CMSF2

Digital DL for Elements 2018 on Amazon, is 69 bucks. Apparently it went on sale because last time I looked it was 99. Neither is very much money, this time last year I could've bought it in a second but right now I am out of work and living off my savings and can't justify the expenditure.

Life is feast or famine. I feasted these last two years but had no time, now I have time but gotta go on a diet. LOL.

Mord.

30 minutes ago, Mord said:

Digital DL for Elements 2018 on Amazon, is 69 bucks. Apparently it went on sale because last time I looked it was 99. Neither is very much money, this time last year I could've bought it in a second but right now I am out of work and living off my savings and can't justify the expenditure.

Life is feast or famine. I feasted these last two years but had no time, now I have time but gotta go on a diet. LOL.

Mord.

I'm up for kicking in, anyone else?  I get too much out of your mods to not feel it is right to help get the software.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another equipment related thought.....With the benefit of hindsight (not to mention generous gulf states) it seems to me that NVG should be added to the top couple of equipment quality slots for 'Fighters' and perhaps the top quality slot for 'Combatants'.  ;)

http://taskandpurpose.com/taliban-red-unit-commandos-m4s-killed-scores-afghan-troops-week/

57 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Another equipment related thought.....With the benefit of hindsight (not to mention generous gulf states) it seems to me that NVG should be added to the top couple of equipment quality slots for 'Fighters' and perhaps the top quality slot for 'Combatants'.  ;)

http://taskandpurpose.com/taliban-red-unit-commandos-m4s-killed-scores-afghan-troops-week/

I think you're urinating in the wind to be honest.

1) The game is set in Syria in 2008.

2) UNCON use of NVGs circa 2008 was rarer than a rare thing.

3) My read from Steve's posts is that the focus is to bring the title up to current game standard and not faff around with the TO&E or add new vehicles and equipment.

24 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Tsk tsk tsk. It's not a game, its a tactical combat sim. ^_^

I had a girlfriend once that called Combat Mission "that little video game that you are always playing" during a semi-argument. Well, I had to explain to her that it wasn't a "video game" but an advanced combat simulation portraying the Western Front of WWII, using historically accurate equipment and armies to create blah, blah, blah.

You noticed I said "had" a girlfriend...?

Mord.

Edited by Mord

:lol:

PS - @Combatintman  Mostly been messing about with that ODA Team Core that I knocked up for Borg of late.....They're a flexible little mob!  ;) 

Mosul is giving me the hump at the moment, I have this feeling I'm going to be doing it all again (well the most fiddly bit at least) in the not too distant future.  :unsure:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

14 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

:lol:

PS - @Combatintman  Mostly been messing about with that ODA Team Core that I knocked up for Borg of late.....They're a flexible little mob!  ;) 

Mosul is giving me the hump at the moment, I have this feeling I'm going to be doing it all again (well the most fiddly bit at least) in the not too distant future.  :unsure:

im watching you @Sgt.Squarehead - always watching you ;) 

:ph34r:

Forgot to mention in my post on NVG that Fighter teams already have access to NVG from their ATGMs and more (too?) frequently from the RPG-29s at the top end of the equipment quality chart.....It's a bit odd to have RPGs leading every nocturnal advance but it's the sensible move as things stand. 

We have learnt in recent years that ISIS was more than capable of some surprisingly sophisticated improvisation (again not to mention some very well financed backers in the region):

http://spioenkop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/armour-in-islamic-state-story-of.html

http://sturgeonshouse.ipbhost.com/topic/956-jihad-design-bureau-and-their-less-mad-opponents-creations-for-killing-each-other/

So a few NVG equipped riflemen & snipers really doesn't seem beyond the pale as a tweak to the TOE to me.

On 12/16/2017 at 2:50 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Purchase Syrian Commandos.

Rename to Taliban Commandos.

Done. (Beard mod not included.)

Edited by akd

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:40 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Surely 'rarer than a rare thing' is the purpose of the top equipment tiers.....As you know my interest is no longer really very focussed on the the fictional storyline (Wonder how that happened?  ;) ), the more options we get, the more we can do (can't hurt to mention it after all).   B)

It doesn't matter what your interest is in the fictional storyline - it doesn't flick my switch much either as you also know. The fact is that Steve has stated repeatedly that CMSF is a fictional Syrian conflict set in 2008 and there is and never has been any appetite on Battlefront's part to morph it into an Iraq, Afghanistan or any other game. If we campaign and scenario designers want to do that then fine but I say again that you are urinating in the wind if you think that Battlefront are going to add stuff to CMSF 2 to turn it into anything other than a fictional Syrian Conflict set in 2008 upgraded to the current game engine.

33 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

It doesn't matter what your interest is in the fictional storyline - it doesn't flick my switch much either as you also know. The fact is that Steve has stated repeatedly that CMSF is a fictional Syrian conflict set in 2008 and there is and never has been any appetite on Battlefront's part to morph it into an Iraq, Afghanistan or any other game. If we campaign and scenario designers want to do that then fine but I say again that you are urinating in the wind if you think that Battlefront are going to add stuff to CMSF 2 to turn it into anything other than a fictional Syrian Conflict set in 2008 upgraded to the current game engine.

Yeah this is pretty much it.  Manage your expectations to what you already know.  CMSF2 will not change it's setting.  The only thing it will do is add the 4.0 engine capabilities.  "only" being a really weak word for a spectacular update.  :D