Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

Re shaders being OFF, I also noticed that in certain situations (hard to know if it's many or only a few) the graphics (terrain, uniforms etc) look better with shaders OFF.

The shaders seem to increase contrast and detail gets lost in the darker areas. (However, that could be the way I adjusted my NVidia card settings.)

Am also experimenting with adding more color and vibrancy to the game graphics, so that when I turn on "movie mode" I get a more realistic subdued color look, (ie: not the "unrealistic" B/W WW2 movie look).

Otherwise, I think there is an overly colorful "toy" look to the game, and those beautifully modded camo'ed vehicles seem to stand out in terrain rather than blend in.

Ok, all Sherman BMPS are ready to pack and ship. BUT, big BUT ...indeed, would you like to wait one more week (or maybe more) for all decal sets to be finished or would you like to have new Shermans now,...I have modified the base textures only, so French Shermans and other decals included in original Sherman mods (Version 1, September 2011) are not included ...

Did the British have the Star on the side of their tanks..always thought it was the US only.

I have seen one Normandy photo with a white star on the rear side of a British Sherman. Normally they have the usual square, triangle or circle decal.

I wonder if the US built vehicles were supplied with a white star and they were normally but not always painted out by the recipient units?

Ok, all Sherman BMPS are ready to pack and ship. BUT, big BUT ...indeed, would you like to wait one more week (or maybe more) for all decal sets to be finished or would you like to have new Shermans now,...I have modified the base textures only, so French Shermans and other decals included in original Sherman mods (Version 1, September 2011) are not included ...

I don't give a hoot about decals, but I still say wait a week. Some people love decals so why not give them that extra sweet lovin'?

I too am looking forward to this mega mod. Looking at that Sherman beta of yours, Fuser, has reminded me to ask whether anyone has ever seen any CW vehicles carrying stowed "gear" - ammo boxes etc etc. There is a specific CW gear bmp (and also one for the Axis lot) but I've never seen it show up in game. AFAIK it only shows up on US vehicles. If this is a coding issue I wonder if BF will deal with it in the MG module. BTW Fuser thanks for modding those CW a/t guns!

Cheers

Ok then, not going to take the HUGE amount of time needed to add decals, insignias, numerals, fonts,...search for hours in internet for valid references, IF PEOPLE ARE NOT USING THEM, Idon't anyway, and this is for me , basically, :), so uploading to CMMODS a 1.00 version "ALL IN 1 PACKAGE for dirty SHERMANS" in Normandy. This has been a headache, I don't like modding the Shermans, but at the same time, I thing those 2 year old mods were sooo ugly now,...