Average CM addict, married, 25+ years old?

Guest Virtual Ground Pounder

Age 49. Bought my first wargame in the 60's (AH D Day. Been hooked ever since.

Engineer. Happily married. Teenage daughter (daughter feels sorry for Dad because he has no life) 2 dogs. 1 Horse. 2 Newts. 2 Crabs.

Occasional Civil War Reenactor (Cav/Southern/married a yankee) but mostly Virtual Ground Pounder and Arm Chair General.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 years old here. Married with a five month

old little girl. Two dogs and two ferrets.

Started wargaming with CC2. Passing the time

until CM release by building my first tank model (M18 Hellcat).

Rob W

Pushing 45, married for the second time, 18 year old daughter just graduated from high school, living with three dogs, a cat, two ferrets and a wife who wouldn't touch a wargame but holds her own in anything Quake-like. First wargame - Panzerblitz. CM is breaking a long dry spell for me, can't wait for the full release.

Well, since I just registered with my board I should give my stats as well. biggrin.gif

I'm 35 and married (no kids yet) with a house in Montreal. Been a board wargamer since the late 70s (AH's Stalingrad being my first) although I've completely switched over to computer wargaming since the early 90s (no huge maps dominating the basement floor for months on end, no pets to curse for knocking over those lofty stacks of counters...God how I miss those days!! biggrin.gif). I've got a PhD in Biochemistry and am currently engaged in your typical mad scientist activities (and no, I don't genetically modify tomatoes... wink.gif ).

Oh, and EAGERLY awaiting my CM order to appear on my doorstep!!!

33, married with a 2 year old boy. I am blessed with a wife who understands my passion for computer gaming, and a son who shouts "bang bang" when he wants me to put CM on!

I work in the computer industry and hope to emigrate to the USA sooner rather than later.

38, divorced (thank god!), have lived here in Tulsa, Oklahoma for about 3 years(originally from the San Francisco bay area, and I miss it!) I'm an aircraft mechanic for the worlds best airline. I've been an avid wargamer since the mid 70's. I started out with Tactics II, and rapidly progressed through just about everything in the Avalon Hill catalogue. Then when computer wargaming appeared I jumped into it, and never looked back. I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to CM more than any game in memory.

------------------

Darryl

I'm a 23 year old art school drop out, currently wasting my life away pushing shoping carts at a truly awful grocery store.

The promise of CM arriving at my door someday soon is one of the only things keeping me going.

well, that and my super cool girlfriend of 2 1/2 years, our 2 cats, our fish, and our turtle.

P.S. the next time you shop at your local grocery store, take a moment to give thanks to the brave young men toiling out in the elements so that you may conviently grab a cart from the store.

thank you.

I'm 22, girlfriend of four years, no kids. Work at Dot Foods in the warehouse. I love war games but prefer realtime as opposed to turn based. I think this just might be the only turn-based game I like. Really looking forward to the CMMC, hope to see you all there.

aaron

I'm 41, divorced, no kids, probably been wargaming way too much for way too long. smile.gif

One of my old school buddies who is married with two girls is trying to get the oldest to play CM with him. He's had success with other wargames. If it works it would seem to be a good reason to stay married and have a family. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

23 YOA, married for one year and the only time my wife talks to me is when she hears the modem dial tone for Battlefront..."are you on that ******* internet again!!". " you may take my freedom, but you can't take my COMBAT MISSIONNNNN!!!!"

Guest ACTOR

31 YOA, 3 kids, a dog and a wife...for now biggrin.gif

Once the game gets to my house I may be unemployed and divorced, but I will be happy!

[This message has been edited by ACTOR (edited 06-14-2000).]

Guest Mirage2k

17 years old, no significant other, no pets, one younger brother, one more year of high school, thinking about majoring in government in college (probably specializing in foreign relations). Oh, and a lime-green iMac.

That is me.

-Andrew

Guest MantaRay

30, 10 year's in Special Forces in US ARMY. 2 years a reserve in SFPD, now living in LA, starting an online gaming magazine. A wifey(not really my wife yet, but likes it when I call her that)who hates my computer playing time, which is about 18 hours a day. No kids, but have a 13 and 10 year old "almost brother in laws." An avid FPS player who can just about beat the hell out of anyone in Rogue Spear/Urban Operations. Now currently addicted to Half-Life's mad, Counterstrike 6.5.

Wondering if the wifes present of CM to me is going to come as I found out yesterday that there was only $14.61 in account. Made mad rush to bank to deposit more funds, but I hope my card wasn't charged until today.

First and only boardgame(war) was Axis and Allies, and patiently waiting to see if CM comes this week to me.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Hello CM.

Thirty-nine, married, one son, three cats, and live in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada.

Got involved with miniatures wargaming when I was 14, American Civil War, Napoleonics, Ancients and I started the club into WWII armour. (Z&M Angriff I believe.) You think you have LOS problems? Try arguing LOS while bent over a five by nine foot gaming table with other teenagers who just don’t want to lose their last/best/favorite tank. Board games: Avalon Hill's Tobruk and Squad Leader (I was overwhelmed by ASL’s rulebook from hell).

Joined the Canadian Army Reserves in ’81 to learn about WWII (Every Army trains to fight its last War). On and off I spent thirteen years there; Infantrymen, Advanced Machine Gunner, Recce Crewman, Crew Commander, Patrol Commander and Armoured Assault Pioneer Section Commander (oh my aching knees).

About ’82 I discovered computers and that was pretty cool. A year later I discovered Chuck Yeager’s AirCombat and Harpoon, which was very cool!

Games still on my hard drive: Age of Rifles, X-Com (The Original), The Great Battles Collector's Edition, Decisive Battles of WWII: The Ardennes Offensive, Age of Empires II, Jane’s Fighter Anthology, Civilization II, European Air War, Panzer General II.

Biggest problem is finding time to play.

------------------

Double tap & getsome!

hmmm.

47, wife, 2 daughters (oldest one just gradoomucated from high school), chemist for the DoD.

24 year vet of Army...3 years in National Guard, then 8.5 years active duty, spent last 12 years in Army Reserves, retired from that gig last September as a LTC.

Rather checkered career...started out as infantry, then armor, ended up in FA.

games...board wargamer for years, like most kinds of PC games....wargames (SP, TAO), military sims (Longbow & Longbow2, M1 tank platoon leader2), fleet command, fighting steel. love mech games (mechwarrior and starsiege)....Allegiance...sheesh...not enough room to list them all! smile.gif

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 06-14-2000).]