Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

Aris, you know I have any CW decal references you'd ever need...no need to waste time researching what's already done....:)

I originally planned to decal every one of your CW vehicles down to the regimental level, but I'm pretty sure I would have driven myself insane with all the seasonal variants (and only a very few would ever likely get used by players). Not to mention that it was taking away all of my limited free time.

Oh, my appreciated human encyclopedia!!! :)

These ones are pure American, no CW,...and according to people, there wasn't that much enthusiasm for decals anyway. You know how boring adding decals can be, so I simply skipped that step this time... ;) Nice to hear from you again Canuck!

Oh,sh*t,... I forgot to add the new US gear.bmp, and believe me, this adds to inmersion, it took me some hours to update it ...argh...

I may upload it a a single texture to CMMODS,...

BTW,..I would be glad to hear what yout think about the update, what you like, what you hate,...helps me improving...

I have all of your previous American Sherman mods. For these to work in my games will I have to delete the V1 of each American Sherman mod that we have from our Z folder?

Well, I renamed the new mod "ZZ_..." for that very reason, for those of you lazy enough, with enough HD space, that don't want to delete or mess around with anything,...take them for a rest somewhere, or forever if you want some free space or you are the tidy type of CM player. BUT, is NOT necessary.

Oh,sh*t,... I forgot to add the new US gear.bmp, and believe me, this adds to inmersion, it took me some hours to update it ...argh...

I may upload it a a single texture to CMMODS,...

BTW,..I would be glad to hear what yout think about the update, what you like, what you hate,...helps me improving...

Yeah you could just upload it as separate "mini mod". I'll try and throw some feedback your way after I really check them out.

I always use numbers etc just not unit insignia. Don't give up on doing numbers and anything else to add variety in future mods. I just think it's actual specific unit insignia that isn't used that much.

Ok then, not going to take the HUGE amount of time needed to add decals, insignias, numerals, fonts,...search for hours in internet for valid references, IF PEOPLE ARE NOT USING THEM, Idon't anyway, and this is for me , basically, :), so uploading to CMMODS a 1.00 version "ALL IN 1 PACKAGE for dirty SHERMANS" in Normandy. This has been a headache, I don't like modding the Shermans, but at the same time, I thing those 2 year old mods were sooo ugly now,...

Wodin,

Thats what I plan to do as well. It will work, but it might look a little bit out of place when a V1 hull/turret is matched with a V2 hull/turret. But I will try it out and see how it looks.

EDIT: I have to sneak in a small request/wish to Aris.. the Panzer VIB Henschel turret. Id love to see it get your attention and be brought up to par with the porsche :)

Thank's guys for the info about using dealership scenarios. to Look at your mod's I installed four dealerships. works great. right now I just have Aris Panzer 1V mega pack.

Plan to add more Aris Vehicles mods.

Wonder if somebody will add a updated MG dealership.

Thank's Again

Lane

Aris:

A few loosely connected comments…

Watching your commitment and continuous improvement is almost as fun as using your work in-game. Seriously sir, you are ridiculously good and I am thrilled to see you enhancing the Market Garden content.

I think the updated MkIV and more recent M4 packs you have shared are some of your best offerings yet. I hope you do include decal options every so often as they add an eccentric bit of character to the game. While division markings could be omitted, vehicle numbers and the occasional hull/turret artwork (your M5’s are brilliant) are always a flavorful treat to see among the virtual hedgerows.

Thanks for the Pak40 and British towed ATG’s. They aren’t the most sexy pieces of hardware in the game, but they featured prominently in the types of engagements Combat Mission portrays. Here’s looking forward to seeing you turn your attention to the German Flak vehicles and Marder I and II at some point.

While there are far fewer modders for CMx2, those who do contribute make up for the lack with wonderfully high quality work and you continue to be chief among them. We are very lucky to have you - keep having fun and raising the bar!