Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

I have had a look and compared version 1 and 2 of several of Aris latest releases (not the M8 HMC yet though). To me they look even more realistic, the weathering and slightly darker colors.

Aris just keeps getting better and better. Its a treat having these mods in game :)

Thanks Aris... BTW: I compared the old mod graphics .bmp's with this new one and it was hard to tell any difference. What did you change?

Slight differences actually, but most importantly they look better more realistic ingame due to some refined weathering, specially in turret, where weathering was added too randomly en Version 1.

And this is how a SdKfz251 17 & 21 look like minutes after Aris explodes the BMPs (I can hear them screaming, yelling in pain and desperation,..."Why me? Am I not beautiful, pristine, clean and amazing as I am?"-- "Yes, you are" many would say ;) ).

Difficult textures to add weathering to. I revisited my older mods for the SPWs but I then decided to use completely new textures for these ones,..as it used to happen to me, I applied weathering without too much logic or realism back in the ol` times,...

CMNormandy2013-11-1818-22-55-44.png~original

Adding decals, modifying weathering, base texture contrast and sharpening,...these vehicles don't benefit from the ingame lightning system at all. Square or plain surfaces get oversaturated (specially if the shaders are off), and they look like solar panels,...

Anyway,...

CMNormandy2013-11-1918-17-47-41.jpg~original

Fuser

I was downloading your V2 Stugs (which are wonderful as usual) from cmmods but noticed this inside the 'box'. Should the Stuh on the 3 hulls should be Stug? I just wanted to check

ScreenShot2013-11-21at234539_zps211c9a57.png

Good catch kensal. YES, rename "stuh-early hull 2" to "stug-iiig-early-hull 2", and so on...

PM read and answered...

Uploading SdKfz 251 17 as I write...Go check it. ;)

Enjoy.

P.S: I have been thinking about redoing my older SPW 251s using the SdKfz 251 21 and 17 weathering base. Do you like these latest mods better than the old SPWs, would you like to have them "updated"??

Fuser:

I think you are getting some great effects with the richer tones and more deliberate application of the wear/weathering textures in your most recent efforts - even the welds between armor plates seem more pronounced. As accomplished as your earlier work remains, the newer techniques produce a more subtle, intentional and realistic looking model.

That said, I would echo Ian’s preference that you touch on as many different models before spending time revisiting prior work. In the end though, I clearly love your aesthetic and want you to creatively go wherever your passion and inspiration leads you. This should be fun for you too!

Loose notes…

Thank you for the US small arms mod. I lifted your Fortress Italy version for the Germans and applied it to the Normandy game long ago. Great work - you and Rambler could make one hell of a collaborative effort in this area.

BFC reworked the model for the Sherman III in v2.11, which appears to have reassigned some of the textures and negated your previous mod. That’s progress, I suppose. ;)

Keep up the exceptional work - I really dig the latest SPW’s. I swear the Germans were bolting auto cannons on anything that would move towards the end.