Average CM addict, married, 25+ years old?

42. married. 1 cat.

Eridani, I hope we don't have to wait until you're 19 for the game. LOL

Gyrene251, you owe me a turn or a surrender. LOL still.

------------------

I'm drinkin' wine, I'm eatin' cheese and catching some rays, you know. — Oddball

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my dossier

39, divorced (I seem to be the only one in that status) redface.gif w/ 3 kids.

Ex Marine 6 yrs reserve mos 2531 Field radio operator equipment used prc-77 mrc-110 prc-47 ky-38.

Ex U.S. Army 6.7 years active mos 46n (Pershing) and 74f (programmer/anylyst)

with HQs USASOC , Ft Bragg

Wargames played GNB series, Silent hunter,

Steel Panthers, Third Reich, Aces of the Deep,Panzer Elite, Pzr Commander, Pzr General

Flight sims mastered Red Baron 2/3d, All Dynamix "Aces" series, European Air War, Falcon3.0 /4.0 / Janes F/A18, WW2 Fighters

35, single, between jobs.

Just recently left a job dealing with armour development. BTW, one of the most fun things you can legally do is driving a MBT on a frozen field. Having a 60+ ton tank in a controlled skid is REALLY impressive biggrin.gif.

One of the Golden Agers: 53 (but I look 52) year old psychologist, been gamin' since Avalon Hill came out with Gettysburg in 1963(?). My professional opinion is that most of us are really sick puppies, but with a lot of love and heavy medication, we can recover.... : )

Guest ChrisC1009

35 Married, no kids but have a pretty cool Miniature Schnauzer.

Active Duty US Army

Stationed at the Home of Armor (Fort Knox).

I get my tank fix each and every day smile.gif

Well, since I started this post, I guess I'd better give my stats..

38 years old, married for 17 years (wow, been that long?), two kids, a bunch of pets (anyone want a couple of cats? shhh, wife's coming smile.gif ). I am a Police Corporal (14 years) and served 3 years in the U.S. Army as an MP and K9 handler (didn't like Korea much).

Been playing computer games and wargames in general since I was in high school (damn, was I ever in high school?), including the oldies; Kampgruphen (Not sure of the spelling on that, hmm where is that box?), Computer Ambush, all of the old SSI and SSG games along with others on up to "modern" war games.

I'm 36. Married with a dughter age 9. Used to fish my guts out 'till I was sent here to Andrews AFB. Central Alaska spoiled me, and the fishing around here just doesn't do it for me. Now I mostly look forward to civilian life, go to school in anticipation of starting a new career upon military retirement, and anxiously await CM. My dream tactical level WWII wargame.

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

Guest Deadline

38 turning 39 soon, avid game player and

Mad Animator.

Married 9 yrs

6 yr old son

Have a sanctuary where I can hide and play

my games on my mac,this way the wife leaves me

alone...well most of the time.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

26. HS Class of '91. BA in History from the same school that Dennis Franz and Jenny McCarthy went to. Class of '96.

Had a life changing auto accident in Oct. '98 just days before my 25th B-Day. Broke neck along with spinal injury. Parallized my ass. But luckily it was an in-complete injury. Coming up on 20 months after-the-fact. Been using a walker since last July. But limited use of hands, which sucks. One vertebrae down and my hands would have been fine.

BUT, my out-patient therapy has brought me quite far from having to have a machine to stand me to walking with a cane. But more importantly, I have serious eyes for my therapist. wink.gif She reminds me of my mother. eek.gif Which is probably what I need for motivation and such. She's my age, well 8 months older to the day. Same religion. smile.gif

My previous working career was one of a physical nature. A lot of back-breaking work. My plans are to go back to college this fall and take some computer classes. One on Web Design. Hell, there was no such thing as the World Wide Web when I was in college. I'm going back to be re-trained, I guess. Before I was over-qualified for the pittily-ass jobs and under-qualified for the good jobs.

Besides, as my homepage says in my profile, "http://www.i_dont_know_html_code.com" I need to really learn this web design stuff 'cause I've heard that there is good money in it if you find a good company to work for.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

I think we should nominate Robert/1 for a "Captain Manieri Award"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

almost 26 barely married to the most adorable women wink.gif on earth (sorry guys, she's mine now wink.gif)

I work as an Air Traffic Controler in Geneva Area Control Center. Excellent work, good pay, lots of time off to play CM, fly, play baseball (yes we have that in Switzerland).

Name: Jeff Fraser

Occupation: Video "No, your reservation ain't in. Go **** yourself." Clerk and BA(Major in Business(Marketing)) Student.

Status: Attached. To a girl who works during my off-time, thus avoiding the ugly choice of her or CM. Whew!

Hey, Rick614, was that Greenling you were on? Where you ever part of Submariners, or VNC?

Guest kip anderson

Hi,

I am 42 and a military history/technology fan, more fun than F1 cars!

All the best,

Kip.

------------------

Interesting reading about the other fans out there.

38, Major in the USAF, attorney (now, now, be nice, people). rolleyes.gif

Married to the most beautiful woman I ever met. biggrin.gif Have a 15 year old stepdaughter and we are planning to have another (keep your fingers crossed).

Currently deployed to Sarajevo, Bosnia since 30 January. Will return home on 8 June (T-11 days, wahooooo!)

Been a wargame fan for about 25 years. Computers make it so much easier.

Tom

Guest Germanboy

31 going on 32, single and a Research Fellow (I got the last decent doctoral scholarship the EU handed out) at Warwick University Business School in the UK. When I am not playing CM I am supposed to write up about environmental management and electricity generation...

Started wargaming with NATO Commander on the C64 in them days. Haven't done it much lately before CM came out. And I was always fascinated by WWII and Great War history.

Armourbuff, I guess you won't be the only one long once the game comes out.

Andreas in Canada

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 05-27-2000).]

I am 35, married for 13 years with 4 beautiful kids. Started war gaming on the Apple II and have bought WAY too much of that stuff to have any retirement savings.

I work as an IT consultant and live in the Colorado mountains.

Mike

Guest herbjorn

Hi

21 years old, currently studying for my Master of Civil Engineering (MCE): computer science degree (2 down, 3 yrs to go) at the Norwegian university of science and technology.

Got hooked on the cm beta demo, but my favourite wargame of all time has to be Harpoon. Eagerly anticipating both the full version of CM and Harpoon4.