Average CM addict, married, 25+ years old?

Guest OberGrupenStompinFeuhrer

G'day - age 40, married, one daughter, one stepdaughter, three grandkids, two dogs and a bunch of fish (koi). Lab PC/network technician and software test engineer. First post. Love the game and love the vibes on this board.

------------------

"They are coming on in the same old way."

"Yes, and we shall meet them in the same old way!"

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GriffinCheng

31 turning 32 next month. Looks 25 and acts like one. Single (will I get married) and no girlfriend for the moment. Work as a lowly web developer for a living.

Griffin @ work

Well Looks as though I come about as close to your average as I can be......25 year old Firefighter In The USAF, SSgt/E-5, Married with two boys. (Thank God) And between Close Combat and CM Demo it is any wonder any of em are still around hehehehe.

Schulz

27 years old here and married. My wife is very kind and actually tolerates my gaming addiction smile.gif Of course, that means I have to regularly compromise and go see the latest chick flick at the movies and even the occasional balet or classical music concert. Please don't tell her that I actually enjoy them sometimes wink.gif

I have a BA in History and just went back to school last year to get a BA in Fine Arts...i.e. drawing, painting, sculpture etc. My professors are starting to notice a definite trend in my art of focusing on political and social issues with an often militaristic theme. You know, it's funny how my fascination with these subjects gives me a strong anti-war sentiment while at some other level I have a real sense of admiration for the men on all sides who, often without a choice, fight in these conflicts. Well, that's a pretty deep subject and worthy of a thesis though.

Lastly, I have a big Bernese Mountain Dog, named Sherman, after the tank of course.

Pritzl

Hehe, its the topic that keeps on giving wink.gif

what was the average we determined? 37.something?

oh well... for the record.

I was 17 when I started in being interested in Combat mission...

Turned 18 the day the Gold demo released wink.gif

(my only birthday present wink.gif)

yeah I'm a youngen wink.gif I know my stuff though... I'll take any of you on smile.gif

no kids, not for a long time

many ladies... none I'm going to spend my life with though

I pray that I'll find her in college (University of Rochester, class of 2004)

-EridanMan

Guest Richlo

28. SWM. Likes movies, long walks, quiet evenings by the fireplace...

Er, sorry, wrong forum.

... Loves CM! smile.gif

28, married, no munchkins yet (though the old lady's "Biological clock is ticking...")Beancounter by day to pay the bills, Beerslinger by night to meet other ladies smile.gif (take that Peng...)

1st wargame I had was Kampfgruppe for my Commodore 64. That brings back some memories...

CrapGame out

31, married to a very understanding woman biggrin.gif, no kids (now and ever, it seems), 2 cats and 1 dog. Software developer by day, gaming freak (board, cards, rgp, computer, you name it) rest of the time! smile.gif

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason "why", our's is but to do and die!

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited 05-25-2000).]

33. Not married. Nice and very tolerant girlfriend (i mean she´s tolerant to my CM-playing).

Fighting the whole day, as a realtor, to survive (started 4 years ago .. germany is not the best market to do this job in these days), and fighting the whole night to win the war in CM.

I feel very well in this forum - nice people here.

Greetings

Jochen

38 (soon to join my 'older' wife in being 39), two boys: 5 and 3.5. Industrial/Product Designer by day, home remodeler, Fiat restorer, and occaissional game player by night. Long time wargamer that started with 1/32nd scale Britains (both lead and plastic) and transitioned to 1/72nd, all periods but with extreme emphasis on WW2 related recreations... Never enough time for all my hobbies...

27 , Married, no kids. Long time Lurker first time poster. I work for a very large company who I am sure is monitoring this post and I very well may lose my job. Gotta go someone is heading towards my cube...

36, Wow, where has the time gone? Single with option to buy. No kids, no pets, lots of rifles...

Former Sergeant of Marines and M60A1 RISE/Passive tank commander, B.A. in History, self employed network consultant. Beer brewing, flesh BBQing SCUBA diver extrordinaire when I can drag my sorry, aging carcass away from this damnible computer.

28 going on 15 wink.gif Not married (anymore) and my new girlfriend is "interested" in CM - or at least tolerant. She likes other wargames, so maybe I can get her hooked yet. Of course, then I'd have to get another computer and copy of the game frown.gif No kids - just a dog. Funny thing is that HE'S the one in the "family" getting tired of CM. I get home from work, and rather than take him for his walk as I used to do, I sit down and play a round of CM! Ohhhh he still gets his walk, but he has to pester me a while first. He even shut the computer off once by accidentally bumping the off button with his