Here is What I Dont Understand about BF?

1 minute ago, Dynaman216 said:

The AI in the game is atrocious and there is no reasonable online or pbem possible with it.  Hot Seat is really the only option.

Thanks; I've just looked at it again and it still seems to lack a lot of things included in ASL which make it a much richer experience, and not much development since it launched.  And because the AI in most games kind of sucks, I usually play hotseat vs myself in all games (other than the few games I play MP), so don't see it being a big issue with ASL. 

Alice : " Wait !! Where is rezplode for mac user after eight years? Why I cannot play older titles on OSX and I paid the full price like PC users?

I won't buy PC! I want to use mac, I want to stand in line for new IPhone, I want ..."

Rabbit : " You took medicine today "

Alice : " No? "

Rabbit : " Just a little pinprick, There'll be no more aaahhhhhhhh.."

Love

Alice

On 9/13/2019 at 10:54 AM, 76mm said:

I've looked at going back to CMBB but can't really do it.  Sad...

I've done exactly this in search of a campaign fix. Have played (and re-played) through a number of operations in CMAK and CMBB now and really enjoying it. Sure, there are things I miss from CMx2, but on the other hand there are things I like from CMx1 that aren't in the later games. Graphics are more primitive too yes, but it runs beautifully in 1920x1080. Loads fast, plays well, no technical issues at all. Lots of content too. Got the GOG version and CMBB comes with about 8 ops and 150 battles. Plenty more on the inter-web of course.

I get it that some folks won't be tempted, but some might also be pleasantly surprised by how well these titles have aged :)

39 minutes ago, landser said:

...but it runs beautifully in 1920x1080

Can you tell me how you got it to run so well in 1920x1080?   I can get it to run, but either it runs in a square resolution which makes me feel like I'm looking at the game through a keyhole, or it is stretched horizontally enough to make it really irritating for me.  Have you figured out how to make it run "wider" without horizontal stretching?

Edited by 76mm

9 minutes ago, 76mm said:

Can you tell me how you got it to run so well in 1920x1080?   I can get it to run, but either it runs in a square resolution which makes me feel like I'm looking at the game through a keyhole, or it is stretched horizontally enough to make it really irritating for me.  Have you figured out how to make it run "wider" without horizontal stretching?

Well, nothing I did really, and not sure it will work with a 'legacy' version. As mentioned I got the GOG version since I built my new PC without the foresight to include an optical drive, rendering the fact I held on to my disks all the years useless. So I bought CMAK and CMBB on GOG ($12 total). These include a DX utility in the install directory. I installed the game, let it go to default res and ran the game once so it created whatever necessary files or folders it might need to. Exit game, ran the DX utility and chose 1920x1080, and I also set the setting right below,  aspect something or other, to disabled and fired it up to fullscreen widescreen. Works splendidly I must say, and I will also say that if not for that, if stuck with a non-native, non 16:9 ratio, that I would not find it quite as charming as I do :)

So if you don't have the GOG version I'm not sure if you're able to do the same.  If you go for the GOG version you'll have this included. ANd perhaps it can be imported in to other versions, but not sure of the legalities of this.

21 minutes ago, landser said:

So if you don't have the GOG version I'm not sure if you're able to do the same.  If you go for the GOG version you'll have this included. ANd perhaps it can be imported in to other versions, but not sure of the legalities of this.

Sounds like I need to drop the $6 bucks for the GoG version...will do that in the next few days, thanks.

1 hour ago, landser said:

Let me know how it goes if you wouldn't mind. I'd be interested if it works as you might expect.

I was so excited to hear about the better resolution with the GoG version that I just went ahead and bought it...it is much better than the legacy version, so thanks for the heads up!

Awesome 76mm. Is it running in the right resolution for you? Full screen? Not stretched?

Lots of old-school Combat Mission goodness right there.

My posts made me wonder if the GoG version is cool with Battlefront? I haven't been around much and I would temper (edit: or remove) my comments if perhaps there's any contention there.

Edited by landser

It is "full-screen", but still probably 25% of the screen on the left and right is black.  But much better than it was.  Is yours true full screen?  In the dx utility, I've set the display mode to "same as desktop" (which is 1920x1080).  There are a bunch of other settings that I don't understand, so I haven't messed with them...

The GoG version is totally legit and was announced here by BF. 

Edited by 76mm