Wich CMx2 iteration are you waiting for most?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Market-Garden: I had been hoping pre-orders were just around the corner and then was pretty disappointed when BF took another "detour" to Italy with its announcement of CMFI: GL.

2) A tie: Bugle/Bagration: Really looking forward to both with equal anticipation.

3) CMFI: GL: I'll still buy it because it's WWII, but the Italian theater? Meh.

4) CMSF2: No interest whatsoever. I skipped CMSF1, and I'll skip this one too.

Bring em on, I'll buy em all. Except maybe CMSF2. I bought CMSF and Marines, but did not play it a lot. So, unless CMSF2 turns out really damn good, I will probably skip it.

That said, OMG is highly anticipated by me. I live very close to Arnhem/Nijmegen. East front will be great too. Gustav line I will buy too, CMFI was a pleasant surprise. But Western Europe remains my favorite theater.

I still do not own any of the CMSF stuff presently.

I was OK with the weapons.

I just did not like the fact about the match up.

You're right about that. CMSF encouraged an exceedingly cautious, anal-retentive mindset. Preserve your forces! Careful with the built up areas! And it suffered from the absence of a surrender mechanism; Third World armies tend to throw in the towel a lot.

CMSF (with all the modules) is second only to CMBB in my mind. The original US Army campaign is nothing near as interesting as the later stuff and community created campaigns.

On topic:

CMEF: My love of CM started with BB, plus it's something totally different from what we have

CMSF2: I'm sure it will be great, but I'm a bit concerned at the total lack of info, besides theater. Besides the new UI and stuff, what will be different?

Market Garden and Gustav Line: Will certainly get at some point, but no rush

Looking forward to the first iteration where when the 3rd ammo bearer sees a target but the gunner can't, that they automatically move their dam gun a couple inches so that the gunner can shoot at the target.

Yes, I have learned the hard way that you have to be very careful when positioning a gun that a crew member isn't standing on a rock and you are seeing his view instead of the los of the gun.

I'm looking forward to the Bulge title, myself. Late war vehicles & camou, plus snow fields and pine forests! Gustav line's going to give us a preliminary taste of winter fighting. I can imagine 3rd party scenarios creating erzats Bulge battles like happened with CMAK but that's only 2nd-best to having the real thing.

Market Garden

Gustav Line

East Front

Shock Force 2 will be interesting and I'll definitely pick it up but keeping it off any list at the moment. Just hope it's a bit more 'balanced' so you can act out a conventional war between West and East. Also would like to see what modules they have planned for this one, hopefully it will be diverse to cover other theaters in a modern WW3 situation. :D