Here is What I Dont Understand about BF?

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

Sure, I can see the value in it for those who would want to use it.  However, it is not a substitute for a campaign system.  Since a campaign system is a mandatory component of any CM game, that has to come first.  Any import/export system would have to be a second feature separate from the first.  And that means creating and maintaining two systems, which we are reluctant to do.  Combat Mission can not be everything to everybody all the time, which means there will always be features not developed even though some % of our audience would appreciate them.

Steve

If we keep nagging, maybe you'll change your mind ;)  I'm pretty sure I've seen that happen before...

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

Sure, I can see the value in it for those who would want to use it.  However, it is not a substitute for a campaign system.  Since a campaign system is a mandatory component of any CM game, that has to come first.  Any import/export system would have to be a second feature separate from the first.  And that means creating and maintaining two systems, which we are reluctant to do.  Combat Mission can not be everything to everybody all the time, which means there will always be features not developed even though some % of our audience would appreciate them.

Steve

Thanks for the response, I appreciate the consideration. I realize you guys have bigger fish to fry. Eagerly awaiting R2V patch :D

On 12/9/2019 at 4:42 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Tons of threads on this topic as well.  Especially back in 2007/2008 when CMSF was first released.  Few people played Operations and of those that did most complained, loudly, about its shortcomings (in particular frontline calculations).  This despite considerable effort at addressing the shortcomings.  We decided it was unproductive and counter to the interests of CM's customer base to try and fix the unfixable and not really improve customer use.

This is coming from the guy that designed Operations and thought they would be the best thing since sliced bread.  Sometimes we get things right, sometimes we get them wrong.  Good game developers know which is which and use that knowledge going forward.  We consider ourselves good game developers :)

Steve

hym intresting because me and my regular opponent had best time on there , playing big battles again each other .

• 3 weeks later...