CM Fortress Italy v2.11 patch has been released

IMPORTANT: This patch is only for players using the Game Engine 4 version of CMFI. The 2.10 patch must be installed before applying the 2.11 patch.

Here is a direct link to the patch:

https://battlefront.sharefile.com/share/view/s54117f0d2e84b09b/foe5280b-7f5f-4c6b-a88f-d43cff14ca96

Patch notes:

v2.11 PATCH NOTES

AI
* Soldiers are more likely to hold their ground and shelter in place when suppressed in defensible terrain (building, hedgerow, etc), rather than engage in evasive behavior

TO&E AND FORMATIONS
* M24 Chaffee is now available in Quick Battles beginning February 1945 by purchasing the Light Tank Company
* StuH 42 is now available at all proper times as an independent vehicle purchase
* French soldiers now have a chance to carry the M1892 revolver or M1935A pistol instead of the M1911
* Fixed some discrepencies in appearence options for German troops
* Adjustments to the crew counts of the Stuart V Recce and Sherman Kangaroo
* Removed vehicles that were available for Quick Battle purchase in Infantry Only battles
* Found the missing British and Polish motor infantry battalion command staff: the officers had gotten lost again
* Fixed missing Firefly crews from Canadian and Polish battalions with 5 troops

ART AND MODELS
* Corrected placement of French rifle grenade
* Corrected the size of the following weapons: M1917 rifle, Carcano rifle, FN 24/29 LMG
* Corrected some visual glitches for the M5, M5A1, and M9A1 halftracks
* Marder II gunner is now facing the proper direction: forward!
* Fixed Sikh greatcoat texture mapping to face

INTERFACE
* Added some missing UI elements for nations introduced in Rome to Victory

AUDIO
* Resolved issues with voices for nationalities introduced in Rome to Victory.

BUG FIXES
* FIXED: Soldiers on upper building floors would inappropriately react to suppression from enemy fire
* FIXED: Infantry under fire seek cover in the direction of the fire
* FIXED: Under certain circumstances, building debris would float above the ground
* FIXED: In certain situations, French soldier helmets would disappear when viewed from a great distance
* FIXED: T32 infantry gun's projectile and tracer appearing from wrong location (not the barrel)

57 minutes ago, Howler said:

Can this patch be applied to ongoing 2.10 PBEM games?

Yes, open the PBEM file in 2.10. During the plot phase save the game. Close CMFI completely and apply the patch. Then load the saved game and finish your email turn. Your opponent will need the patch installed to play the turn that you send them.

Mmmmm, you are going to want to re-check the textures for the new french weapons. Not going to lie, it would be comical that this patch, that presumably has been worked on for like more than half a year, has such a blatant texture fault, if it wasnt downright sad.

Unless is a problem with my installation, then forget what I said. If someone can check if they have the same issue I would appreciate it.

XD.png

Edited by CHEqTRO

Yup, I checked, but it looks like it may have been some sort of unintended consequence. There is no new texture or other changes in the 211 patch for the model 1892 pistole. But looking back in the v. 210 brzs, the m1892 texture is simply the "map" your screenie shows. So either something in the new 211 tripped back and changed the texture in 210, or it was always that way since 210 and no one caught it.

It apparently was that way in the 210 version (R2V release) and just overlooked by everyone. I had originally checked the games' "active " brz (the one in the  program files x86 folder). But I just checked my copied-and-exploded R2V brzs made at the time I installed it, and that texture is also unfinished. So it was unfinished from the git go.

From the readme:   * French soldiers now have a chance to carry the M1892 revolver or M1935A pistol instead of the M1911

So it appears that upon release the pistol never showed up at random as they should have.  That's been fixed, but if you just look at the soldier's weapon in the UI or from a distance in game, I guess you could miss that it's texture was not completed.

@Elvis, could you note this as a bug for whomever, please?

On 7/16/2020 at 7:06 PM, BFCElvis said:

FIXED: T32 infantry gun's projectile and tracer appearing from wrong location (not the barrel)

Thanks for that! Took a while, but hopefully it fixes this issue:

I wonder if the blinking contact icons will be fixed, just have to check and see I guess...

One thing I don't understand is why you keep releasing patches in RAR format. Does it really compress better than the much more universally supported ZIP format, which is built-in to Windows these days? I mean, I have the tools to unpack them but not necessarily every does.

2 minutes ago, Shadrach said:

One thing I don't understand is why you keep releasing patches in RAR format. Does it really compress better than the much more universally supported ZIP format, which is built-in to Windows these days? I mean, I have the tools to unpack them but not necessarily every does.

Yes, it does compress better and smaller. Size matters. Both for the end user to download (both speed and if they have metered bandwidth) and server storage on our end. As the guy who runs the Help Desk, and has to explain to some people what a RAR file is and how to extract it from time to time, you can bet I've campaigned with HQ about using ZIP instead. They are battles that I have yet to win. 🙂

On 7/16/2020 at 11:03 PM, mjkerner said:

Yup, I checked, but it looks like it may have been some sort of unintended consequence. There is no new texture or other changes in the 211 patch for the model 1892 pistole. But looking back in the v. 210 brzs, the m1892 texture is simply the "map" your screenie shows. So either something in the new 211 tripped back and changed the texture in 210, or it was always that way since 210 and no one caught it.

I bet @MikeyD has a texture he could share.

21 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

Will the Vickers-Berthier be made available for Indian troops?

Admittly information is slim, but we could find no evidence this MG was used by Indian divisions in Italy.  They seem to have been fairly uniformly equipped along standard British lines.

Edited by akd

Chris had posted this to us on the Beta boards before release:

"The Indian Fire Support voices should be normal now. For some of the others, the fire support voices were pulled."

I think the SA voices are still to be added. But Indian and Free French should now work.