Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

But..you see.... I add and update...those packs get out of date as soon as they are uploaded ;) . To sum up, it takes time and love to make up and customize your beloved CM, be patient, enjoy it, it's just a part of the whole fun...I spend countless hours "improving" this wonderful game, come on guys, don't be lazy,...:)

M10V2.jpg~original

HERE

Not all my mods are at CMMODS. At some moment I decided I would upload exclusively there, but oldest mods for CMBN (most US for CMBN, yes) are only available at the Repository. So, in short, check the Repository for oldest US vehicles but be aware that some of them will be updated (time permitting) as I consider them to be,...well,..not up to my current standards...

Thanks for your responce :)

But..you see.... I add and update...those packs get out of date as soon as they are uploaded ;) . To sum up, it takes time and love to make up and customize your beloved CM, be patient, enjoy it, it's just a part of the whole fun...I spend countless hours "improving" this wonderful game, come on guys, don't be lazy,...:)

+1 Aris. For me part of the fun is putting time into customizing the game to my liking with a variety of mods from different moders.

People should appreciate the time put down by the moders/scenario designers to create this art they supply us with. The least we can do is try our selves if mod X still works, is compatible with whatever version of the game (theater etc). And to look through the repository/Gajs warehouse.

I also think players in general should play around more with the mods tools (explode files) and learn the basics of how files are named, numbered etc.

Not trying to be an a-hole here, but couldn't you just upload your old US units to cmmods then? I mean, don¨t be lazy ;)

I really do not like the repository, it is not user friendly at all...

Someone made a compilation out there somewhere that includes most, if not all, of your mods up until then.

Can't recall where that compilation was right now tho.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/mods-aris-and-other-popular-mods-combined-into-easy-to-download-packs.17477/

Here. :) Covers all of Aris' stuff for CMBN and CW. Nothing for MG yet as he's still working on them. May update the packs once Fuser 'moves on' back to CMFI or who knows Ost Front. :P

Not trying to be an a-hole here, but couldn't you just upload your old US units to cmmods then? I mean, don¨t be lazy

I really do not like the repository, it is not user friendly at all...

No. Simply put, no. Those are old versions. I will upload only improved updated versions to CMMODS. Be patient or download from the Repository. I know it's a hard hard effort, sweating and all, so many links, so many bytes,...such a tough life,... :)

Aris: your M10 has the same readme file as the Priest.

BTW: I have "Aris M7 Priest Mod Heavily Weathered" which seems to be a Brit. We don't delete that, correct? ((I couldn't even find an old M7B1 mod, so maybe I missed getting that.)

However. Aris M10 Tank Destroyer" with files from 9/15/2011 is to be deleted? Seems a shame as I noticed it's a lighter shade and the mod includes other files like "Rhino", "US gear", "M3 tripod" and others . Or, do these files simply no longer work in MG?

I have "Aris M7 Priest Mod Heavily Weathered" which seems to be a Brit. We don't delete that, correct?

Correct.

However. Aris M10 Tank Destroyer" with files from 9/15/2011 is to be deleted? Seems a shame as I noticed it's a lighter shade and the mod includes other files like "Rhino", "US gear", "M3 tripod" and others .

Keep it if you like it. Dletion is not mandatory, you can even rename the new "_hull.bmp " file to include both.

Aris, I d/l your .psd splash BG screens. Any chance they will be available as bmp's as I do not have photoshop?

One thing you can do is use Paint.Net which has a Photoshop plug in. It does not perform as well as Photoshop and does not have support for folders in the layers view but for smallish files or just converting to BMP it will do the job.