Average CM addict, married, 25+ years old?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 Years Old. Graduated from USMA with a BS in military history. Left Army in March after eight years as an armor officer. Live in Louisville, Kentucky now where I am a purchasing agent for a major appliance manufacturer. Married with a 12 wk old yellow lab. Both hate CM as it actively competes for my time.

Um, well...31 nearly 32, girlfriend/partner (who is expensive), cat (who is bloody expensive), and a horse (who is really really really expensive). A professional who wishes he had more time on his hands - mainly so he could play games...which is a bit sad!

Nik

I'll be 40 in January, wife 1 three year old and one due in December.

Gamer since way back. Dogfight, Richtofen's War, Luftwaffe, were the real early ones. Lead to PanzerBlitz, which lead to SPI & GDW games (I still have most of them). The pinicle was to be GDW's Europa series. I actually had all the maps together at one time. What a geek I was. It just kept going from there...

Wonder how much cash I laid out for all this...

CM is great, though I'd like to see what CC tried to do at the strategic level tied to CM's tactical combat.

Aloid

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phil the Dill:

No you aren't, I'm 15 love the game (introduced to me by my dad - who also loves the game) - The game however is causing quite a few family problems, My dad doesn't get to bed on time, and the problems even worse for me - I'm here at 1AM in the morning trying to keep up with my PBEM ers overseas smile.gif + trying to post on this stupid forum

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finnaly there are other teenagers that play CM besides me! smile.gif Im 15 and I thought I had absolutly no life if I was the only one under 25 playing this game! Good to see that I am not. cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stefan Fredriksson:

Oh, how much we wanted those guns! We had to build our own.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can still buy them on eBay if you want to pay the price of CM for one... sigh.

I was waiting for them to do a remake in 1999, you know, it seemed timely -- but nothing. Again, sigh.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aloid:

Gamer since way back. Dogfight, Richtofen's War, Luftwaffe, were the real early ones.

Aloid<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I remember Luftwaffe that was a great game. Loved those circular chits.

Also, I liked playing the game where you could see what would have happened if the Me262 had been introduced a couple of years earlier. Apparently it was ready for production, but the concept didn't fly (pun intended).

biggrin.gif

It just goes to show, one thing here and another there and everything can change. I am glad the Germans didn't put the Me262 into production earlier in the war, that would have been REALLY annoying.

wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Nikib:

girlfriend/partner (who is expensive), cat (who is bloody expensive), and a horse (who is really really really expensive)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To quote my country's Great Moral Authority, i.e. Bill Clinton:

"I feel your pain."

Horses are EXTREMELY painful! But at least I get to play more CM while she's out riding.

------------------

"Do not needlessly endanger your lives until I give you the signal"

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hehe, 38 years old, on third wife (this one plays computer games,guess I'll keep her)

2 girls, 2 dogs, 2 goldfish, 15,361 miniatures, 44 boardgames, 134 computer games

5 computers. cool.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>aha i figured it out. since im using the warez version of CM (i know im evil, but im a jobless 14 year old)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say he deviates a bit from the norm then.... smile.gif

I'm 31, married, no kids.

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason why, our's is but to do and die!

What the heck, I'll pitch in here. 41YOA, married, 2YO daughter. Did about 8 yrs. in the Army, flew 58's, Fulda Germany, (ah the good ol' days, big red Ivan menace wink.gif watching them watch us watch them) then home to Ft. Lewis. Didn't care for the stateside Army much. Got out, went into law enforcement. Got about every computer game in the book. If I could get my money back for them I'd be driving a Mercedes rather than a Ford. Could of saved all my money and harddrive space and dropped $50 bucks on CM and left the others on the shelf. Steve & Charles, where were you when I needed you? smile.gif Well better late than never!!