New Shock force 2 patch

BFCElvis

• 1 month later...

On CMSF2 patch installation:

Double-check your installation folder as you run it. If you're not careful, CMSF2 patches try to create an extra game folder inside the main game folder (so that you wind up with "C:\[wherever]\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force 2\Combat Mission Shock Force 2" and the game will not find the new data there.

The other games' patches don't do this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Huhu @BFCElvis!

As I understand it, a patch for CMSF2 will be coming soon (at some point).
Will the patch only implement this new multiplayer function or will it also correct well-known anomalies (I personally would now quickly think of, for example, the graphically incorrect display of the Syrian NVGs or the Syrian paratroopers' ammunition supplies being too low)?

If I had to guess, the initial focus was on ensuring maximum compatability with CM:SF1 (which had all these bugs & a few bigger ones too) and ensuring CM:SF2 was broadly functioning as intended.....Which they achieved admirably IMHO.

Hopefully it's now time to polish off the rough edges and bring the game a bit closer to the newer titles.