Average CM addict, married, 25+ years old?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 years old, married, 3 kids. Ph.D. chemist, avid lifelong wargamer. CM is by far the best wargame, computer or board, I have ever seen. I have played the demo more hours than most full games I pay for.

------------------

Freedom is not a right. It is a privilege bought and paid for with the blood of patriots. Robert A. Heinlein in "Starship Troopers"

Australian Fitter and Turner, 33 years young.

Well Doc, I guess it all started with a regular dose of Combat on the tele,followed by all the WW2 movies available for viewing.All of this at an age still grasping the multiplication tables{oh!...Thats now.}Anyway this led to the biggest collection of plastic Airfix soldiers, both scales 1/32 and 1/72 you can imagine. A growing need to prove my metal took hold.At a distance of 10 metres opposing Commanders would place their men in formidable defences. These consisted of bricks , fibro, and wood.Upon conpletion, a barrage of rocks would reek havoc destroying and sending men to their doom.Drunk with fatigue, a cease-fire would be called.The commanders now inspected their troops,the side with the most men still standing on their bases won. To the victor, the fruits of war, you then collected the defeated army and left your enemy to explain his loss to unhappy parents. Well thats how we did it in Brisbane in the 70's.

Thanks to CM this practice is no longer required, and my antics have stopped embarrassing love ones. Finally a cure for the disease media infected me with all those years ago.Hahahaha......

My favorite Tank is the Tiger 1, most impressive is the Sturmtiger, and for an infantry blast ,the Pz II with a 20mm cannon.

This has been a very good topic,get to know the other Posters ..

Will be 37 in July , dated the same girl for 4 years through H.S. , married her ,been married 16 yrs this Oct ( Friday the 13th smile.gif

Three daughters , 11,8,5 ... all love the graphics of CM ... all three play with daddys' 1/48 scale miniatures ...

Lived on the family farm since I came home from the hospital at birth (family farm since 1873 )... took over operations this past Jan.

also run Burgess Battery , supplier of military & special purpose batteries since 1915

Abrams

As for me: I'm 31, married for almost two years now, no children. I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan, where I came in 1992 to start graduate school. Well, grad school turned out to be not all it's cracked up to be, and now I plan to go straight into teaching rather than finishing my dissertation. I do write, and I hope to publish something interesting soon.

I started playing D&D in fifth grade, and that led pretty naturally into wargames (same shops, you know). I've been avid about computer games ever since Dad and I brought home a TRS-80 in 1979. The distance that the games have come in only 20 years can still astound me. COMBAT MISSION is a dream come true in that department.

[This message has been edited by Martyr (edited 06-15-2000).]

Those seem to be some interesting statistics.

As far as I'm concerned: 34 years old, married, 1 kid. Wargaming since 1982 (first buy: Avalon Hill's "Blitzkrieg" -does anybody remember?). Computer wargaming since 1993 (first buy: SSG's "Carriers at war".)

I am a banker and I've served in Italian Army as a Leutenant in Carabinieri.

------------------

S.Ten.® Lunari

I am 15, have been with my girlfriend for nine months. I am an editor/director for a fairly successful video editing company my friend and I began. I play CM a lot while I am waiting for videos to render.

You all had me fooled, at first I thought everrybody was a teenager like me (most of you certainly act like you are). I guess CM just brings out the inner-child in you, eh?

• 3 months later...

Hi all

36 years so far and happily married (15 yrs last Aug),one 7yr old son (trainee Wargamer)

Constable in Royal Ulster Constabulary

Been Wargaming since I was about 12

Mostly Miniatures in various periods but mainly WWII (still active Miniatures player)

Piles of BoardWargames (PzBlitz was my first in 1976 followed closely by the amazing Squad Leader) now gathering dust !

Started PC Wargaming in late 1997 with Talonsofts Eastern Front(PzBlitz descendant) loved CC2 and WF but CM (SL descendant) is now my one true love smile.gif

Cheers

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

28, married almost 2 years, 6 month old son.Trying to get him to play CM, but he just drools on the keyboard.

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you could get him to drool on your opponent's keyboard, how many points would that be worth? smile.gif

34 Engaged, living with fiancee, no kids, house on the way, and I have come to love soap operas and ER..because soap time is CM time!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian Rock:

One of my old school buddies who is married with two girls is trying to get the oldest to play CM with him. He's had success with other wargames. If it works it would seem to be a good reason to stay married and have a family. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm that old (Brian, you b*stard) school buddie, just turned 42.

Happily married with a charming (but non grognard) wife and two girls (hi Sue, Michelle and Leanne).

I'm a physicist by education, but am currently employed as a Government Business Analyst.

Oh, and I've been wargaming since 1971 (miniatures, boardgames, computer - if it's a wargame, I'll play it)

Mace

First, it is obvious that Hiram Sedai is one meticulous guy with time on his hands. He dredged up this thread that "died" on 15Jun2000 and restarted it today, 27Sep2000! wink.gif

Lessee, 43, married to a very understanding wife, son and daughter, PhD chemist, work in the oil industry. House, two cars, 3 cats, 1 fish, 2 hamsters,1 frog, and 2 snails.

I love computers and computer gaming. I used to play mostly "twitch" first person shooters. Ran the full gamut of Doom/2, Heretic, Hexen, Quake, Quake2, Hexen2, Unreal, Half-Life, Unreal Tourney, and all the various mods along the way. The non-twitch games have been sims and a few "wargames": Age of Kings, Warcraft2, and Panzer General.

I like assembling my own computers and am a fervent overclocker. I have put together and babied along: P90 @ 100 mhz, mmx233 @ 262 mhz, three Cel300a @ 464 mhz, Cel366 @ 516 mhz, and my current machine Cel2-566 @ 922 mhz. I maintain a 3 system LAN at home. I am hopelessly addicted to computers and CMBO!

L8r,

Em

Guest Silesian-jaeger

32, male, engaged, glad to be here.

------------------

"In one (German) town, Private Honey stood next to an

elderly German man and a ten-year-old boy. As the Shermans and brand-new

Pershings rumbled by the boy said,'Deutsches Panzer lind besser.' Honey

looked down at him and asked,'If

German tanks are better,

why aren't they here?' "

quote from Stephen E. Ambrose, "Citizen Soldiers"

LOL - This reminds me of an old game at school - show and tell biggrin.gif

ok here goes:-

Age 35

Married to Vanessa (10 years now)- 1 child (Liam) aged 1 and is the apple of his dads eye smile.gif

8 years in Australian Army Reserve (1st Leftenant)

Spent last 10 years working for Aussie Gov't as Contract Manager (I have a Business Degree - paid for by my Army Reserve years).

Wife isn't into computers (Wonder why women don't like puters much in that respect - Ness just uses work stuff then logs off *shrug*)

Nuff about me

Craig