Wich CMx2 iteration are you waiting for most?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, but what a horse! I've been reading on it for over 60 years and I still come across something new pretty often. I won't begrudge you your hobby horse, don't you begrudge me mine!Michael

Well there was a reason for the :D icon above my post. I felt i needed a strong argument to add in some weight towards CMSF2's priority in this WWII grog ridden forums ;-)

Actually history, including WWII, is one of the favorite things to invest my spare time in. I guess I enjoy beating dead horses too. Unfortunately at the moment I'm not able to dive into any CM game.

By all means please do enjoy your hobby and let no one stop you enjoying! :)

Market Garden

East Front

CMSF2

Market Garden first because I won't have time to do much with anything else until it's finished. ;)

East front next because it's where the best of the WW2 action is for me at any rate.

CMSF2 as well because I increasingly miss the modern era and the lethal equipment, especially helicopters.

I'll probably take a look at Bulge when it comes as I suspect that's when we'll see nighttime illumination. (honestly can't see how it can be done without it) Plus, I reckon there's a really good German campaign to be made there as well ;)

Some of the battles I loved the most were Finns vs Russian tanks and having 5-6 AT rifles pound the crap out of the Russian tanks (plink - plink - plink) the tanks running after them and then the molotovs coming out. Yes, I understand the PFs being lethal at 40-60 meters and some of the big A$$ AT guns blazing away but the infantry seems to take a back seat once the heavy Russian/German tanks come out.

I though am a bad player so having fun with slow moving infantry and a few weak tanks is more fun than being pounded from 800 meters by a JS-II or King Tiger. Pz-38t vs a BT-5 is much more fun. I think I need to find equally bad players to play against.

CM "Advanced" aka SF2 or whatever the name change is.

I will purchase all CM WWII games, modules, etc.

A given as the products ...the current CMFI/BN/CW... are so much fun to play

I suspect newfangled CM Simulations will be two fistfuls of RT Whop Axx Whoopee:D

Who are you kidding you're gonna get involved in everyone one of them PT ;)

I will have to be a bit more selective in the future as I don't have quite as much time on my hands to work on stuff as I used to. The OMG campaign will likely be the last of my 'monster' length campaigns. After that, I guess I'll be doing more focussed, much shorter campaigns. Given that BFC are looking to step up the pace of releases, I think that's going to fit in with their plans as well.

I've already got a great idea for a German campaign for the East Front title and I've also got some ideas about how to do a campaign for the CMSF2 title from either side as well. But mainly, I'd like to focus on miniatures, very short missions with tiny OBs and ridiculously short time limits :) Thinking more along the lines of 'Where all the Glory Lies' here ;)

Ooh whose the monster OMG campaign centered around? Its a shame PT, I really loved all your long campaigns, especially Montebourg and Scottish Corridor. Oh well though, I rarely play against the AI anymore. Maybe you could craft some nice H2H missions =P

• 1 month later...

Any iteration that where armor is relatively rare. I don't like large scale tank on tank battles. One or two per battle is great.

I also like forces outside the familiar American vs. German.

That being said, I am really looking forward to Gustav Line, which I can't download now because my internet has been broken for a whole week.

Some early war stuff would definitely be cool too.

Iterations in order of desire:

1) The one that has flamethrowers

1a) The one with a more sensible LOS system so that we see what gunners can see (and shoot at) rather than the 3rd ammo bearer

2) The one that allows inf to ride on tanks

3) The one where AAA can shoot at and affect aircraft

4) The one with ammo dumps (where we can also get the rare ammo for Stg44's)

4a) The one where units can acquire ammo from adjacent units (instead of having to mount /dismount etc.)

5) The one that has campaigns in which units can change experience levels in subsequent battles. I would love to be able to do field promotions and award medals as well during campaigns. :)

6) The one with a convoy-type command for roads

In terms of eras, Fronts or topics, they all seem pretty good and getting better. :)

1a) The one with a more sensible LOS system so that we see what gunners can see (and shoot at) rather than the 3rd ammo bearer

4a) The one where units can acquire ammo from adjacent units (instead of having to mount /dismount etc.)

5) The one that has campaigns in which units can change experience levels in subsequent battles. I would love to be able to do field promotions and award medals as well during campaigns. :)

Really into delayed gratification a lot, aren't you?

:D

Michael

In terms of eras, Fronts or topics, they all seem pretty good and getting better. :)

I agree, especially nbr 6. add 4c; fuel dumps and all this by time the bulge game comes out on Dec 16, 2013.

To be honest, I'm not really exited about having The Battle of the Bulge, Market Garden or a late Eastern Front game. But I would really love playing a CM based on the first years of the war, which are the most neglected years in the gaming community (except for the BoB).

Combat Mission: The Battle of France + Fall Weiss (Poland). :)