Lucky Strike's Mods: Hedgerow Hell

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Very picturesque!  :D

Breaking up the linear shape of the hedges would seem to be the key to using them as 'thickets', some of the examples you've shown earlier look very promising.

Thanks Sgt.

What I hope will really transform the hedges is a mod of the base 3D models. I don’t think hedges are used that much so maybe a mod of one or two of the pieces will be enough to allow us to have proper thickets in woods and forests, without messing up existing maps. Otherwise a tagged mod would work for most situations.

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

If you ever do figure that out, please let @MOS:96B2P know how you did it.....He has police cars!  :D

Hah. I think this one may be a job for the boys at @Battlefront.com @BFCElvis HQ to work out - come on guys you’ve got a couple of months still ... 🙏 Include it with Ire & Rubble - would surely boost sales!

Edited by Lucky_Strike

26 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Otherwise a tagged mod would work for most situations.

Always the way forward IMHO.....@37mm has completely sold me on the utility of mods when used this way.

The sheer amount of 'stuff' that we can have in H&E is amazing, all at no effort to the player (if the designers use the tags correctly), as all the textures (& models) are already in the pack.

2 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Thanks Sgt.

What I hope will really transform the hedges is a mod of the base 3D models. I don’t think hedges are used that much so maybe a mod of one or two of the pieces will be enough to allow us to have proper thickets in woods and forests, without messing up existing maps. Otherwise a tagged mod would work for most situations.

Hedge I think gets used most for manicured gardens / parks in country houses and urban settings, so might keep that in mind if you are wanting a drop in conversion.

10 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Always the way forward IMHO.....@37mm has completely sold me on the utility of mods when used this way.

8 hours ago, akd said:

Hedge I think gets used most for manicured gardens / parks in country houses and urban settings, so might keep that in mind if you are wanting a drop in conversion.

This and what Sgt.Squarehead says do point towards tags being the way forward. Also I doubt that many scenario designers would want to revisit old maps just to add a thicket or two. Let’s just make it easier for the player as Sgt. points out.

8 hours ago, Erwin said:

Be sure to let have your nVidia settings when you post the mod.  Looks very realistic.

Nothing special in my settings Erwin. I think the screenshots that you like are the ones that are taken with ReShade running. I know ReShade is not everyone’s cup of tea but I will be posting a few preset ini files for it when the mod is finally released. There are a few ReShade settings that I apply specifically for screenshots, which are a bit excessive for play as they impact a bit heavily on refresh rates. However the colouring and some light effects are fine for play at ground level, though a bit pointless from the god’s eye view.

I think my nVidia settings are pretty standard, if anything I dial them back a bit as I want the card to do much of the work through ReShade, and mostly I don’t really understand what many of the settings are doing 🤔 Whereas with ReShade I get instant gratification, or not!

Oh man oh man !!
I lovhate peoples like you Mord 37mm,and cie... never completely satisfy to theirs mega headache work, insecure to the result, and always ready to starting again and again until... so beautiful and so real that,...the wind and the rain themselves stop, and hesitate a moment,...between, your pictures, and the reality!!

9 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

Oh man oh man !!
I lovhate peoples like you Mord 37mm,and cie... never completely satisfy to theirs mega headache work, insecure to the result, and always ready to starting again and again until... so beautiful and so real that,...the wind and the rain themselves stop, and hesitate a moment,...between, your pictures, and the reality!!

Hah 😜 You know we only do it to tease!

Trust me, I want to get this finished so that I can concentrate on making the bocage look even better with work on those 3D models.

I know you will appreciate the extra few days (😉 months ) it has taken. Imagine, you’ll have Ash trees to shelter under, Hazel bushes to hide behind and more beautiful bocage textures than you can name ... now where did I put my reference for those Elder trees 🌳

Edited by Lucky_Strike

@Lucky_Strike  Whilst on another walk with the dogs, I came across a vision which reminded me of your doodads (ooh err missus). 

Flowers in a field, looking just like your work.  I was going to take a photo, but thought I might look a bit strange as the angle was actually towards someone's house over the hedge (not bocage). 

This game (and some nice modding) is definitely getting to me 😉.

5 hours ago, AlexUK said:

Yes! Also, birdsong in Normandy in June is very different to what is in the game. 

That’s A Mod to Far™️.

I have absolutely no idea where to start with sound mods, nearest I ever got was adding my own theme music to the old CMBO and BB games. I think you’ll have to try to persuade one of the talented sound artists to make a mod for dickie birds 🐦, or get @Falaise to go out with his portable reel-to-reel to make some recordings in his back garden😉

4 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

@Lucky_Strike  Whilst on another walk with the dogs, I came across a vision which reminded me of your doodads (ooh err missus). 

Flowers in a field, looking just like your work.  I was going to take a photo, but thought I might look a bit strange as the angle was actually towards someone's house over the hedge (not bocage). 

This game (and some nice modding) is definitely getting to me 😉.

Hah, Sgt. Howerd would be proud.

My doodads have been known to visit Somerset from time to time ...

Not to worry, I’ve been dreaming about mods lately, and I don’t mean the scooter riding type. I must get a real life ...

Edited by Lucky_Strike
Auto correct 🙄