Lucky Strike's Mods: Hedgerow Hell

16 hours ago, Falaise said:

we can mix the Rambler's hedge, that of Lucky and that of stock to obtain variations.
we can use various names with and without space which will more or less modify the randomness
ex: boccage; boccage2; boccage 2; boccage3; boccage 3 etc ....
200921115239798124.jpg

@Falaise I tried this in the past and it didn't work for me, so I just had another go and YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! GENIUS!!!

What I discovered, in a quick and colourful experiment, is that the numbering is somewhat odd, but we can indeed have a (probably unlimited) number of extra bocage textures which I don't think will impact on framerate, maybe it'll have an impact on load times. The numbering goes like this:

boccage.bmp; boccage2.bmp; boccage 2.bmp; boccage 3.bmp; boccage 4.bmp; boccage 5.bmp; boccage 6.bmp; ... 

I stopped at seven textures but as you can see it's possible that we can have loads of different textures - which means I can do a few more to add quite a bit of variety - possibly some thinner, some deadwood, heavy branches ... dammit more work, nevermind, it'll make this hedgerow nerd happier.

In the meantime here's a screenshot of some quick multiple bocage textures numbered as above ...

1QqeGju.jpg

And someone was so impressed he's using them as is:

qcE8Wsc.jpg

@Vacilllator not sure where Mr Wittmann could hide his Tiger here ...

2 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

boccage.bmp; boccage2.bmp; boccage 2.bmp; boccage 3.bmp

So one should not have a "boccage1.bmp" with textures as it won't show up?  Or does "boccage1.bmp" sabotage the rest so that nothing else other than "boccage.bmp" shows up?

Presumably "boccage 2.bmp" was an error(?)

4 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

@Vacilllator not sure where Mr Wittmann could hide his Tiger here ...

Ha, love it.

More seriously what you describe sounds very good to me, bring it on please 😉

By the way is anyone else getting corrupted icons on the forums today?

Edited by Vacilllator

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

So one should not have a "boccage1.bmp" with textures as it won't show up?  Or does "boccage1.bmp" sabotage the rest so that nothing else other than "boccage.bmp" shows up?

I really don't know, but I shall try a couple more. It might be boccage 1.bmp or boccage1.bmp. boccage 2.bmp and boccage2.bmp seem to both work, but boccage3.bmp doesn't, and so on ... also let's not mention boccage as opposed to bocage 🙄

6 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I log on humming "Tiger Rag" only to be confronted by Bazzer. Yuk! 

Just to cement this in your noggin - think Copacabana ...

Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl
With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there
She would merengue and do the cha-cha
And while she tried to be a star
Tony always tended bar
Across the crowded floor, they worked from 8 'til 4
They were young and they had each other
Who could ask for more?

[Chorus]
At the copa (CO!) Copacabana (Copacabana)
The hottest spot north of Havana (here)
At the copa (CO!) Copacabana
Music and passion were always the fashion ...

this would be a big improvement- the bocage would finally look almost as good as the rest of the foliage. it's a shame that the look of the hedgerows is so locked in, but falaise's idea  with your textures may have cracked it.   

thank you and all the other modders for your time.  you really make  cm so much more immersive and visual.

cheers,

rob

52 minutes ago, Falaise said:

I'm not sure that this masterpiece of French-speaking culture is known by our Anglo-Saxon friends

Yes Steph exactly perhaps a sentance like "french cancan for men" or gay hedgerow  will be more appropriated, but yes only somebody with "Heavy" french knowledges, can understand it,... well our culture have also to be discover...

Anyways... this was a joke that I couldn't let it pass !

3 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

this would be a big improvement- the bocage would finally look almost as good as the rest of the foliage. it's a shame that the look of the hedgerows is so locked in, but falaise's idea  with your textures may have cracked it.   

thank you and all the other modders for your time.  you really make  cm so much more immersive and visual.

cheers,

rob

As I said GENIUS!

Keep a look out for the next release Rob, should be out before Ire & Rubble.

2 hours ago, Falaise said:

I'm not sure that this masterpiece of French-speaking culture is known by our Anglo-Saxon friends

1 hour ago, 3j2m7 said:

Yes Steph exactly perhaps a sentance like "french cancan for men" or gay hedgerow  will be more appropriated, but yes only somebody with "Heavy" french knowledges, can understand it,... well our culture have also to be discover...

Anyways... this was a joke that I couldn't let it pass !

Being a bit of a Francophile your joke was perfect, thank you.

19 hours ago, Erwin said:

So, neither boccage1.bmp nor boccage 1.bmp appear, nor does boccage .bmp. Having them in your mod folder has no impact on the game nor what is displayed, ie all the other bocage textures show if for example boccage1.bmp is present. No idea why both boccage 2.bmp and boccage2.bmp work, something hardcoded for boccage2.bmp I guess. This all means I'm good to go on more bocage textures 🌳🌿🌳🌳🌿😎

On 9/23/2020 at 6:05 PM, Lucky_Strike said:

Oui. Quand j'ai <font style=créé"> mon mod pour la première fois, j'ai accidentellement corrigé l'orthographe  <font style=🙄"> Il m'a <font style=fallu des"> années avant de comprendre pourquoi mes mods ne fonctionneraient pas.

imagine

doodad brush 2;doodad brush 3;doodad brush 4;doodad brush 5; doodad brush 6; etc....

doodad brush2; 2 doodad brush2 3; doodad brush2 4; doodad brush2 5; doodad brush2 6; etc...

and to doodad grass doodad grass tall etc

we have to ask for this option at battlefront

Edited by Falaise

2 hours ago, Falaise said:

imagine

doodad brush 2;doodad brush 3;doodad brush 4;doodad brush 5; doodad brush 6; etc....

doodad brush2; 2 doodad brush2 3; doodad brush2 4; doodad brush2 5; doodad brush2 6; etc...

and to doodad grass doodad grass tall etc

we have to ask for this option at battlefront

Nooooooo!!! I’d never be finished with this thing ... So close now, crops are all done, marsh to make, the extra bocage and we’re done🙏