More Bulge Info! (and a few screenshots...)

I think the way BFC does this is rather good...

Oboiusly i would prefer to get everthing,  in one package...NOW ! B)

But since we can not have that i think this basegame-, module kind of approach is the best alternative...Atleast we get something new to play with with regular intervals (not having to wait 3, 4 years with nothing to do while BFC is developing a MEGA-game...)

The fact that the Bulge-game will be a new basegame and not a module might not be the perfect solution for us costumers but after all...BFC has to get paid !

If the bulge was a module instead of a basegame  most of us would already have some commonwealth- and other troops and equipment to play with in the bulge setting (and perhaps not need to buy all the forthcomming modules)...

With a new basegame we will need to by new modules again to get a wide variaty of units but i really don't se this as a big problem...Atleast not moneywise !

What BFC are charging us for these products are in no way a large amont of Money...For example...When my buddies and i decide to go and see a movie we usually like to eat something as well (restaurant) and  maybe also have a few beers ;).

A night like this (kept at budget level) will easily set us back as much as BFC are charging us for a basegame...A movie gives us 2 hours of Entertainment...A basegame will most likely give us more then a hundred...

Considering what I am willing to pay for a lap dance from a Scottish sheep, what BFC charges is a steal.

It also lasts a whole lot longerrrrrrrr *.

* spoken with a brogue

The fact that the Bulge-game will be a new basegame and not a module might not be the perfect solution for us costumers but after all...BFC has to get paid !

This is more or less where I'm at - the game(s) might cost more than if it was all one big release with module add-ons, but BFC do need to make money and I certainly don't feel ripped off.

Especially when I think of all the other games I've bought over the years which only got played for a couple of days - I'm not short of fingers yet to count the games which I've played for years - and at least half that number came from BFC...

Alright look, I have to weigh in on the price discussion because this is getting ridiculous.

Combat Mission is cheaper than Call of Duty.

Okay there, I said it, and if you still don't get it I assume you are somehow unaware that nearly all new console games these days cost $60 or more. I'd say we're getting one heck of a game, for not as much as the crappy console games that have been coming out these days.

Wherever it is, so long as there's booze, DUKW's, and Schwimmwagens it's good!

I think you mean aides, not aids.

Gah! Hoist by my own petard! In a non-sequitur sort of way. ;)

My only excuse is that BLSTK's constant bleating about sheep had me concerned about rampant animal viral-strain STD's being introduced at the party.

Really. It's a weak excuse, I know, and it may make some say "ewe!" in disgust, but there it is.

Ken (going out on a lamb with this one...)

I'd love to see actual Combat Engineer abilities in the game, especially pontoon bridges, or those crazy extend-o-matic bridges they carry on modified tanks. We already have rhino tanks for busting bocage, flail tanks for clearing mines, and flame tanks for knocking out bunkers and pillboxes. One can only hope bridge tanks, DD tanks, and maybe bulldozers eventually make it into the game. Imagine being able to dig hulldown positions for your tanks on the fly!

Or better yet: ILLUMINATION FLARES!!

I'd be down with the scissor type bridges/bull dozers for pushing stuff out of the way (especially dozer tanks!) but the pontoon bridges and tank fighting positions are a big more elaborate than you'd have time for in a CM session (pontoon bridges take anywhere from 1-3 hours depending on the width, depth, speed, and condition of exit/entrance banks, hull down positions can take 40-90 minutes depending on terrain and tools.  Hull scrapes aren't as bad, but that's like maybe hiding the lower hull on a good day).

The scissor bridge would be cool though.  That'd let us go over AT ditches and the like in a pinch, and bulldozer type activities are always handy.

maybe you could get the blueprints for a mordbunker from mord   :D    

That could get expensive...it's like a cross between The Fortress of Solitude, Liberace's boudoir and the executive toilets on the Death Star. In other words...awesome.

Mord.

My only excuse is that BLSTK's constant bleating about sheep had me concerned about rampant animal viral-strain STD's being introduced at the party.

Ken (going out on a lamb with this one...)

Too funny, Ken.

FWIW, I wouldn't worry so much about the sheep carrying STD's. Wink, wink. Bah, Bah.

A cold, fruity crapper?

Yes. And coincidentally it's also the newest addition to Ben and Jerry's tasty lineup.

mord, how do you know what liberace's boudoir looked like?

I used to fluff his pillows.

Mord.

To me, many of these long threads take on the air of a huge party, a 2 or 3 story house cram-packed with party goers. Steve's house? Anyway, you hack through the crowd to go take a leak and grab another beer. On the way..you pass by John Kettler over by the fireplace...there he is in his turtleneck sweater sipping an appletini rambling on about something to an attentively listening female with thick glasses but some large sized breasts. Behind her back I give John the thumbs up sign....

I hear loud screams and look outside to see that sublime just did a cannonball off the 2nd story balcony into Steve's pool. Followed by sburke and mjkerner?

BFC Diamond Club Parties! gotta love 'em...

lmao