Average CM addict, married, 25+ years old?

I was reading the following thread; "My day as a CM addict" and laughed at most of the postings. This just made me re-think about the average CM player.

I'm guessing by the posts that the average user is married (yes, wife on the backburner smile.gif ), is around 25 YOA (I know this varies, with college age males in abundance), and from all walks of life (Although there seem to be a lot of, for the lack of a better term, "professional" people on the boards).

Oh, and of course, we're all slighly addicted, overstressed (games not out yet), sore rear ends(sitting in our comp chairs too much), thin (don't get up or take the time to eat), balding (again, the games not out and we have to pull something!), and last (because I'm tired of typing) but not least, we've finally received a computer game (well, we will recieve) worth all of the money they charge for it.

(One note on piracy. I'm not a fan of software piracy, but it would be even more of a crime, ney, immorale to steal from the creators of this game!!).

[This message has been edited by Lobo (edited 05-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Lobo (edited 05-24-2000).]

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm....25 years of age?

Nope, there was a very long discussion about the average age on this forum a while back and the average was around 39 years of age...Quite old, eh?

I would guess the vast majority of posters here are in their thirties-early fourties...

About to turn 31 and married and let me tell you my wife *loves* this game...(NOT!) :)

I don't know if its humanly possible to play these demo scenarios as many times as I have but tonight will be one more! hehehe

-Matt

Guest Pham

30, married, 2 kids, a car, a washer and dryer, and 3 cats(one of which got caught in the cords of a recently watered hanging plant that was left by the porch doors and, after deciding it was chasing him, dragged it across the living room, smashed it into a wall in the dining room, and then turned around and went back to the patch of carpet that wasn't covered with dirt in the living room to finish the job).

I'm currently a student(going for a degree in philosophy, because that's where they say the money is...) and looking for both a new carpet for the living room and someone to board a cat "for a few days"...

Guest smbutler

34, College Professor--M.A. Ph.D (and no, I can't spell--well I can; I just don't edit my

posts), divorced (about the time the campaign series came out smile.gif), overworked, underpaid; instead of making this post, I should be grading papers or working on an article for a scholarly journal...

Before these damn games came out I read about this stuff (history, war) for fun; also I learned languages, wrote, went fishing.

Now I just blow stuff up and liberate territory from Axis powers.

25. Yes! Not married though.. (Also "Yes!" in my book, even though it doesn't fit the stats). Have a Loch Ness Monster (Parachute qualified one too, no less; only one I know of), Cuddly Tank, Cuddly Battleship and a PC. Definitely think my PC/Eating time ratio is heavily skewed in favour of the PC.

NTM

30 years old, married with two kids. I took, the day off to go register for school (have to use those vacation days or you lose them).

My wife came home for lunch and expected to see the house clean and lunch ready. Well, when she walked through the front door, her ears were greeted with the now familiar sound of explosions, gunfire and yelling infantry units. Her patience is wearing thin, I can tell. But hey, if she leaves me, I've got my CM.

Flix

Guest Captain Manieri

Whoa. Are Colin and I the only teenagers at this BBS? I'm 16. Seems like there are all old people here!! frown.gif

"Whoa. Are Colin and I the only teenagers at this BBS? I'm 16. Seems like there are all old people here!!"

Old, Who are you calling old. Just wait, one day you will be looking back going "Wow it was just yesterday I was graduating from High School" That will be when you get your 10 year reunion notice. Or at least that was what I thought.

28, Married, one 3 year old. I am not old, proficient (ya, that's the ticket) proficient. Well not as experienced as those (whisper) older people. Why am I whispering they can't hear anyway.

But, oh well, maybe tomorrow when I get my 20 year reunion notice I'll be experienced by then. And with the way I crank the speakers to get the "Full" effect of those 105 shells I'll be deaf too.

Stenmur

[This message has been edited by Stenmur (edited 05-24-2000).]

Guest Pham

Sheesh, the place is apparently full of little kids.

And don't call me old, ya young'ins...

------------------

----

Offical, certified poster of the 50,000th message. You can all stop posting now. I won.

Guest Blacksilver

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Manieri:

I'm 16. Seems like there are all old people here!! frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old? Thank GOD I'll never have to be 16 again!! This "old" is the prime stuff, Cappy. wink.gif 36, divorced (but engaged to a different woman with the same name -- very sick), 2 kids. Gave up a promising career in the legal profession to play this damn game.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>On May 8 Nazi Germany surrendered unconditionally. We were told this momentious news . . . "So what" was typical of the remarks I heard around me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

--Pfc. Eugene Sledge, K/3/5, Okinawa

48 almost 49 (yeah what YOU lookin' at kid?) Iguess I am the reason there is a bell curve biggrin.gif married, oldest just finished sophmore year in college- told her tuition support will be decreased by cost of CM (hey we do have priorities ya know smile.gif 2 chinese pugs and associated accoutrements of a well lived life (except CM- Final)