Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

Aris:While there are far fewer modders for CMx2, those who do contribute make up for the lack with wonderfully high quality work and you continue to be chief among them. We are very lucky to have you - keep having fun and raising the bar!

+1 to everything Peter said (not just the quote above). Very well put.

Awesome as usual Aris. Cant wait to try it out in game!

Would love to see something similar for the US..

Well Wodin, all you have to do is rename the .bmp and they will work just as well for US, CW and Italian forces. Go ahead.. give it a try.

Thanks Aris! I also will be renumbering so that I can get all of them as well as Mord's earlier ones show up in the game.

Question: When one has multiple files, do they have to be numbered sequentially with no number gaps, or does it not matter?

I ask cos it's often easier to simply put one extra number in front of an existing number like turning a 21 into a 121 rather than having to change every single number to make them sequential with no gaps. Hope you understand what I am saying.

Thanks Aris! I also will be renumbering so that I can get all of them as well as Mord's earlier ones show up in the game.

Question: When one has multiple files, do they have to be numbered sequentially with no number gaps, or does it not matter?

I ask cos it's often easier to simply put one extra number in front of an existing number like turning a 21 into a 121 rather than having to change every single number to make them sequential with no gaps. Hope you understand what I am saying.

I am pretty sure they have to be sequential. That is how it works with Force Specific Backgrounds at least. And I can´t see why it should be any different here.

Erwin, they should still show up...I have in the past misnumbered my uniform mods on occasion, and they still seemed to show up. But I never tested that. I always figured that numbering out of sequence would merely mess up the way they are randomly chosen. Not that that should make a lot of difference; random is random!

Aris, I just downloaded and opened up your US faces mod, and I'm confused. In the CM Base Game (Normandy v100) US skins are named like your mod...us-soldier-skin (followed by sequential numbers). In Normandy(v200) the names were changed to american_skin (#) and corresponding normal maps were added. I couldn't find that it changed back to the old naming convention in MG. Am I missing something? (I always rezexpolde the base files first thing after installing a new game/module.) I was just checking to see if they lined up with the normal maps, otherwise faces can get goofy looking, when I notice this.

Even if naming changed in CW, I have used the old BN naming convention and after checking them ingame I haven't seen any distortions due to normal maps, but you see, I am only one guy to test and I might be wrong,...If you see anything wrong just let me know and I' ll fix ASAP.