I'm sure the rest will also come sooner or later. BF won't let us down.

On 5/7/2021 at 12:02 AM, Blazing 88's said:

I call BS! Where is Barbarossa to and or Kursk!? (with out modding the f'n thing).
"Have it all", ha.

😁

I'd gladly take Fall Blau and one of those (Or a 1945-49) modules) 

Edited by Artkin

On 4/24/2021 at 5:31 PM, Andrew H. said:

I love the fedoras on some of the Volkssturm members. They look so dapper.

lol 😁 These were the first I replaced with some the more military looking caps. Despite one sees these in various propaganda and training footage, I doubt these were worn in combat ever. Nice touch... but NO! No fedoras please. 

On 5/7/2021 at 11:43 AM, Bulletpoint said:

Recently Steve said that they are not going to do the early war, so I doubt it.

in the meantime I see GT Mius slowly approaching 1941 battles. Takes a couple their DLC and inventory is yet incomplete, but nice to play some 1941/42 engagements now. 😎

22 hours ago, LukeFF said:

716a6893b35186c3548cc921208e35a7.jpg

I see 2 civilians beeing interrogated by some US MP and they could be just that. I know hundreds of photos depicting Volkssturm, but I´ve to see something frontline or even near combat area yet. Anyway, that wasn´t my main point. I dislike them and ´ve seen them bits too often. I know they´re bound to some uniform options.  "Civilian" IIRC. Already solved my personal issue by replacing them with a different MDR file.